No plans to order 24 hour curfew in Thailand: govt

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Hockeybik said:

OK, let's say they are under reporting... what do you think the numbers really are? 

Infections X10? Deaths, who knows. People die and are not tested. Deaths attributed to underyling problems or simply viral pneumonia. One can only guess the true number with low testing rates.. 

1 hour ago, john69 said:

Any sources for your claim that the drop in numbers is a smokescreen? Or are you just venting your dislike of the government and Thailand, the country you have made you home.

Look at the testing numbers and apply logic. Don't pull that farang s##t with me. Here 17 yrs with Thai family. As for dislike of the govt. well that would put me in the majority.

22 minutes ago, johnarth said:

hell you have this totally wrong this virus was calculated in a lab by the Chinese military only 100ks from where it was released at a fish market do not loose site of the facts this is war

I read an article about a Chinese lab, back in 2015, fiddling around with a corona like virus, to make it fit to humans. I'm just not sure whether these are true stories or made up?

At this point in time, I do believe everything ... not trusting any of these governments and what they have in their mad & sick minds.

Anyways, it goes off-topic ... let's watch this spokes person dismissing her own rumours she brought up herself a few days ago ????

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, The Engineer said:

You are a very unbalanced negative fool. The Thai are reasonably in control, that's what the Thai on the street also say. Not many infections are unreported they say, because we would know. Of course there are people not seeing a doctor, like in the Western World. Of course there will be a few dying in Thailand unnoticed as COVID victim,

Your negative comments, critisising the Thai have no basis and are actually very impolite and you should not be here, not because you say yourself it is bad in Thailand and also because of your continuous negative comments. If you really would be honest and look at the figures, see below, you should know the situation in Thailand is much better than in Europe or USA (who are may be also lying). Get out.

And you sir, are a very obnoxious fellow aren't you?  You should be banned from this site for your bad manners and lack of self control.  But since you are new here maybe the moderators will give you another chance and just slap your limp little wrists.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, kevin612 said:

Of course, the number is 51 today which truly surprised me. Keep the numbers small to  avoid 24 hrs curfew.

I am surprised that from January until now, 26 people have died in Thailand from COVID-19 

I am not sure what we think about this.  I am certain, it would be very difficult to organize this kind of curfew. BUT, they do have it implemented in a number of countries. people go shopping based on the last numbers of their passport/ids and in panama, its based on that number and your gender for example.  We saw a bunch of young persons...teens/20's playing volleyball today when we were walking. None of these locals were wearing masks.  I. they are all touching the ball 2. they are falling on one another 3.  they are prespiring  4.  they scream and saliva travels and lingers in the air 5. they go home and eat maybe? do they bathe? do they wash their hands?  I don't know. But, it is situations like what we saw, that makes me think they need to be more strict.  Like everyone here, we want the fewest sick and the fewest casualties and we want it over as soon as possible.  Playing volleyball because, there is no work or school....not seeming like a good thing:(  I am not sure everyone understands how this disease is transmitted or, that ANYONE can get the disease.  I see Farangs without masks in elevators and accepting food from delivery.  I see locals doing this too:(  ugh

23 hours ago, webfact said:

2) Coordinate with local administration offices and related agencies regarding steps to prevent Covid-19 from spreading in communities.

Well there is a first for everything i suppose, now if only they could keep that in place once this pandemic is over, i know its hard to imagine but, if you can, all govt agency's, in all provinces follow the SAME rules. Nah won't ever happen.

2 hours ago, johnarth said:

hell you have this totally wrong this virus was calculated in a lab by the Chinese military only 100ks from where it was released at a fish market do not loose site of the facts this is war

And who has a track record in starting wars, and it may come as a surprise but there are always two sides in a war.

One popular conspiracy theory that has emerged about the coronavirus is that American athletes participating in the Military World Games, an event held in Wuhan last year, may have brought the virus, either intentionally or accidentally, into China.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/03/12/chinese-official-says-us-army-may-have-brought-epidemic-wuhan.html

At the end of the day people will believe what they prefer to believe.

2 hours ago, RedPill said:

I read an article about a Chinese lab, back in 2015, fiddling around with a corona like virus, to make it fit to humans. I'm just not sure whether these are true stories or made up?

Many medical institutions around the world have been investigating the coronavirus since the SARS outbreak in 2002.

There was another coronavirus outbreak in 2012, MERS, but no one mentions that one as a bit difficult to pin it on the Chinese.

Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) is a viral respiratory illness caused by a coronavirus (Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus, or MERS‐CoV) that was first identified in Saudi Arabia in 2012. Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that can cause diseases in humans, ranging from the common cold to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).

https://www.who.int/csr/disease/coronavirus_infections/faq/en/

On 4/6/2020 at 2:26 PM, dinsdale said:

Here it is. The Junta  govt. can't afford a 24hr curfew because they know it will be the end of them. Drop the numbers. Make yourself look good and avoid the consequences political, social and ecomocic. The drop in numbers is a smoke screen.

You are surely not accusing a goverment which set up its very own anti-fake news department of spreading fake news?

The latest encouraging figures may simply be the result of most people behaving responsibly, wearing a mask and minimising contact with potential asymptomatic carriers of the virus?

If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Edited by Krataiboy

I had to go to the mall yesterday because Kerry Express deliveries are running really late but I bought what we needed yesterday no problem. I did wear a mask in the mall yesterday but the mall was really polite about it. 

A post containing unattributed content and a reply has been removed.  Please provide a valid link to the source of information when posting.

A post using content from an unapproved YouTube source has been removed.