BANGKOK
jimmjam

Best Place to live in Thailand that has beaches?

Looking for some ideas, i get bored of isaan easily, so i usually take the family and go live somewhere else for while.

Last year it was Hua Hin, it was ok i just hated the weekend traffic. I used my car once while i was there.

Im looking for something perminent this time. 

Dont want to do islands, would prefer to stay on the mainland.

I heard someone on here mention bang saray?

Is it liveable there?

Would need to be near schools, malls, etc....

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

Note to self...

Dont ask for advice on this forum.🤦‍♂️

Similar questions have been asked before and a variety of answers have come up depending on your age and outlook. 
Ruling out the Islands limits your choices  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Similar questions have been asked before and a variety of answers have come up depending on your age and outlook. 
Ruling out the Islands limits your choices  

I will have a search. Cheers.

3 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

If you sort of "Liked" Hua Hin, but didn't quite "gel" with the place then why not try Cha-Am?

Close enough to Hua Hin if you want to pop in, but far enough away if you don't

I also quite like Bang Saen which is the closest beach resort place to Bangkok (if that's important to you for airports etc...) 

Recently back from a 3 week exploratory tour looking at places to live by the sea & my personal & very limited findings were...

1. I didn't get on with Jomtien, ok for a holiday, I just couldn't see myself living there
  2. I loved Koh Samed but Internet searches bring up zero places to rent there & can well imagine I'd be bored after a few weeks
  3. Pretty neutral about Koh Samui, certainly everything you could want/need there, but a bit more on the expensive side & felt more geared to tourists (NB I only stayed in Lamai & Chaweng,  it's a lot bigger Island than I got to see) 

Personally my next trips (When I've no idea) will be to check out mid-country... Udon Thani, Khon Kaen etc... as not living near the beach/sea is not a deal breaker for me (though I would prefer it if I could), as long as I can get to one in a few hours

Will have a look at bang saen.

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

Will have a look at bang saen.

Cheers.

The weekend traffic in Bang Saen is very heavy in normal times. This seemed to be an issue for you in Hua Hin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bang Saray, Sattahip and all the cities/towns around. Relaxed life but you are also in the cities of Rayong and Pattaya very quick for shopping, dining, cinema, etc. We plan to relocate to Huay Yai. Half an hour drive to the next beach.

• Like 2