Best Place to live in Thailand that has beaches?

Looking for some ideas, i get bored of isaan easily, so i usually take the family and go live somewhere else for while.

Last year it was Hua Hin, it was ok i just hated the weekend traffic. I used my car once while i was there.

Im looking for something perminent this time. 

Dont want to do islands, would prefer to stay on the mainland.

I heard someone on here mention bang saray?

Is it liveable there?

Would need to be near schools, malls, etc....

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

Note to self...

Dont ask for advice on this forum.????‍♂️

Similar questions have been asked before and a variety of answers have come up depending on your age and outlook. 
Ruling out the Islands limits your choices  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Similar questions have been asked before and a variety of answers have come up depending on your age and outlook. 
Ruling out the Islands limits your choices  

I will have a search. Cheers.

3 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

If you sort of "Liked" Hua Hin, but didn't quite "gel" with the place then why not try Cha-Am?

Close enough to Hua Hin if you want to pop in, but far enough away if you don't

I also quite like Bang Saen which is the closest beach resort place to Bangkok (if that's important to you for airports etc...) 

Recently back from a 3 week exploratory tour looking at places to live by the sea & my personal & very limited findings were...

1. I didn't get on with Jomtien, ok for a holiday, I just couldn't see myself living there
  2. I loved Koh Samed but Internet searches bring up zero places to rent there & can well imagine I'd be bored after a few weeks
  3. Pretty neutral about Koh Samui, certainly everything you could want/need there, but a bit more on the expensive side & felt more geared to tourists (NB I only stayed in Lamai & Chaweng,  it's a lot bigger Island than I got to see) 

Personally my next trips (When I've no idea) will be to check out mid-country... Udon Thani, Khon Kaen etc... as not living near the beach/sea is not a deal breaker for me (though I would prefer it if I could), as long as I can get to one in a few hours

Will have a look at bang saen.

Cheers.

Bang Saray, Sattahip and all the cities/towns around. Relaxed life but you are also in the cities of Rayong and Pattaya very quick for shopping, dining, cinema, etc. We plan to relocate to Huay Yai. Half an hour drive to the next beach.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimmjam said:

Note to self...

Dont ask for advice on this forum.????‍♂️

You did sort of ask for it, Mr jimmjam... the whole place is a shower of sh*** at the mo.:giggle:

However, Prachuap Khiri Khan is nice and also near to Hua Hin, but perhaps a bit quiet. Bang Saray does look quite nice, then there's Rayong. Songkhla is dead and beach not great. Have a good look around once this thing has died down.

• Like 2

Yeah,  the developers used the loop hole in the law that limited condos to be no higher than 12 stories X number of meters from the beach by putting their parking lot in front of the monster condo, to satisfy the distance requirement.  There is no consideration in this country on the spirit of the law, but just how you can get around it as written

And there are still many vacant beach view lots that are just waiting for the same treatment.  Bang Sarey will soon mirror the sprawl that is Jomtien,  that you can see from the Bang Saray beach on a clear night 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

Yeah,  the developers used the loop hole in the law that limited condos to be no higher than 12 stories X number of meters from the beach by putting their parking lot in front of the monster condo, to satisfy the distance requirement.  There is no consideration in this country on the spirit of the law, but just how you can get around it as written

And there are still many vacant beach view lots that are just waiting for the same treatment.  Bang Sarey will soon mirror the sprawl that is Jomtien,  that you can see from the Bang Saray beach on a clear night 

It's actually 8 stories...and Delmare only got permission for 33 floors as they built the road and one of the directors of Porchland was on the Chonburi planning committee....but Jomtien has facilities and infrastructure

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, baansgr said:

It's actually 8 stories...and Delmare only got permission for 33 floors as they built the road and one of the directors of Porchland was on the Chonburi planning committee....but Jomtien has facilities and infrastructure

Corruption is corruption by any name and what happened once is sure to happen again , they built the road not out of altruism but because they had to get to their building site and could not encroach on adjacent lots.

And this happened years after the controversy from building a condo in Jomtien that blocked everyone's view of the water, which hastened the 12 or 8 story regulation in the first place

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Jomtien is not a patch on the relative quality of life in Bang Saray................. unless you enjoy being swamped by Russians. It is becoming more western dominated than Hua Hin.

Rarely is there a need to venture into Pattaya; if your need is greater then live there, or Jomtien which is a lot closer. I agree about the traffic, especiaally at weekendss, but I wouldn't take my car out then whether I lived in Bang Saray, Jomtien or Pattaya itself. 30 mins on my motocy to Friendship or Siamsburys or my regular massage shop.

Big C and Makro at Sattahip are 15 mins away and it is useful having Utapao airport half an hour away.

They haven't spoilt Bang Saray for me yet, but I can see that it will not be too many years before they do.

Quality of live in Bang Saray....that made me chuckle...each to their own but it really could be a nakon nowhere anywhere in Thailand...and face it...most people live on the dark side or all the way up 332...which in itself again could be Issan or anywhere.... 

• Like 1

Greater Pattaya.  Plenty of variety as to places to live--both in and out of town.  Lots of housing estates in all price ranges.  Up to you whether you want to live close to Pattaya or farther out but either way you have great shopping choices, entertainment, lots of restaurants, and good hospitals--including a new one being finished in Jomtien.  

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 10:16 PM, jimmjam said:

Will have a look at bang saen.

Cheers.

That would be my suggestion. i have lived in the area for about 12 years and having seen a fair bit of Thailand would say it is one of the better locations. It is well placed with Bangkok and the airport within a couple of hours.

Unlike Hua Hin the town is very easy to get about with or without a vehicle. There is a baht cab service that runs between Chonburi and Bang Sean beach,and also one along to Sri Ratcha. The hospital is part of the university, right in the centre and on the taxi route. They have recently opened a new building, it's where I go and very clean and efficient. Fairly large mall virtually across the road and there are a variety of shopping centres not far away in Chonburi.

Being a beach resort it is fairly popular with people from Bangkok but only really gets busy at holiday weekend and when there is some event on, such as the Bang Saen Grand Prix. The beach stretches for about 3km and visitors tend to stick to the centre section, quiet areas can always be found at each end and it wouldn't take long to find the roads that bypass the busy parts.

Good luck.

• Like 1