Nakhon Ratchasima orders hotels to close

webfact

Nakhon Ratchasima orders hotels to close

By THE NATION

800_43a559e5b097aae.jpg?v=1586160580

Nakhon Ratchasima Governor Wichian Chantharothai ordered hotels in the province to close temporarily from tomorrow (April 7).

Today’s announcement said all hotels registered under the Hotel Act 2004, except those presently hosting guests, must abide by the order.

The exempted hotels are allowed to run until their guests leave, and they must inform authorities of the guests’ names, phone numbers and leaving dates, and immediately separate those showing Covid-19 symptoms.

However, hotels which want to continue operating can draw up operational plans and virus preventive measures and propose these to district chiefs. The plans and measures will be considered by Nakhon Ratchasima’s communicable disease committee.

The exempted hotels must sterilise all “touch points” and dispose of waste every day. Also, their staff must wear medical masks and alcohol-based sanitisers should be on hand in the lobby or in guest rooms or rest rooms.

All hotels have been ordered to check the temperature of their employees and guests, while a gathering of more than two persons on their premises is strictly prohibited, according to the order.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385489

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-06

I am scheduled to depart BKK on 19th April and was planning to stop enroute from Surin at Korat, staying overnight to meet my GF's daughter who is living with her Grandparents and attending College there. A child I have known from the age of two. Will hotels be allowed to welcome guests if they pass the health checks at the hotel?