PM Prayut urges stringent punishment of forest arsonists

webfact

Levels are WAY more than 273, and NEVER 7.

I can not understand this huge problem (sanitary emergency some say).

Thai people don't even like to talk about that. Maybe they feel they can do nothing against the farmers who are killing and injuring seriously so many people for years.

I read 2-3 years ago in Bangkok post i think, that more than 100.000 people are going hospital for that. Lungs, heart, eyes, sinus, etc. Would be necessary to have the real actual numbers. But not only it's very irritating, it kills, and it injured ! Thousands, every year.

Maybe gouvernement and army fear those farmers ? Seriously. 

Otherwise action need to be strong, after 10 years of doing nothing.

Satellites, drones, army. Set examples. Period. No autorisation all year. No fk fire !

Then diplomacy with Laos, Myanmar, China, Cambodia.

This very heavy problem makes those countries look like the most savages countries in the world. Animals would not be that stupid.

And no power in charge ? And no social reaction ?

Argument : this has a heavy impact on economy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The Prime Minister has urged related officials to identify and take legal action against the arsonists

he can urge as much as he wants. If he doesn't  send  an army of crucifiers to the mountains nothing will change, same  as all the years before..

Edited by sweatalot
  • Like 2

Total respect for the fire fighters on the last pict.

Compared to the virus, with witch you have a chance to not have problem, this kind of méga-pollution is 100% sure to hurt. People, planet.

PM said last year "hm i want this problem to be fixed in 7 days". It looked not to smart of course... But actually, send army, and the problem would be fixed within a week or so. 

But by just talking of course zéro result, it's even worse.

I would be curious to know the ridiculous fines too that may be in the law for those major CRIMES...

And again total respect for the fire fighters on the last pict. I can hardly imagine more difficult mission, even in a war.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

More BS lip service from the PM. Last year when Prayut visited Chiang Mai the daily AQI was unbearable he said that the problem would be fixed within 7 days, off course Sweet Fanny Adams was done. Here we are 1 year later and it's the same rinse/repeat rant. Talk is cheap, we need action here in Northern Thailand....

Not just in Chiang Mai. In all the years I have lived here in Kanchanaburi it has never been a problem. This year last 4 months have been in the high 100's to early 200's. More worried about dying from that than Covid 19!!????????????????????????????????

17 hours ago, webfact said:

The Prime Minister has urged related officials to identify and take legal action against the arsonists responsible.

Just tell the officials and the governor: one more fire and you're gone!

• Like 1

They always just ask and warn and urge and tell people (not) to do something. How about enforcing existing laws, rules and regulations for a change? 

The whole world shows dramatic declines in air pollution over the last few months, except northern Thailand, where the morons just refuse to stop burning. And those who can do - and should actually do - something about it do <deleted> all and just watch it happen, year after year after year. What a disgrace.

Some posts containing comments in violation of the following forum rule have been removed:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 9:01 PM, DPKANKAN said:

Not just in Chiang Mai. In all the years I have lived here in Kanchanaburi it has never been a problem. This year last 4 months have been in the high 100's to early 200's. More worried about dying from that than Covid 19!!????????????????????????????????

Anything under 200 is considered a ‘good’ day, in Chiang Rai.........????

Is it just the expats complaining about the bad air as I dont hear the Thai people SHOUTING from there roof tops complaining   or do they just shrug there shoulders and think cant do anything about it ?

On 4/6/2020 at 3:25 PM, webfact said:

Villagers are encouraged to be on alert and to inform local officials on any unauthorized burning

Haa Haa haa haa haaaaa.  That's funny.  

All you people who will be out mushroom hunting in June.  Report arsonists!!!  
Haa Haa haa haa haaaaa.