BEWARE of UV, spray tunnels in fighting Covid-19

webfact

BEWARE of UV, spray tunnels in fighting Covid-19

By THE NATION

800_db191f7d22edf8f.jpg?v=1586161398

The World Health Organisation is advising people not to avail of any Covid-19 "sterilising services" using UV or spray tunnels as these will harm the skin and could even cause cancer, Food and Drug Administration deputy secretary-general Supattra Boonserm revealed.

“Most of the antiseptic used in the spray tunnels are those allowed for sterilising surfaces of various materials, not human skin. Use of these services can irritate the skin and eyes,” she explained.

The UV system used in UV tunnels is actually meant for sterilising rooms or gadgets, not humans or their pets, and it could even cause skin cancer, Supattra warned.

She said the easy way to tackle Covid-19 is to clean one’s body and clothes using hot water with temperatures ranging between 70 and 90 degrees Celsius.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385491

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-06
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Hey, it looks cool though. I expect Trump's already got a few of those in his gold palace by the looks of him. lol

There's always one got to bring Trump into it, heres one for you ???? 

image.png.22a03102fdf1c5eba4fa3910b7371df6.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

She said the easy way to tackle Covid-19 is to clean one’s body and clothes using hot water with temperatures ranging between 70 and 90 degrees Celsius.

Yeah, then your hospital visit will be to treat the burns.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are many types of UV's. The only UV that can kill bateria and virus is UVC which is filetered out by the ozone layer above earth. So, on the ground you get UVa and UVB both of which will cause sunburn and possibly skin cancer. However UVC (wavelength of 200 - 280 nano meter) can be generated  using mercury lamp or LED bulb, but it is VERY harmful to human and need special handling with care. It is useful for killing germs but make sure you are not exposed to it. UVC exposure destroys DNA of virus and bacteria. Just imagine what it does to human skin!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adisornc said:

There are many types of UV's. The only UV that can kill bateria and virus is UVC which is filetered out by the ozone layer above earth. So, on the ground you get UVa and UVB both of which will cause sunburn and possibly skin cancer. However UVC (wavelength of 200 - 280 nano meter) can be generated  using mercury lamp or LED bulb, but it is VERY harmful to human and need special handling with care. It is useful for killing germs but make sure you are not exposed to it. UVC exposure destroys DNA of virus and bacteria. Just imagine what it does to human skin!

Maybe the last resoot during period odf cockdown

18 hours ago, kekalot said:

written poorly, I assume but 70 to 90 celcius? between 158 to 194 Fahrenheit

Estimated Times/Temperatures Causing a Full Thickness 3rd degree burn in Adults

<160°F     1 second
<149°F     2 seconds

good times.

I'd say these temperatures are meant to wash clothes and not your body, but you could do as you wish...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, kekalot said:

<160°F     1 second
<149°F     2 seconds

good times.

While "between... to" may be common I think you will find that "between... and" is correct. 

And Fahrenheit is very archaic. Isn't it about time American's caught up with the rest of the world?

This UV idea is insane.

A singapore company has invented a robot that rolls along sterilising office spaces etc 

with UV emitting rods....but there is a strict clause that forbids any humans being around.

It is only used when there is no human presence.

22 hours ago, kekalot said:

<160°F     1 second
<149°F     2 seconds

good times.

I don't trust anything from WHO anymore. They should be defunded and replaced.

Oops, just reread it. The advice came from the FDA of Thailand. I don't trust them either.

Edited by AgMech Cowboy

20 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Hey, it looks cool though. I expect Trump's already got a few of those in his gold palace by the looks of him. lol

20 hours ago, CGW said:

There's always one got to bring Trump into it, heres one for you ???? 

If you put weird orange goop on your face, you should expect a few stares and comments related to your appearance. ????

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, webfact said:

I think I understood something wrong..

Now my skin is all red like a lobster and parts are swelling and swabs falling off !

:crazy:

Surely they only meant this with the clothes.

For your body, skydive trough the ozone layer and you are clean.  *

Cheaper solution: Shower with soap. This breaks the cell and it will wash away.

*  Now I am wondering if this would be an option: You do know those 'health steam cubes' ? Which your body is all enclosed but your head. What if instead of steam a clean oxygen which has passed a ozone generator is blown inside the cube.

While inside this, with some venting holes around your neck allowing this gas shuushing your face. And your head top cleaned with a mild solution of H2O2 (not leave it unless you want go blonde) and then wash with soap.

Yiu guys complaining about the article have terrible comprehension.   It suggests those temperatures for washing clothes.   

But on that subject  I. ISA they suggest setting water heaters  to 120f 49c.  

If it takes such hot water to clean clothes how is hand washing working?

I would think the soap amd  normal warm water in as washing machine  would work.  O just dont trust most official  words

Wear masks, dont wear  masks(because us rich want to hoard them) now wear homemade cloth masks.  Yes trump  is an idiot and is a major reason the USA is #1.  He has blood on his hands.