BOT gives advice on disinfecting cash

snoop1130

14 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I would have thought the easiest way to disinfect notes would be putting them under a UV light for a couple of minutes.

I tried a toaster on a 20 baht note, results were not good.

You mean it f...ked the toaster?    LOL

21 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

No idea where that came from, are you so bored you need to take a swing at whatever comes along?

No I am totally not bored, plenty to do.

However when you said results were not good putting the Bht20 note in the toaster, and I came back with 'You mean it f...ked the toaster?    LOL' the LOL means it is not serious. Then you had to reiterate that 'F...ed the 20 baht note. Toaster's OK.' so obviously did not understand the humour in my comment. Sorry Lacessit, English s o h takes some getting used to, as you will see if you look at some of the posts here with funny? pictures etc. Keep safe and stay at home. 

1 minute ago, stouricks said:

No I am totally not bored, plenty to do.

However when you said results were not good putting the Bht20 note in the toaster, and I came back with 'You mean it f...ked the toaster?    LOL' the LOL means it is not serious. Then you had to reiterate that 'F...ed the 20 baht note. Toaster's OK.' so obviously did not understand the humour in my comment. Sorry Lacessit, English s o h takes some getting used to, as you will see if you look at some of the posts here with funny? pictures etc. Keep safe and stay at home. 

I understand LOL. I was just giving back a bit more detail.

The Australian sense of humor is a bit more laconic than the English version. More deadpan. We can do slapstick as well. You might enjoy this skit, an oldie but a goodie.

Filmed in my home city of Melbourne. Stay well.

2 minutes ago, stouricks said:

How did we get from laundering money to this? The Mixtures 1970.    Very funny.    LOL

No doubt all the mods will tell you I am prone to drifting off topic. Confiteor, peccavi.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Haha 1

On 4/6/2020 at 6:13 PM, samsensam said:

wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds, surely people know this by now?

It is because once they have sold something some Thais kiss every banknotes over fifty Bahts they received ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

No doubt all the mods will tell you I am prone to drifting off topic. Confiteor, peccavi.

Yes it is easy to do..........now about that herd of buffalo you have for sale.............................LOL

21 hours ago, Petekiwi said:

Light the gas burner and hold the notes over then and there’s no more virus ????????????????

and boils the coins of course ????

Now that's a thought , I tried ironing 5B coins and burnt my fingers , from now on 'till post covid I will boil my small change.

On 4/7/2020 at 3:43 AM, Greenside said:

Sometimes I wonder if some people are on the same planet even.  The advice is about notes in circulation - what are you thinking?

I know. What a thicky eh! It's a shame they didn't tweak the virus so that it'd take out all the numpties. Mind you, there'd be nobody to take the pi$$ out of then. :giggle:

Edited by daveAustin

On 4/6/2020 at 5:57 PM, kevin612 said:

I want to use credit card for every transaction, but only the mall or big companies accept the payment. Most of the small businesses accept cash. Difficult for cashless.

Look into PromptPay.  Small shops accept it.  Easy to set up.

On 4/6/2020 at 6:57 AM, kevin612 said:

I want to use credit card for every transaction, but only the mall or big companies accept the payment. Most of the small businesses accept cash. Difficult for cashless.

Money has been shown by many studies to be one of the dirtiest things around because so many people have touched it.  In the USA I use my credit card for everything.  I pay it off and get the cash back.  There have been 3 instances where my card was hacked or stolen in the last three years but the charges were not that big and were easily caught.  Lately citicards system blocked the last attempt last year.  The downside to using the card is it does increase the chance of it being hacked or stolen or used somehow, and then to get a new card you have to wait for snail mail.  That has been a bit of a problem when I was working on the road.  I have one main card that has a high credit limit and I used that to buy my used SUV.  I have two smaller ones that I keep for emergencies and I used now and then just to keep them fresh and viable

On 4/7/2020 at 4:27 PM, Just Weird said:

Which Thai banknotes are plastic?  The 20s, 50s, 100s, 500s and 1,000s aren't, is there a new note in circulation?

Polymer 50 baht notes were introduced in May, 1997 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Rama IX's accession to the throne. It is rare to find them today and I think almost all of them would have been removed from general circulation due to wear and tear.

On 4/6/2020 at 6:35 PM, faraday said:

Did it help the Chinese?

As for describing BOTs recommendation as "Barbaric"...words fail me.

The notes should then be rinsed with water before being gently dabbed with a cloth and placed under the sun to dry........This is what I meant by it...