Jane Fonda: Six decades of lust, controversy and revolution on and off screen

snoop1130

Jane Fonda: Six decades of lust, controversy and revolution on and off screen

By Bessie Yuill

shutterstock-editorial-5857634a.jpg

'An almost feral alertness… like this bright blue attentiveness to everything around her': Jane Fonda in 1969 ( Kobal/Shutterstock )

Last year, Jane Fonda was arrested five times.

As her 82nd birthday approached, the actor was staging weekly climate crisis protests in Washington DC, accompanied by famous friends like Ted Danson and Joaquin Phoenix.

“I may be detained overnight,” she told reporters, as she was once again led away in handcuffs. “One night. Big deal.”

It wasn’t the first time she’d spent a night in jail. 

Full Story: https://www.independent.co.uk/independentpremium/culture/jane-fonda-politics-barbarella-roger-vadim-arrest-tall-story-a9445201.html

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I remember her from Barbarella, breaking the excessive-pleasure machine. Apart from that, can't say she has been particularly memorable. Perhaps NCC whatever has more to share.

Pathetic, isn't it. So cooped up and bored we are talking about an 82 year old.

I remembered Barbarella with affection so I bought the DVD. Unfortunately it has not aged well- it was garbage.

She made 2 good movies, IMO.

• Like 1

When I saw the title of this post had vision of raw meat being tossed into hungry tigers.

Jane was good at playing hookers.... she did get played by North Vietnamese, I think we can agree on that....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pilotman said:

A traitor to her own country during the Vietnam War and a disgrace in the eyes of all who served there.  Her unforgivable actions in Hanoi at the height of the War deserve our utter condemnation.     

A good lady stood up against American aggression.It was a good day when the Vietnamese finally ran them off.

• Like 2

Just now, giddyup said:

Support what, an unnecessary war? You want to talk atrocities, try My Lai.

the pilots who were imprisoned.  Nobody supports the atrocities that happened, they were unforgivable, but the prisoners in Hanoi, the vast majority pilots flying out of Thailand and the Navy ships in the Gulf , still needed support.  if you can't see that, then  i am sorry for you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I feel sorry for the thousands that were killed unnecessarily on both sides, for the use of Agent Orange, for leaving thousands of landmines in Laos and Cambodia to blow off limbs of innocent children and civilians, and the US still hasn't learned it's lesson.

of course; we all do.  Things have moved on from that time and smart weapons are much smarter than ever they were and civilian casualties have been greatly reduced.  The fact is the US and its allies should not have been there in the first place.  However, seeing this stupid cow sitting in an anti aircraft gun in Hanoi was hardly helping  understanding.  She was used, as are all mentally deficient people like her.   

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, giddyup said:

All those US servicemen that were conscripted were used as well.

of course they were, it was ever thus.  Throughout history, the Military have been ill used by the political class and then abandoned after their use was over.  She was one of the architects of that abandonment for US pilots. I am amazed that America ever forgave her, or let her continue to live in the US.    

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

the pilots who were imprisoned.  Nobody supports the atrocities that happened, they were unforgivable, but the prisoners in Hanoi, the vast majority pilots flying out of Thailand and the Navy ships in the Gulf , still needed support.  if you can't see that, then  i am sorry for you. 

One word for you - GitMo

Not so long ago -

• Like 1