After roughing it at Phuket crematorium building, stranded Russian tourists moved to resort

snoop1130

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

That's nice of them.

That’s is nice of them ,,,how ever how do you end up not having money this day and age with the availability of credit cards,world wide instant money transfers etc etc,,,,,friends or family could have money sent with in an hour

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Is that an iphone I see in the left pocket? Couldn't possibly trade in a high-residual phone and get a cheap 2000baht android for "essential communication" (as is usually the excuse for not selling the iphone when begging with postcards or gofundme)

Edited by dsf9
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, taninthai said:

That’s is nice of them ,,,how ever how do you end up not having money this day and age with the availability of credit cards,world wide instant money transfers etc etc,,,,,friends or family could have money sent with in an hour

They look like Backpackers to me.  Living one day to the next, and using hostels and sleeping where they can.  I think there is more to the story that has not been told.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, taninthai said:

Absolutely for sure you can end up without money trapped in the wrong place at the wrong time just ask me but you may need to sit down first????

• Like 2

there use to be a joke about a couple at the crematorium ....  

very hot days in Phuket ...

' did ivan and gert get badly burnt yesterday ......

well they don't fark around at the crematorium

Edited by steven100
  • Haha 1

They were set to leave when their flight was cancelled and were forced to rough it while waiting for their ticket refund and alternate flight home.

Backpackers usually budget their money for the exact duration of their trip with little leftover.  That's how I planned my trip when I backpacked Europe as a teen.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dsf9 said:

Is that an iphone I see in the left pocket? Couldn't possibly trade in a high-residual phone and get a cheap 2000baht android for "essential communication" (as is usually the excuse for not selling the iphone when begging with postcards or gofundme)

Is that shoes on their feet? ????

20 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

They were set to leave when their flight was cancelled and were forced to rough it while waiting for their ticket refund and alternate flight home.

Backpackers usually budget their money for the exact duration of their trip with little leftover.  That's how I planned my trip when I backpacked Europe as a teen.

Back in the 60's when I was a youngster I think it was an British thing work like a dog for 50 weeks a year then go to Benidorm for 2 weeks and blow your brains out and spend every penny you had, I remember getting stranded in Malta flight delay for 14 hours there was people there with young families with no money couldn't even buy a drink, I think then the airlines had no obligation to provide you with anything.