Aviation authority extends ban on flights by another 12 days

snoop1130

4 hours ago, jimmjam said:

Ahhh, yes. Chinese goods. How could i forget. Probably every country in the world is recieving goods from china still.

Australia was on a win situation here China neally bought out all Australia medical supplies and also brought many ship containers of supermarket supplies including toilet paper rolls China will probably offer to sell unused items back to Australia when things cool down, although the virus being a flue is going to be a yearly recurring thing it is not a once only issue

15 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

I would be furious if I was a Thai national abroad, and being shunned out of my motherland like this.

really? so it would be better to let them back in, skip the quarantine and infect you or one of your relatives, how would that work out?

i was supposed to be flying back to athens,greece from kuala lumpur with turkish airlines on april 14th,a schedule which was subsequently put back to april 18th dueto the covid-19 crisis

Looks like i will have to contact turkish airlines again to yet again rearrange yet again

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

really? so it would be better to let them back in, skip the quarantine and infect you or one of your relatives, how would that work out?

Yes, I really would.

You cannot base your decisions for thousands of stranded Thai Nationals, because of one episode the other day in the airport, where people skipped the quarantine.

Probably the shut-down of flights is to let Thai embassies and airline counters abroad make the necessary preparations, so returning Thai nationals actually know that they have to go into government-chosen quarantine.

If you try to close the country and society until the virus is "gone", prepare to stay at home the rest of your life. We are all gonna get the virus at some point

7 minutes ago, rasmus5150 said:

You cannot base your decisions for thousands of stranded Thai Nationals, because of one episode the other day in the airport, where people skipped the quarantine.

how many skipped the quarantine ? how many episodes of skipped quarantine happen ? now multiply that by number of people the ones skipping the quarantine had contact with, on the number you found, were there any relatives of yours?

1 hour ago, ian carman said:

Pretty sure Eva is still flying as no one disembarks at Bangkok .The app says the plane left on time on Sunday 

No one disembarks because they are empty as per this extract from the EVA website :-

Updates on Europe Routes

• Flights between Taipei and Vienna/Amsterdam will be temporarily suspended until the end of April.
  • Flights between Taipei and London
    • Starting from March 21, flight BR68 departing from London, which was originally flying to Taipei with a layover in Bangkok, will be flying directly to Taipei. The departure time remains unchanged at 9:20 pm.
    • Starting from March 22, flight BR67 departing from Taipei will not be carrying passengers for the Taipei–Bangkok segment.
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

I would be furious if I was a Thai national abroad, and being shunned out of my motherland like this.

Well they said Repatriation Flights.

So that is Thais abroad.

Though they have a serious problem with returning Thais bringing the disease back With them. Aren’t there some returnees on the run from the army after disliking the quarantine situation that was forced on them.

I thought the Junta was mainly paranoid about Farangs, with their educated ways and insistence on the right to speak out when the authorities act moronically. 

Edited by Ketyo

2 hours ago, trevoromgh said:

No one disembarks because they are empty as per this extract from the EVA website :-

Updates on Europe Routes

• Flights between Taipei and Vienna/Amsterdam will be temporarily suspended until the end of April.
  • Flights between Taipei and London
    • Starting from March 21, flight BR68 departing from London, which was originally flying to Taipei with a layover in Bangkok, will be flying directly to Taipei. The departure time remains unchanged at 9:20 pm.
    • Starting from March 22, flight BR67 departing from Taipei will not be carrying passengers for the Taipei–Bangkok segment.

I’m not leaving until may so hopefully enough Brits stay here until then so that the flights are full enough to be economically viable 

Obviously the virus has spread wide and far, unstoppable. The World will have to either cower in fear or be brave and learn to live with it. Hopefully China will not give us a new gift in 2021 from their wet markets of cruelly caged animals . This virus not too lethal. 2021 could be a different story. These caged animals may punish us even more in 2021. Unfortunately what comes around,  goes around.  Covid 19 still going strong in Chinq but hospitals are told to state Covid 19 as being flu or pneumonia, from Chinese social media posts which are quickly deleted. Only a fool would think this virus is stoppable. This stealth virus is far too intelligent.  Humans are now giving this virus to tigers,  cats and dogs in the Bronx. 

Edited by Langkawee

I am in USA right now and we gave banned all flights from several countries including Europe. All people were contacted and told they must return by a certain date or be stuck here at their own expense. People were contacted by their airlines. It was widely promoted. I drive Uber and serve all the theme parks and convention centers ( #1 in the world for conventions). My business went from $200 a day for 6 to 8 hours of driving to $50 a week driving 12 hours a day! I have been sitting at home for 2 weeks now as all of the USA are on curfew. The only way to stop Covid19 from spreading is to quarantine people and ban people from entering your country from other infected places. The ban in Thailand is not long enough and should have started weeks ago. The desire not to loose the tourist dollars will wind up killing hundreds or thousands of people. I see people saying Thailand officials are MORONS for banning flights. Truth is they are the morons.

6 hours ago, ian carman said:

I’m not leaving until may so hopefully enough Brits stay here until then so that the flights are full enough to be economically viable 

I don't understand why so many Brits are in a hurry to go back to the UK. It's colder than Thailand, much more grim with greater restrictions of freedom and for most there is no work to go back to anyway. Best to stay here in LOS and relax a bit and use the time constructively. Sure, here in LOS is not as much fun as usual but it could be so much worse. Have you seen the news today? UK had 786 deaths and our Prime Minister in the ICU. Not good. I was due to go back on 4th April but THAI changed my flight to the earliest next date - 2nd June!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HenryC said:

What about expats with families in Thailand who make their primary residence in Thailand - stuck abroad for work and cannot return home? My situation.

Had enough of this country not recongnising people with families in the proper fashion. All the hoops you have to jump thru to get a visa, especially if you are not married. I've got a kid there and have supported the economy for 17 years, invested money etc. Why shouldn't I get a residency permit on the basis I am father of, and supporting a Thai national. Last straw for me.

We should start making Thais in the UK do a border run to France every 90 days.

My situation at the moment also.  Not knowing when I'll be able hold my wife and pester my teens with dad jokes in person and bonding with my 2yr old at a critical time sucks.  However, I have used this opportunity to show my family with the effort of daily video calls showing long hrs of work just how devoted to them I am to them and that all you can do is ride the wave of unexpected change and use it to propel you forward.  I guess I'm more of a "when life gives you lemons, make Limoncello!" kind of guy.  They have enough things to be concerned about, I will not be one of them.

On 4/6/2020 at 2:32 PM, rasmus5150 said:

indeed, it must be awful, but if returning citizens refuse to isolate/quarantine themselves and the authorities are unable to organise/enforce isolation/quarantining it seems, unfortunately, refusing them entry is the logical option.

On 4/7/2020 at 7:23 AM, aprevans said:

But some flights are still leaving. Check Suvarnabhumi website at https://www.bangkokairportonline.com/flight-status-departures/

I suspect what some airlines are doing is running their flights TO Bangkok with no passengers (or only those who fall under the very limited exception scope) but with cargo heavy loads.. then on the return, they’d take passengers OUT of Thailand which the CAAT ban doesn’t impact.    

Given that Incheon and both Narita and Haneda currently don’t ban TRANSIT passengers (and they are historically transit heavy points), this means it’s still possible for people to LEAVE Thailand via either KE (I recall OZ has temporarily canceled all their ICNBKK services through end of April) through ICN, or JL/NH via NRT/HND then connect onward.. obviously what options someone might have as to what “onward” really is, is going to be quite limited right now— but it’s still an onward chance to some degree.