BANGKOK
snoop1130

Aviation authority extends ban on flights by another 12 days

17 hours ago, HenryC said:

What about expats with families in Thailand who make their primary residence in Thailand - stuck abroad for work and cannot return home? My situation.

Had enough of this country not recongnising people with families in the proper fashion. All the hoops you have to jump thru to get a visa, especially if you are not married. I've got a kid there and have supported the economy for 17 years, invested money etc. Why shouldn't I get a residency permit on the basis I am father of, and supporting a Thai national. Last straw for me.

We should start making Thais in the UK do a border run to France every 90 days.

My situation at the moment also.  Not knowing when I'll be able hold my wife and pester my teens with dad jokes in person and bonding with my 2yr old at a critical time sucks.  However, I have used this opportunity to show my family with the effort of daily video calls showing long hrs of work just how devoted to them I am to them and that all you can do is ride the wave of unexpected change and use it to propel you forward.  I guess I'm more of a "when life gives you lemons, make Limoncello!" kind of guy.  They have enough things to be concerned about, I will not be one of them.

Could it be that they are modifying the arrivals area with temperature screening and isolation zones/cells?

On 4/6/2020 at 8:32 PM, rasmus5150 said:

I would be furious if I was a Thai national abroad, and being shunned out of my motherland like this.

Luckily I am not, so I am not furious.     LOL

20 hours ago, Langkawee said:

Humans are now giving this virus to tigers,  cats and dogs in the Bronx. 

That's really not cool, someone should ask them to stop.

On 4/6/2020 at 2:32 PM, rasmus5150 said:

I would be furious if I was a Thai national abroad, and being shunned out of my motherland like this.

indeed, it must be awful, but if returning citizens refuse to isolate/quarantine themselves and the authorities are unable to organise/enforce isolation/quarantining it seems, unfortunately, refusing them entry is the logical option.

I have a valid visa and work permit. Plan to fly from US to Thailand at the end of April.
Can anyone recommend health insurance that shows minimum coverage of 100,000 USd in Thailand and covers Covid19?

On 4/7/2020 at 7:23 AM, aprevans said:

But some flights are still leaving. Check Suvarnabhumi website at https://www.bangkokairportonline.com/flight-status-departures/

I suspect what some airlines are doing is running their flights TO Bangkok with no passengers (or only those who fall under the very limited exception scope) but with cargo heavy loads.. then on the return, they’d take passengers OUT of Thailand which the CAAT ban doesn’t impact.    

Given that Incheon and both Narita and Haneda currently don’t ban TRANSIT passengers (and they are historically transit heavy points), this means it’s still possible for people to LEAVE Thailand via either KE (I recall OZ has temporarily canceled all their ICNBKK services through end of April) through ICN, or JL/NH via NRT/HND then connect onward.. obviously what options someone might have as to what “onward” really is, is going to be quite limited right now— but it’s still an onward chance to some degree.

An inflammatory post has been remove.