Are these new requierements for visa extension?

So i did extend my 60 days Tourist Visa to another 30 days and paid 1900 baht. It was 2 weeks ago in Chaeng Wattana, my 30-day visa extension will end on May 14, 2020 (yes, i am writing this out of concern that thing gets worse). Our flight back home was on May 15, 2020 but all tickets had already been cancelled.

So i was told by one officer that i am eligible to apply for another 60 days visitation permit since i have thai wife and kids here (again, it was 2 weeks ago when everything seemed normal). I had all the necessary documents to immediately get 60-day permit but i will have to discard my 30-day tourist visa extension (i chose 30-day visa extension just in case i couldnt make it out of Thailand in months ahead, i'd still be able to get another 60-day later)

But today i received this photo, latest from Chaeng Wattana regarding Visa extension (i believe some service were already moved to Muangthong Thani).

So as of today, am i still eligible for that extra 60-day visitation permit following the "old" requierements? or must i drag along my land owner all the way to Chaeng Wattana (trust me, she wouldnt like that idea, neither do i like being packed in hundred of foreigners). Letter from embassy is very unlikely to get too.

Immigration.jpeg

if i read it correctly you had a 60 day tourist visa entry followed by a 30 day extension, if so in the last week of you current extension you can apply for a visit Thai wife extension, 1,900 baht

Are you sure that is a list for Bangkok immigration. I have seen no reports of all that being required there.

It looks like the requirements at other offices.

That is only for the 30 day special extension. You will be applying for the standard 60 day extension to visit you wife or children that doesn't require all of those.

Edited by ubonjoe
fixed typo

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you sure that is a list for Bangkok immigration. I have seen no reports of all that being required there.

That is only for the 30 day special extension. You will be applying for the standard 60 day extension to visit you wife or children that doesn't require all of those.

Ubonjoe: Just to clarify "you will be applying for the standard 60 day extension to visit your wife or children that require all of those." Do you mean that the standard 60 day extension does not require all of those? I assume just a typo.

5 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

Ubonjoe: Just to clarify "you will be applying for the standard 60 day extension to visit your wife or children that require all of those." Do you mean that the standard 60 day extension does not require all of those? I assume just a typo.

Sorry it is fixed now. I has been a long day.

• Thanks 1

that sounds like a lot of hoop jumping.

especialy if you have lived in Thailand for years at the same condo for 8yrs.

your adress would be on your 90day report and tm30.

they would have a copy of rental agrement from tm30.

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes it is the new list of requierement for visa extension in Bangkok, thou i am not sure if this is only for Chaeng wattana or muangthong thani temp office,or both.

A friend of mine sent it to me (and pre-warned me) when he was applying for 30 days tourist visa extension. He read on bkkpost that the government was in discussion (or may have come to decision) to waive or ease the application for short term stay visa for foreigners who get stuck in Thailand but his was expiring in few days. Only then he found out about these ridiculous "ease" new list when he arrived at the office. 

I dont think Thai government knows what "ease" mean and i think sharing this absurb list here would help other expats/visitors to be aware of what to prepare before heading to Bkk immigration office.

I hope my 60-day visit wife permission would not require me to drag down my landlord to chaeng wattana. She would rather kick me out of the guest house we currently stay at, than risking her health coming to the worse place of covid-infected area. And letter from embassy is also a no.

1 hour ago, arfandy said:

Yes it is the new list of requierement for visa extension in Bangkok, thou i am not sure if this is only for Chaeng wattana or muangthong thani temp office,or both.

As I wrote if does not apply for the extension you will be applying for.

It is only for the special 30 day extensions that have to be approved at the division level of immigration.

16 hours ago, arfandy said:

But today i received this photo, latest from Chaeng Wattana regarding Visa extension (i believe some service were already moved to Muangthong Thani).

This photo is from Trat immigration office, not Bangkok.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, natway09 said:

I know it is hindsight now but why did you not have a one year marriage visa & subsequent extensions ?

We came here for 90 days visit because my wife wanted to give birth here, we've been living at hospital's guest house for almost 2 months now. Our flight back is dated May 15, 2020 but tickets have been sumittted for full refund. Having one year marriage visa is not needed because we came here once in every other year, or maybe once a year depending on family's request and we wouldnt stay over 30 days.

On 4/6/2020 at 10:35 AM, rodknock said:

that sounds like a lot of hoop jumping.

especialy if you have lived in Thailand for years at the same condo for 8yrs.

your adress would be on your 90day report and tm30.

they would have a copy of rental agrement from tm30.

if someone lived here for 8 years then you're most likely not on a visa but extension of stay, so no issues.