Regular Non Imm O 1 year extension(nothing to do with Covid)

Hi

Just a quicky!!

Has anything changed or been added to the process of applying for a 1 year Non Imm O based on marriage?

400k in the bank 2 months before, pics of house and wife, map, KR2 from Amphur etc etc

I am due soon for my yearly extension at CW.

Nothing to do with Covid!!

Thanks

• Like 1

While you're in the room, Joe, a question about the KR2 from the Amphur. My wife was passing our amphur office and popped in to get one  a few weeks ago (mid March). My extension is due in late May.

How recent must it be? Is one a few months old accepted?

Never had a problem with it all these years. 

I have mine to renew also this month. I usually renew it early about 30 days before although considering Covid-19 Im not all that keen on visiting immigration with my wife who has a pre-existing condition.

Does anyone know what is the latest lead time one can attend for renewing an extension?

Is it 1 week before the extension expiry date that is recommended to allow for any potential issues?

I am going for renew ( kor ror 2 ) but said amphoe closed and can not take a new kor ror 2 ! 
so immigration said no problem for using old one ,, 

mine have paper  for 4 years ago !! 

Edited by mehrdad

On 4/6/2020 at 2:13 PM, Cuchulainn said:

Thanks Joe.

What time do the doors open at CW these days?  Is it still 08.30?

On 26th March I was at CW at 05:15am. Doors to building opened at 05:50am. Doors to Immigration opened at 06:30am. I had queue ticket for "L" section timed 06:43am and was finished with the IO by 07:00am - but had to go directly back later once I had bank statement after the bank opened. 

Thanks Eddy.

Was getting a bank letter a few hours after application the norm do you know, or just a lenient, sensible officer?

Im thinking of going to my local branch for a letter the day before application and hope that would be ok. The bank book would be updated on day of application (withdraw B100 from the atm) but the 2 figures wouldnt tally

As for 40K THB a month needed for the 1 year marriage extension, the other option being putting 400k in the bank for 2 months (as the OP is) prior to applying, they only want to see the latest two months with a sum of at least 40K deposited into my bank?

Edited by Solinvictus

7 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

As for 40K THB a month needed for the 1 year marriage extension, the other option being putting 400k in the bank for 2 months (as the OP is) prior to applying, they only want to see the latest two months with a sum of at least 40K deposited into my bank?

Can I ask if you're using Transferwise? Bangkok Bank and Transferwise can't see to solve this 40k a month in MY account issue for me 

I'm a New Member & today got my Application for a Marriage Visa Extendsion approved in Tha Yang (near Cha Am). It only took 4 visits & a number of changes from what they told me they wanted to what they actually accepted. Here is the list. Hope it is of use.

By the way, the Tha Yang Office now has a system in place to keep people in line & at a physically acceptable distance. Very impressed.

Visa-Docs_Tha-Yang.pdf

Edited by Lapun
  • Like 1

Will Chaeng Wattana do a house inspection for the first 1-year non-O extension for marriage?  I got my 90-day non-O late Feb and they did the house visit.  Will they come again in May for the 1-year extension?

27 minutes ago, USNret said:

Will Chaeng Wattana do a house inspection for the first 1-year non-O extension for marriage?  I got my 90-day non-O late Feb and they did the house visit.  Will they come again in May for the 1-year extension?

I don't think they will do a 2nd one when you apply for the extension since they did one when you applied for the visa.

They will tell you when you do the application.

30 minutes ago, USNret said:

CW only sent officer to me for a house visit on changing from Tourist Visa to Non-O. They have not visied on either of my 1yr extensions (although I am on Retirement not marriage I beleive it's same but best to ask them). 

Edited by soi3eddie

On 4/7/2020 at 8:28 AM, ubonjoe said:

I varies from office to office. Some say 30 days and others as much as 6 months.

What is the Kor Ror 2? I have one in my files but I had no idea you needed a recent one when applying for a 1 year extension. Which requires a trip to the Amphoe. Which is more exposure. 

1 hour ago, Mama Noodle said:

What is the Kor Ror 2? I have one in my files but I had no idea you needed a recent one when applying for a 1 year extension. Which requires a trip to the Amphoe. Which is more exposure. 

It is the registry done by the Amphoe where you registered your marriage. What is needed is a recent print out of it that can be done at any Amphoe for a fee of 20 baht. Your wife can request it by showing her ID card.

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is the registry done by the Amphoe where you registered your marriage. What is needed is a recent print out of it that can be done at any Amphoe for a fee of 20 baht. Your wife can request it by showing her ID card.

Im assuming that the need to have a 'recent' printout is to prove that we are still married and that nothing has changed since we got the marriage certificate?

22 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Im assuming that the need to have a 'recent' printout is to prove that we are still married and that nothing has changed since we got the marriage certificate?

That is what it is for.

• Thanks 1