BANGKOK
Cuchulainn

Regular Non Imm O 1 year extension(nothing to do with Covid)

Hi

Just a quicky!!

Has anything changed or been added to the process of applying for a 1 year Non Imm O based on marriage?

400k in the bank 2 months before, pics of house and wife, map, KR2 from Amphur etc etc

I am due soon for my yearly extension at CW.

Nothing to do with Covid!!

Thanks

• Like 1

No changes due to covid 19.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Joe.

What time do the doors open at CW these days?  Is it still 08.30?

• Like 1

The have been opening at 7:00 according to recent posts.

• Like 1

While you're in the room, Joe, a question about the KR2 from the Amphur. My wife was passing our amphur office and popped in to get one  a few weeks ago (mid March). My extension is due in late May.

How recent must it be? Is one a few months old accepted?

Never had a problem with it all these years. 

10 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

How recent must it be?

I varies from office to office. Some say 30 days and others as much as 6 months.

Ok thanks again.

Anyone at CW been refused due to a dated KR2?

I have mine to renew also this month. I usually renew it early about 30 days before although considering Covid-19 Im not all that keen on visiting immigration with my wife who has a pre-existing condition.

Does anyone know what is the latest lead time one can attend for renewing an extension?

Is it 1 week before the extension expiry date that is recommended to allow for any potential issues?

18 minutes ago, NightSky said:

Is it 1 week before the extension expiry date that is recommended to allow for any potential issues?

I normally recommend 2 weeks but one week is enough.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I am going for renew ( kor ror 2 ) but said amphoe closed and can not take a new kor ror 2 ! 
so immigration said no problem for using old one ,, 

mine have paper  for 4 years ago !! 

Edited by mehrdad

On 4/6/2020 at 2:13 PM, Cuchulainn said:

Thanks Joe.

What time do the doors open at CW these days?  Is it still 08.30?

On 26th March I was at CW at 05:15am. Doors to building opened at 05:50am. Doors to Immigration opened at 06:30am. I had queue ticket for "L" section timed 06:43am and was finished with the IO by 07:00am - but had to go directly back later once I had bank statement after the bank opened. 

Thanks Eddy.

Was getting a bank letter a few hours after application the norm do you know, or just a lenient, sensible officer?

Im thinking of going to my local branch for a letter the day before application and hope that would be ok. The bank book would be updated on day of application (withdraw B100 from the atm) but the 2 figures wouldnt tally

Posted (edited)

As for 40K THB a month needed for the 1 year marriage extension, the other option being putting 400k in the bank for 2 months (as the OP is) prior to applying, they only want to see the latest two months with a sum of at least 40K deposited into my bank?

Edited by Solinvictus

7 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

As for 40K THB a month needed for the 1 year marriage extension, the other option being putting 400k in the bank for 2 months (as the OP is) prior to applying, they only want to see the latest two months with a sum of at least 40K deposited into my bank?

Can I ask if you're using Transferwise? Bangkok Bank and Transferwise can't see to solve this 40k a month in MY account issue for me