BANGKOK
Thaivisa Web Content Team

Coronavirus outbreak spurs record Bible purchases: ‘People are looking for hope’

With uncertainty amid the coronavirus pandemic and many people holed up in their homes, people are ordering books online, especially the Good Book, according to sales from top Christian publishers.

While the vast majority of Americans own Bibles, a large percentage say they never read it.

But that could be changing.

Alabaster Co., a small business in California that sells books of the Bible for the Instagram generation, saw an increase of 143 percent compared to last year.

"In this life-altering and unprecedented pandemic, people are looking for hope and restoration," Brian Chung, co-founder and business director of Alabaster Co., told Fox News.

"Even amidst suffering and financial hardship we've continued to see people engage with Alabaster by utilizing our free resources and purchasing Bibles as encouraging gifts for loved ones," he added. "We believe people are buying Bibles because there’s a longing to connect with God, find meaning, and experience peace."

In an effort to give back, Alabaster is donating 100 percent of proceeds from one of their books to those on the front lines fighting the coronavirus, and like other small businesses, they are facing uncertainty.

LifeWay Christian Resources also saw an increase of 62 percent last week compared to the previous year.

"We believe this is no accident, as people often go to the Bible as a source of hope in times of crisis and uncertainty," said Ben Mandrell, LifeWay CEO. "People draw hope from Scripture because in it they see a God who is with us during our suffering."

Full article

• Sad 3

" the good book"

Give me a break, caused so may death, torture, wars and a helped the institutions to get away with their pedophilia.

• Like 1

It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads,

so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.
  • Confused 1

Exodus 9:14

For I will at this time send all my plagues upon thine heart, and upon thy servants, and upon thy people; that thou mayest know that [there is] none like me in all the earth.

Leviticus 26:21

And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins.

Deuteronomy 28:59

Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, [even] great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance.

• Confused 2

Did you mean the Kama Sutra?  It is good bible I recommend.

• Haha 1

Ah, the missionary position against a virus.

A book written by man, to install fear and control over man.

Great read.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Thaivisa Web Content Team said:

Alabaster Co., a small business in California that sells books of the Bible for the Instagram generation,

also available on yo' smartphone .. just don't forget the charger ..

53 minutes ago, Thaivisa Web Content Team said:

"We believe this is no accident, as people often go to the Bible as a source of hope in times of crisis and uncertainty,"

for those of a nervous disposition best not be reading about the Seven Bowls in the Book of Revelation 16 then .. 

IMG_20200406_161944.jpg

easier to find bibles that bog paper ?

• Haha 1

Just so long as it's not the King James. Infidels.

36 minutes ago, surangw said:

easier to find bibles that bog paper ?

well I might as well go out and buy bibles because I can't find any loo paper.

6 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

" the good book"

Give me a break, caused so may death, torture, wars and a helped the institutions to get away with their pedophilia.

The words of the Bible do not promote human wickedness...

• Like 1