Petition calling for resignation of WHO Director-General nears 720k signatures

NCC1701A

54 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

You can scroll to the bottom of the page to change the language.

Thanks. Roadrunner has signed. Judging by the rapidly increasing number of petitioners, he will not be in his job much longer. Change.org.... very useful site...

Now who else can we petition to get rid of? I am getting naughty ideas, this do present mind boggling possibilities.

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Like 1

Ok I'll post it.

"The main point of contention was the failure of Tedros to designate the coronavirus outbreak in China as a global health emergency in late January"

It's actually far worse than that, bullying countries into lockdowns  causing an economic catastrophe and deaths

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Ok I'll post it.

"The main point of contention was the failure of Tedros to designate the coronavirus outbreak in China as a global health emergency in late January"

It's actually far worse than that, bullying countries into lockdowns  causing an economic catastrophe and deaths

Is "global health emergency" the same as "pandemic"?

Do people really think that the Chinese government would really allow ANY WHO head to independently investigate the Chinese government claims? I'm really asking this sincerely. Why would the WHO have that kind of power over a sovereign nation that happens to be an extreme authoritarian one party dictatorship?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Do people really think that the Chinese government would really allow ANY WHO head to independently investigate the Chinese government claims? I'm really asking this sincerely. Why would the WHO have that kind of power over a sovereign nation that happens to be an extreme authoritarian one party dictatorship?

Never.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Chrysaora said:

He is a Somali and a member of the Maoist Party in Somalia. 

No he isn't. Wrong on the most basic of facts.

Seems like a scapegoat to me. A figurehead for an organization that has very little power when it comes to things like this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

WHO representatives were given access to Chinese institutions managing the outbreak and field visits. What level of cover-up who knows, but the extensive report on the findings is below...

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/who-china-joint-mission-on-covid-19-final-report.pdf