BANGKOK
webfact

PM Johnson moved to intensive care as COVID-19 symptoms worsen

An off topic post trolling about the significance of another member's avatar has been removed. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

All of the Brits that politically adhere to PM Johnson's downplay of the virus might might want to review their level of gullibility when it comes to the government...

Or is just a social group to fit too? NHS - 💀💀

The virus is real. It's times like these we can really see the true face of those in public offices.

I think most Brits will finally realise what is going on. The past weekend the parks were filled with people not giving a flying toss about the virus. This has the potential to turn into an existential issue, but I really hope Boris recovers.

• Like 1

Please get well soon, Boris.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm wondering how Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe is reacting to Johnsons plight sitting in her Iranian cell

• Like 1

Just to give you some stats in order to provide a view on the typical oxygen support for Covid-19 patients.

Out of ALL patients admitted to hospital, 100% have some level of pneumonia, typically bilateral. 66% of all patients receive oxygen via a cannula (nasal). 24% receive oxygen via a non invasive method (CPAP). 5% of admitted patients will be intubated and put on a ventilator.

According to the information that has been released, Boris currently belong to the 24% that receives oxygen via a mask (CPAP).

3 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Hopefully precautionary. All the best, Boris. :sad:

Nothing precautionary about it. You only go into ICU if your life is in danger. 

Hope he makes it through. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, samran said:

Nothing precautionary about it. You only go into ICU if your life is in danger. 

Incorrect. The actual criteria for referral to ICU doesn't have anything to do with whether your life is in danger. In fact, you should be referred to ICU well before that.

2 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

For those who think that being age 55 means he'll be fine ...

It is not one's age that dictates the likely outcome. What counts is the underlying health issues if any, issues that tend to increase with age (blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, lung problems, overweight). Even then, it's a matter of 'more' or 'less' likely. There is no certainty in any of this, for anyone. 

Actually, age is the overriding factor in deaths. But that risk is compounded by various pre-existing conditions and lessened by the lack of them:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, bannork said:

According to James Gallagher: Not every patient in intensive care is ventilated, but around two-thirds are within 24 hours of admission with Covid-19.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52192604

There are a couple of papers available. I would assume James Gallagher is referring to the one from Holborn which shows that 98 of 165 patients admitted to ICU were ventilated. I haven't read that one myself, so if you have a link I'd be grateful.

Edited by Forethat