PM Johnson moved to intensive care as COVID-19 symptoms worsen

webfact

9 hours ago, gargamon said:

You clearly don't understand numbers, do you? You don't average the total count by the number of days to get a number usable for anything. 100 days ago there were 0 deaths per day. Today 854 people died, and that number is increasing exponentially every day. Do I need to explain to you what exponentially means too?

Do you understand what 1% mortality means?

11 hours ago, gargamon said:

You clearly don't understand numbers, do you? You don't average the total count by the number of days to get a number usable for anything. 100 days ago there were 0 deaths per day. Today 854 people died, and that number is increasing exponentially every day. Do I need to explain to you what exponentially means too?

Clearly you need it explained to you because zero times any exponential function is still zero. So it must have been polynomial at some point.

How do you know it is increasing exponentially now? Do you have access to the raw data, or are you simply repeating what you have heard?  When did the exponential knee kick in because it couldn't have gotten there from zero? Assuming you do have the data, can you tell us the base of the exponential? Just the doubling time would be fine. We can calculate it from there.

I may sound flippant, but I am being serious. I have tried to fit real data to these models, and most of the time I can't. Mostly because I just don't have the real data, but I think it is only prudent to point out that if I can't find the data, you probably can't either. So we need to be careful about the rumors we repeat.

Nobody knows anything for sure. We are all relying on the "experts". And I hope I don't have to tell you that "experts" have an agenda just like the rest of us.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Monomial said:

Clearly you need it explained to you because zero times any exponential function is still zero. So it must have been polynomial at some point.

How do you know it is increasing exponentially now? Do you have access to the raw data, or are you simply repeating what you have heard?  When did the exponential knee kick in because it couldn't have gotten there from zero? Assuming you do have the data, can you tell us the base of the exponential? Just the doubling time would be fine. We can calculate it from there.

I may sound flippant, but I am being serious. I have tried to fit real data to these models, and most of the time I can't. Mostly because I just don't have the real data, but I think it is only prudent to point out that if I can't find the data, you probably can't either. So we need to be careful about the rumors we repeat.

Nobody knows anything for sure. We are all relying on the "experts". And I hope I don't have to tell you that "experts" have an agenda just like the rest of us.

854 deaths yesterday, 938 today(Wednesday I think). You need more than that to show the numbers are going the wrong way?

On 4/8/2020 at 2:17 AM, sirineou said:

if he is the best you guys  have produced since 1955.........................

No, the best PM we had was Margaret Thatcher.

She would have had great fun with Labour under Jeremy Corbyn.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, gargamon said:

854 deaths yesterday, 938 today(Wednesday I think). You need more than that to show the numbers are going the wrong way?

At issue is whether or not the SIR models are correct. Not whether people are dying, which is obvious. People always die. Keep in mind that serious harm is being inflicted on people due to this lockdown. Millions are going to have their lives ruined. The fallout from this lockdown is also going to result in huge numbers of deaths that wouldn't have occurred otherwise.

This requires more than just saying "the numbers are going in the wrong way."  It requires a detailed and verified model showing that what we are doing now is really worth it and the only possible solution.  Right now, all I can find is a bunch of suspect data and secrecy, along with a plea to listen to the "experts".

But that isn't science. As Richard Feynman famously quoted "Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts." That sentence says so much so eloquently.

If I can't independently confirm what is being reported, then how do I know it is real? With something this important, full disclosure is the only acceptable path forward. And we are not getting that from anyone in authority right now.

Just because people are dying does not mean this is justified.

• Thanks 1

I'm glad to hear Boris is out of the hospital- and still has that awesome 'do. Now... I wonder if we'll be hearing the specifics of his treatment. That would be interesting to know.  I suspect that if it included hydroxychloroquine, there will be a blackout.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/6/2020 at 10:58 PM, donnacha said:

Your trust in the official narrative, despite it changing every day, is touching.

So, what are you going to do tomorrow, when they reveal that, yes, he is on a ventilator?

Are you going to return to this thread and apologize, profusely, for failing to absorb what I have been saying clearly and repeatedly: that the news is being managed by drip-feeding a few details at a time, but that we can already logically deduce what is happening.

Of course you won't. You will disappear and pretend you never took the ridiculous position you are now so vehemently defending.

I suspect (I could be wrong) that YOU are the one who will disappear and pretend YOU never took the ridiculous position you so vehemently defended.

Small advice: next time, publish and share information that you KNOW to be true, instead of picking fights with someone who works in a government organisation and have first hand information.

Humble Pie time...don't you think?

@Opl

@TopDeadSenter

@Logosone

5 minutes ago, Forethat said:

I suspect (I could be wrong) that YOU are the one who will disappear and pretend YOU never took the ridiculous position you so vehemently defended.

Small advice: next time, publish and share information that you KNOW to be true, instead of picking fights with someone who works in a government organisation and have first hand information.

Humble Pie time...don't you think?

@Opl

@TopDeadSenter

@Logosone

any reason why you highlighted my name after your rant? I do not even remember having posted in this topic. Thank you.