Special Report: Doctors embrace drug touted by Trump for COVID-19, without hard evidence it works

webfact

1 minute ago, Chiphigh said:

It has been through 3 different trials, it has worked well for over 98 percent of patients. 

The stupidity of not using it to treat patients that are at risk of going into severe respiratory problems is also clear. 

I know you want the panic to continue, but common sense will prevail.

Perhaps so for mild cases, but not clinically proven across all scenarios. Again why are denying the current status evidence from medical experts - seems daft to me.

Your highlighted comment is ridiculous - again exactly the same as trump's nonsensical attacks against those who disagree with him.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, atyclb said:

the overwhelming majority imo 99.9 % of health care providers treating covid 19 around the world are NOT doing it because trump touted it. trump just touted what the medical community was already doing.

is that concept too difficult for you?

I known you've claimed you're a qualified medical practitioner so interested to hear from you who is claiming 99.9% of doctors w/w are using Hydroxychloroquine for treatment of Covid-19. 

Dr Anthony Fauci, the country’s top infectious disease doctor, has repeatedly warned that there is no conclusive evidence to support using the drug. Asked whether it should be considered a treatment for Covid-19, he said on 24 March: “The answer is no.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/06/hydroxychloroquine-trump-coronavirus-drug

President Donald Trump and his administration kept up their out-sized promotion Monday of an anti-malaria drug not yet officially approved for fighting the new coronavirus, even though scientists say more testing is needed before it’s proven safe and effective against COVID-19.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/debate-heats-anti-malaria-drug-covid-19-69997268

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, atyclb said:

#hint.  worldwide communicable disease pandemic threatening hundreds of millions that can result in significant morbidity and or death

#hint.  majority (or numerous) countries in the world have zero doctor prescription requirement.

hint#. you should write yourself a "living will" that specifies you refuse any of those non completed clinical trial drugs. that way when you intubated and paralyzed on a respirator you need not worry.

I’ll tell you what I’ll do, I’ll follow the advice of flesh and blood medical professionals who I consult with face to face, I’ll skip the advice of strangers on the internet and I’ll not be stockpiling prescription medicines, let alone doing so then posting photos of my ‘private pharmacy’ online.

I also took the precaution of confirming my and my family’s medical insurance covers testing for and treatment of this disease and then confirmed which of the private hospitals near me accept patients with this disease and too accept our insurance.

You might want to do likewise.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RANGER55 said:

No, he does not, this came from Morning Joe on MSNBC with no, no facts to back it up. You can’t get the drug without a doctor’s prescription.

No, it came from the NYT and they named names. 

Right now the not unexpected denials are being made, but the news hounds are on it. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-malaria-drug.html

------

A number of TVF members have posted accounts of their purchases of these medicines, providing directions and maps to pharmacies that are selling these medicines and in some cases posting photos of their personal stock of these medicines. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, atyclb said:

your reply in of itself is reasonable but in the context of replying to the items/issues i listed is bizarre and avoids what i listed.

surely if you search online can find some face to face doctors that are warped leftist trump haters willing to capitalize on seeing similar belief  patients happy to not receive the currently worldwide used drugs.

there is an ever growing international body of evidence that the drugs are helping covid 19 patients granted there are no multiyear double blind randomized peer reviewed studies

and you are very welcome to use that criteria to refuse those drugs.

That jumbled mess doesn't make any sense. 

Why would I search on line for a doctor to tell me anything? I have catogorically stated I will only seek advice from flesh and blood doctors who I consult face to face. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A number of TVF members have posted accounts of their purchases of these medicines, providing directions and maps to pharmacies that are selling these medicines and in some cases posting photos of their personal stock of these medicines. 

hint;  many medicines are legally available without a prescription in thailand and many other countries.

hint; what they decided to do was based upon the consensus from thousands of doctors worldwide that are treating covid 19 patients

doctors themselves are advocating same for themselves and family members.

enjoy your antithetical critical thinking

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:
17 minutes ago, atyclb said:

your reply in of itself is reasonable but in the context of replying to the items/issues i listed is bizarre and avoids what i listed.

surely if you search online can find some face to face doctors that are warped leftist trump haters willing to capitalize on seeing similar belief  patients happy to not receive the currently worldwide used drugs.

there is an ever growing international body of evidence that the drugs are helping covid 19 patients granted there are no multiyear double blind randomized peer reviewed studies

and you are very welcome to use that criteria to refuse those drugs.

That jumbled mess doesn't make any sense. 

Why would I search on line for a doctor to tell me anything? I have catogorically stated I will only seek advice from flesh and blood doctors who I consult face to face.

if there is such a thing as "intellectual rape" i am a victim

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, allen303 said:

As was stated, it came from Morning Joe on MSNBC. He stated (we need to look at Trumps connection to this drug and follow the money). I have seen the clip numerous times on the news. This is in reference to Trump making money off the drug.

As for TVM buying this drug. Not in the US, maybe here in Thailand but I would bet not. If some store is selling it here in Thailand over the counter please give us the location and name. But other countries are not relevant to this couple who is located in the US. You can post pictures where you are buying Meth to, but not legal. Again, very slowwwwly, in the US it has to come from a doctor. You can go to any pet story and buy what they took, has nothing to do with the drug for malaria we are talking about.

I assure you, members on this forum have posted accounts of buying these medicines in Thailand, and have posted pictures/directions to where they bought them. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, atyclb said:

hint;  many medicines are legally available without a prescription in thailand and many other countries.

hint; what they decided to do was based upon the consensus from thousands of doctors worldwide that are treating covid 19 patients

doctors themselves are advocating same for themselves and family members.

enjoy your antithetical critical thinking

Your first 'Hint', yes I know, but then are these particular medicines amongst those or are you speaking without knowing. 

Your second 'Hint'. I'm not at all sure on what basis you claim 'what they decided to do...'? Perhaps you can provide us with the evidence to back up your statement. 

I'm not at all sure what doctors are doing, and I'm not inclined to accept your word or that of any other stranger on the internet. 

• Haha 2