Special Report: Doctors embrace drug touted by Trump for COVID-19, without hard evidence it works

webfact

7 minutes ago, rabas said:

I read it before I made my comment, it is all main stream media rubbish. I posted my comment because it is clear many people blindly accept such rubbish without digging deeper to check what the real truth is.

In any public forum scientific or otherwise it is your burden to explain your position and to justify it.

I presented access for members, I have no obligation whatsoever to articulate my position on the content. However, just for you in this instance, I will do so when you clearly articulate the factual reasons for the content which in your opinion you declare is 'rubbish'.

Edited by simple1
  • Haha 2

I think trump is a ....   but discarding the drug, that has been tested by some experts in large numbers, with no deaths (except the dumb people that drink the fish tank cleaner) and recovered in 6 days, with a 20$ dollar drug,  just because big pharma needs to make 400 BILLION us$ for a forced vaccine, is dumber than trump 

59 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

Does a phony narrative warrant the effort you choose not to research the validity of? 

Please enlighten me what content provided in the links is 'phony'. I do suspect you will just respond with unproven conspiracy theories, so I'll be pleasantly surprised to read your coherent reply.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Despite claims to the contrary in this thread, the medical community is divided about the effectiveness.

In a situation like that it should be left to the medical team and patient to together decide what to do, any person in a position of authority should stay away from that.

• Haha 1

It has been reported  in some cases ,that people have felt a positive response, If the drug saves one life it gives hope!

"When asked by the Free Press if she thinks Trump may have saved her life, Whitsett said, "Yes, I do" and "I do thank him for that."

Whitsett said she began taking the drug, prescribed by her doctor, on March 31 after she and her husband sought treatment for symptoms on March 18. 

She said that “less than two hours” after taking hydroxychloroquine, she began to feel relief".

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/491612-democratic-state-rep-thanks-trump-and-hydroxychloroquine-for-recovery

Edited by riclag
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, riclag said:

It has been reported  in some cases ,that people have felt a positive response, If the drug saves one life it gives hope!

"When asked by the Free Press if she thinks Trump may have saved her life, Whitsett said, "Yes, I do" and "I do thank him for that."

Whitsett said she began taking the drug, prescribed by her doctor, on March 31 after she and her husband sought treatment for symptoms on March 18. 

She said that “less than two hours” after taking hydroxychloroquine, she began to feel relief".

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/491612-democratic-state-rep-thanks-trump-and-hydroxychloroquine-for-recovery

I looked up the story, see below, it does appear the two drug regime in her instance was a successful outcome though no mention if any other drugs were or not being taken at the time. Of course it doesn't mean the treatment is suitable for all cases / people. The person in this story had previously been treated with hydroxychloroquine for another condition. I don't comprehend why she is thanking trump as it's obviously generally available for emergency use for Covid by the FDA. One hopes clinical trails of the drug combo are successful and authorised for general use for Covid, with specific risk / interactions statistics identified to guide the medical profession and patients

https://www.abc12.com/content/news/Democratic-state-rep-explains-why-she-opted-for-unproven-COVID-19-treatment-not-hospital-569461601.html

Edited by simple1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, atyclb said:

the medical community that is actually treating patients with c 19 is hardly divided. their c 19 treatment algorithms already include Hydroxychlorquine as i have posted already including harvard uni mass general hospital.

though i respect dr fauci a lot he is an advisor and not to my knowledge treating patients.  he may say conclusive evidence from controlled studies is not in but by the same token he is not saying "do not use it"

imo and experience usually the non clinical researchers that stay in lab all day has a high % sticking to the controlled trial dogma, which is fine, but is not a shared sentiment among the front line care providers that need weapons and not academic theorem.

below is yale uni medical school c 19 treatment protocol snippet.

full version. https://medicine.yale.edu/intmed/COVID-19 TREATMENT ADULT Algorithm 4.3.20_382832_5_v2.pdf

i included an additional image to lighten everyones day. thank you leonardo

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 20.17.58.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 20.18.59.png

mona lisa mask.jpeg

Many words, but none that support your own claim in the first sentence.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, atyclb said:

you are the "glass is half empty person" whereas the dem politician and her husband are 'glass is half full" people

and if i may add, professor, you may wish to contact the numerous hospitals and medical schools globally treating c 19 and share your wisdom

begin with harvard as i am sure they welcome your expertise/input

I am not a medical professional, never claimed to be, just posting opinion based upon a mainstream media article. In any case not as you put it a half glass empty response post by me. It was a post wishing well for the future officially endorsed solution for the treatment of Covid-19. Unless you misunderstood my intent. sadly your reply above is a nasty sarcastic personal attack.

Edited by simple1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, simple1 said:
40 minutes ago, atyclb said:

you are the "glass is half empty person" whereas the dem politician and her husband are 'glass is half full" people

and if i may add, professor, you may wish to contact the numerous hospitals and medical schools globally treating c 19 and share your wisdom

I am not a medical professional, never claimed to be, just posting opinion based upon a mainstream media article. In any case not as you put it a half glass empty response post by me. It was a post wishing well for the future officially endorsed solution for the treatment of Covid-19. Unless you misunderstood my intent. sadly your reply above is a nasty sarcastic personal attack.

please, a grain of salt.   i also included leonardos mona lisa wearing a mask

lighten up, dont take it as if it is the end of the world or personal attack

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, stevenl said:
1 hour ago, atyclb said:

the medical community that is actually treating patients with c 19 is hardly divided. their c 19 treatment algorithms already include Hydroxychlorquine as i have posted already including harvard uni mass general hospital.

though i respect dr fauci a lot he is an advisor and not to my knowledge treating patients.  he may say conclusive evidence from controlled studies is not in but by the same token he is not saying "do not use it"

imo and experience usually the non clinical researchers that stay in lab all day has a high % sticking to the controlled trial dogma, which is fine, but is not a shared sentiment among the front line care providers that need weapons and not academic theorem.

below is yale uni medical school c 19 treatment protocol snippet.

full version. https://medicine.yale.edu/intmed/COVID-19 TREATMENT ADULT Algorithm 4.3.20_382832_5_v2.pdf

i included an additional image to lighten everyones day. thank you leonardo

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 20.17.58.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 20.18.59.png

mona lisa mask.jpeg

Many words, but none that support your own claim in the first sentence.

extrapolation my dear watson

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, simple1 said:
2 hours ago, atyclb said:

let me say sir william was a very wise man

william osler.jpg

13 minutes ago, simple1 said:
1 hour ago, atyclb said:

that is completely unacceptable.  please post links to the death threats

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/01/politics/anthony-fauci-security-detail/index.html

"The source added the stepped up visible police presence was a response to growing threats to Fauci's safety, though the source of the threats was not identified."

unacceptable. i hope they identify the source(s) of threats and take appropriate action

9 minutes ago, atyclb said:

"The source added the stepped up visible police presence was a response to growing threats to Fauci's safety, though the source of the threats was not identified."

unacceptable. i hope they identify the source(s) of threats and take appropriate action

Not sure what you're implying by 'unacceptable'. Are you saying you don't believe trump supporter/s are behind the treats 'cause there certainly are some truly fanatical trump 'defenders' out there.  Do agree security needs to quickly identify and bring to the Courts these people, whoever they are.

Edited by simple1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:
10 minutes ago, atyclb said:

Not sure what you're implying by 'unacceptable'. Are you saying you don't believe trump supporter/s are behind the treats 'cause there certainly are some truly fanatical trump 'defenders' out there.

Edited just now by simple1

the act of threatening dr fauci is unacceptable regardless of origin.

as the article you so graciously linked stated  "the source of the threats was not identified." why would i believe or disbelieve trump supporters are behind the threats?  because per the article the source is unknown

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, atyclb said:

let me say sir william was a very wise man

william osler.jpg

This is a very good reminder that back then the purpose of a doctor was to educate his patients, not prescribe. He was a consultant, not an authority. Our health was our responsibility, and he was there as a guide.

How far our medical system has fallen today.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Monomial said:

This is a very good reminder that back then the purpose of a doctor was to educate his patients, not prescribe. He was a consultant, not an authority. Our health was our responsibility, and he was there as a guide.

How far our medical system has fallen today.

very true and also the the best medicine is no medicine unless you actually need it.

5 hours ago, atyclb said:

the act of threatening dr fauci is unacceptable regardless of origin.

as the article you so graciously linked stated  "the source of the threats was not identified." why would i believe or disbelieve trump supporters are behind the threats?  because per the article the source is unknown

That's the kind of problems which may arise when an issue which should have remained a scientic debate between health professional is used for political propaganda. Fauci contradicted Trump's statements on several occasions, including this one, thus preventing Trump from looking better than he really is.

Some people may be angry at Fauci for other reasons, but it's unlikely.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, justin case said:

I think trump is a ....   but discarding the drug, that has been tested by some experts in large numbers, with no deaths (except the dumb people that drink the fish tank cleaner) and recovered in 6 days, with a 20$ dollar drug,  just because big pharma needs to make 400 BILLION us$ for a forced vaccine, is dumber than trump 

I totally understand where you are coming from. The drug has been in use for 65 years, is even prescribed to pregnant women. From what I've seen, there are mixed results in limited trial. OF COURSE we need to give this a whirl. I honestly don't understand why someone would make a case to NOT move forward with additional treatments and trials.

• Like 2