BANGKOK
parafareno

One thing that is confusing to me about COvid19

In china there were so many infected....so many deaths...and now suddenly is gone....they opened everything up etc.....this looks impossible!! there are millions of people there, the virus spreads super quick and easy so how could they get rid of it, so they are opening up the borders? Can somebody explain.....??

I have the same question for all the other 'plagues' that have befallen us, starting with Sars-1 back in 2002.

How come they disappeared never to be heard of again?

There are no cures or vaccines for most of them Sars-1, MERS, h1n1, Ebola etc etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Vigilante said:

I have the same question for all the other 'plagues' that have befallen us, starting with Sars-1 back in 2002.

How come they disappeared never to be heard of again?

There are no cures or vaccines for most of them Sars-1, MERS, h1n1, Ebola etc etc

incompetent press agent? get taken out of the news cycle like Stormy Daniels or Rudy? 

Seriously, all in the wording, - - ?? Plagues don't disappear... like black plague etc.. 

• Like 1

Lets not forget, these viruses mutate aswell. This covid virus has already mutated 8 times already i believe.

So it will probably end up having a name change eventually as it is not in its original form.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

China are still experiencing new outbreaks, but I suspect there will be a measure of herd immunity at play, together with social distancing and better hand cleaning. This too shall pass

Ha sure. This was over the weekend at a park in China.

15862187823763983992940730186836.jpg

Edited by bkk6060
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Short of vaccines the only thing that works is the clean hands and, above all, social distancing which reduces the R0 number to less than 1. If you can achieve that, the virus dies out quite quickly. As long as the number is above 1, then it continues to spread.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Who knows eh?

But if as some suggested early on this virus was engineered & accidentally let out

Then the engineers would have had a big head start on a vaccine

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Short of vaccines the only thing that works is the clean hands and, above all, social distancing which reduces the R0 number to less than 1. If you can achieve that, the virus dies out quite quickly. As long as the number is above 1, then it continues to spread.

what about if somebody coughs* like that bus driver who died after somebody coughed at him

• Like 1