Australian High Court quashes conviction of Cardinal Pell on sex offences

webfact

1 minute ago, Olmate said:

Not into silks lineage, particularly of his speciality  ? Good to know tho who you think is a good guy! 

You brought up his heritage, by you reference to another accused offender

I am sure if you had half the ethics of Richter, you would be twice the person you present here.

I am proud to support the HC and Richter, I listen to and read and comprehend evidence, whoich you seem to ignore, not driven by populism and bias

5 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

You brought up his heritage, by you reference to another accused offender

I am sure if you had half the ethics of Richter, you would be twice the person you present here.

I am proud to support the HC and Richter, I listen to and read and comprehend evidence, whoich you seem to ignore, not driven by populism and bias

Heritage no, religion yes, glad the High Court keeps you enthralled tho cheers ???? 

Edited by Olmate

1 minute ago, samran said:

I hope he has moved to Far Kew, and stays there...

Prik was on tv tonite at a servo somewhere in Melb,looks like any other pedo and chatting to media,all good.Hopefully he,ll still make it onto registered sex offenders who,s who top ten list!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Prik was on tv tonite at a servo somewhere in Melb,looks like any other pedo and chatting to media,all good.Hopefully he,ll still make it onto registered sex offenders who,s who top ten list!

He's going to be hounded for the rest of his life, a la Christopher Skase. There will be some upside out of all of this.

• Like 1

It's not just the church where pedos roam free, the judiciary in Australia have made some outrageous decisions regarding child Sex offenders in the last few years....which leaves me wondering about them that judges the rest of us.  

12 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

It's not just the church where pedos roam free, the judiciary in Australia have made some outrageous decisions regarding child Sex offenders in the last few years....which leaves me wondering about them that judges the rest of us.  

Come into my chambers young fella!

13 hours ago, Olmate said:

Hint !  It’s not the 501...

You'd be wrong yet again.  Why don't you just allow yourself to be convinced by evidence?   Read the judgement.  As every judge states, any rational person should entertain reasonable doubt.   But it goes beyond that.  It simply was not possible for the allegation to have occurred in the time frame and manner described by the complainant.  Stop allowing your hatred to cloud your rational thought.

18 hours ago, Lacessit said:

How about you declare your religious affiliations, then you can run that statement concerning rational thought past me again. Pure comedy.

Belief in any divine being is moronic in this day and age.  There is social value (mental well being and financial) in belonging to a religion, but the price you pay for admission is you have to give up a part of your rational thinking.  Too great a price in my mind.  

But I do believe in science and evidence, and the evidence that this allegation could not have happened is irrefutable.  But then again, my opinion is only backed by irrefutable evidence and the informed judgements of 100% of the full bench of the high court.  That can't possibly compare with the years of sustained vitriol against Pell from the ABC.

49 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

You'd be wrong yet again.  Why don't you just allow yourself to be convinced by evidence?   Read the judgement.  As every judge states, any rational person should entertain reasonable doubt.   But it goes beyond that.  It simply was not possible for the allegation to have occurred in the time frame and manner described by the complainant.  Stop allowing your hatred to cloud your rational thought.

Still at it ?  As I and others have posted there is no evidence at all relating to the time frame on the day of the actual offence. What defence evidence have said ( hearsay) is that it was usual for the offender to not be alone in the back room and also to normally speak with parishioners after the Mass. So no one has evidence for that particular day except the complainant, who no freakin way would forget what occurred! PS That’s the evidence that’s beyond reasonable doubt ...Ponder this Mick,if you were up for a bit one sunny Sunday morning would you let chatting to the faithful get in your way and no doubt if you wanted to duck out the back no one would dare question you!  By the way Mick in Oz slang can mean tails in a two up game! Your call spinner.

20 hours ago, Olmate said:

Tell us who gave evidence that at the time of the alleged offence Pell was elsewhere, there is none.The suggestion was that he was usually not alone or that he usually was with other churchgoers after the mass. For some strange reason the victim seemed to recall the event very clearly! 100%  irrefutable, now your really dreaming!  

Yeah, you are right.   The high court justices are all stupid and don't know how to do their jobs.  The legal system should just saved the taxpayer a whole lot of money, do away with judges, and convict/acquit based on Olmates opinion (however uninformed and ignorant that may be).

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

Yeah, you are right.   The high court justices are all stupid and don't know how to do their jobs.  The legal system should just saved the taxpayer a whole lot of money, do away with judges, and convict/acquit based on Olmates opinion (however uninformed and ignorant that may be).

That’s a good response to my previous reply 135 # A true believer ,bless you my son! ????

Who knows the real truth - Cardinal Pell and the choir boy. False accusations are not unheard of, ask any divorce lawyer, and here we have a celeb who can most likely guarantee a big pay out. On the other hand we all know that the Catholic church shelters many divergent people, my brother told me the seminary his friend attended had clear gay and straight cliques. Guilty or innocent, it pays to have good lawyers. I think that's what this whole saga demonstrates. Were he not a Cardinal, say some minion, where would he be now?

8 minutes ago, nausea said:

Who knows the real truth - Cardinal Pell and the choir boy. False accusations are not unheard of, ask any divorce lawyer, and here we have a celeb who can most likely guarantee a big pay out. On the other hand we all know that the Catholic church shelters many divergent people, my brother told me the seminary his friend attended had clear gay and straight cliques. Guilty or innocent, it pays to have good lawyers. I think that's what this whole saga demonstrates. Were he not a Cardinal, say some minion, where would he be now?

Pell was not on trial for "sheltering or moving abusers around" , nor was he on trial for being arrogant, and I am sure you know, being gay does not make a person and abuser. 

You are right only Pell and the his accuser know the truth..

High Court did its job, nothing more nothing less, they reviewed all the evidence and made a decision.

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

That’s a good response to my previous reply 135 # A true believer ,bless you my son! ????

High court loaded with true believers too?  Geez you have a hard time admitting you're wrong.    Must be terribly thin skinned.