When this is all over whats the first thing you will do?

ChipButty

2 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Little has changed in my village life. Madam Moon is a great chef, pedicurist, masseuse and barber. (providing one is happy with a buzz cut)

Country walks as normal and plenty of rural lanes to enjoy my motorcycle on.

So really I want for nothing. I reckon my first 'post lock-down' act will be to take Madam Moon out for a good thank you dinner somewhere.

And a Moon light walk 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Buffet and a la carte are two styles of serving food to guests in a restaurant or hotel. In buffet style, food is placed in a public place, and the diners can serve themselves as they like. In contrast, a la carte is a plated, sit-down meal, which is served by waiters

Yes we know 555

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Buffet and a la carte are two styles of serving food to guests in a restaurant or hotel. In buffet style, food is placed in a public place, and the diners can serve themselves as they like. In contrast, a la carte is a plated, sit-down meal, which is served by waiters

Really, I would never have guessed.   LOL

Other methods are take-away (food to go in USA) and make your own.

Edited by stouricks
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

restocking my real N95 masks and everything that was in short supply like isopropyl alcohol.    

and i never thought i would say this because I sold my 40 acre survival property in Montana in the USA that I had for 21 years specially for a event like this but I may return and pay cash for a small farm house somewhere in Nevada or Idaho. If I am lucky I can rent it out.  I already have friends looking in parts of the USA I have never been to.  

I am thinking the pandemic has accelerated the next shoe to drop which is going to be economic. It may still be ten years from now if Trump is reelected, five years if not.  That way if the US dollar seriously loses value I still can return and experience hyper inflation at home.

and not to mention how aggressive Communist China is with influencing Thailand and SEA now. So as an American I maybe forced out of this part of the world by a limited war or a some sort economic sanctions placed on China that increase tensions to the point it will not be safe to walk around in Thailand.

Monitoring Radio China International on the short wave bands you can hear how aggressive they are and their constant attacks on the west.

They have programs in Thai that I am sure are blaming the west for this mess and promoting communism just like the English language versions. It is 24/7.  

Fortunately, as a German, I am loved the world over, however, I will take my cue from American preppers and craft a survival and storage programme that will include everything from buying gold to stocking up on essential medicines, foods and drinks. There is no way I will be caught with my pants down again. Only a question of time when the next pandemic comes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

A few days ago I would have said the first thing I will do is get an Haircut,

I dont think I can last that long I like to keep it short neat and tidy

When I was last back in Oz they had this new cutter hit the market---it makes doing your own hair so easy, its curved like your head..(wonder why no one thought of that before) small you can easily hold it in 1 hand--its only 70 Baht to get your hair cut in Issan, so ummed and ahhed about paying 2,000baht but it paid for itself (even quicker if  i still lived in Pattaya)  give it a look......I showed the guy who used to cut my hair and he wanted me to buy for him when i go back to Oz..........but think that will be some years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I'll be looking a bit like that my wife has some relatives in the army and he recommended the one they use they are in certain regiment where they have to do it every 2 weeks

My b/f when a conscript had the duty of running the sheers over the heads of all the conscripts within reach. Now we're getting close - another week, I think - & I'll be putting him to the test for the first time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

Putting my step by step return to E.U.  plan in action as end date (or before that …) May2022,  mean time starting repatriating bit by bit  Thb to € ,and in last part the last 400k + (As the 400K allowed to take out during the 7 months allowed  are then already in Europe by that time)   ....playing strategic my ending Ret.Ext.

It has being nice and pleasant  , but not the last 3 years anymore with this bunch on the top 

There are advantages to being in Europe if another pandemic comes. Obviously health care will be critical, and if I had to choose a German or Thai hospital, that would not be a tough choice.

The likelihood of backlash and hostility to foreigners could be a real issue, as the prime minister of Australia illustrated.

If transport restrictions persist the supply of quality European food products to Thailand, already sketchy and slow at the best of times, could further be impacted. I already noticed some quality and common European products no longer on the shelves.

The complete absence of visa related issues in the home country would be preferable to having to deal with curfew/immigration requirements simulataneously.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Anyone else wasted money on a 2020 diary?

Ha ha ! Just thought the same this morning . I replied to a mate that in the last 11 days I have been to Lotus 9 times , ok it is only 5 mins away but there is nowhere else to go that is open .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

When I was last back in Oz they had this new cutter hit the market---it makes doing your own hair so easy, its curved like your head..(wonder why no one thought of that before) small you can easily hold it in 1 hand--its only 70 Baht to get your hair cut in Issan, so ummed and ahhed about paying 2,000baht but it paid for itself (even quicker if  i still lived in Pattaya)  give it a look......I showed the guy who used to cut my hair and he wanted me to buy for him when i go back to Oz..........but think that will be some years.

Big C has similar (lesser label) for 800THB..., good enough for military style haircut 

A haircut is just about the least essential thing. Just get your wife to cut your hair or buy a shaver.

I think we'll be looking forward to traveling, going to the beach, having a party and getting wasted, that kind of thing.

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

They are on Lazada at 4,485 baht. Expensive; but cheaper than going to Oz to get one!

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/remington-hc4250-i793274669-s1589004078.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.600c112eCgCleZ&search=1

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

When this is all over whats the first thing you will do?

Go to 7-11 myself, otherwise things much the same for me and my hobbies, other than being able to do a motorcycle trip.

• Like 1