When this is all over whats the first thing you will do?

ChipButty

When this is all over? Depends what you mean by 'this'.

I expect the economic fallout from the drastic measures that have been taken to control the spread of WuFlu to last a considerable time after the last infected case has died.

My first priority will be managing my investments and finances as best I can to suit the new reality, whatever that turns out to be. What little I can do in this regard in the meantime, I have done already, but some big adjustments have to be put on hold.

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:
2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Little has changed in my village life. Madam Moon is a great chef, pedicurist, masseuse and barber. (providing one is happy with a buzz cut)

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

And a Moon light walk 

Not as light as she used to be. ????

3 hours ago, Logosone said:

Fortunately, as a German, I am loved the world over, however, I will take my cue from American preppers and craft a survival and storage programme that will include everything from buying gold to stocking up on essential medicines, foods and drinks. There is no way I will be caught with my pants down again. Only a question of time when the next pandemic comes.

If history is any indicator 102 years will be the next pandemic. Let’s us know if you were ready enough. 

I am going to buy a house in the States, and get a 36 bottle wine fridge, and fill it up.  Life it too good to be held hostage by import tax ripoffs.  Then I will make plans to return to LOS to continue my 22 year search for the perfect GF.  

• Haha 1

I would love to believe there is s finish line somewhere and all this will end suddenly although it’s more likely going to be a very gradual fading away as new measures of testing anti bodies and issuing vaccines are introduced. 12 to 18 months away.

then there’s the economic aftermath to deal with. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

Not being English, I don't understand the trick ;

I know a Delorean is a car, but other than that ...

I'm sure he was referring to the movie Back to the Future where time travel was possible, meaning wow that's a cheap price for a haircut. Only in Isaan.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, KMartinHandyman said:

If history is any indicator 102 years will be the next pandemic. Let’s us know if you were ready enough. 

The last pandemic was the Swine flu 2009.

But coronavirus is a game changer. A whole new family of viruses. So obviously the frequency will increase.

It's a bigger threat than war now. As we've seen. Even if the pandemic is moderate, the overreaction in lockdowns will be guaranteed.

Edited by Logosone

11 minutes ago, moontang said:

I am going to buy a house in the States, and get a 36 bottle wine fridge, and fill it up.  Life it too good to be held hostage by import tax ripoffs.  Then I will make plans to return to LOS to continue my 22 year search for the perfect GF.  

You can't have mine.

Haircut. I'm not attempting to cut my own hair; and most definitely not letting Mrs. BB anywhere near it with clippers!

We've stopped ordering on-line now. Never know about the drivers etc. Why take a risk?

Sport a pony-tail for a few weeks! ????

7 hours ago, 2long said:

Japanese (a la carte) buffet just a mile up the road.

You will be hoping the Chinese don't use it, once this is over, they will be crowding into the

country and starting another coronavirus.

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

The last pandemic was the Swine flu 2009.

But coronavirus is a game changer. A whole new family of viruses. So obviously the frequency will increase.

It's a bigger threat than war now. As we've seen. Even if the pandemic is moderate, the overreaction in lockdowns will be guaranteed.

Maybe there will be a vaccine out before the next one comes, until then the Chinese should be kept in China. But, unfortunately, due to Thailand chasing away a lot of tourists and expats, they are going to need their business.

14 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

I didn't know you were from NY... Had my first businesses in the West Village... as you surely know, it is a ghost town now from what I have heard... 

The situation there is unspeakably awful. I am in constant touch with my family there. Most of my friends are too exhausted, working in hospitals, to talk much.  They say it is pure chaos (in the hospitals).

I think the mass transit was key to the exponential rise in cases and ti is hard to see how they will be able to reopen things. The city is so completely reliant on mass transit  that there is no way it can get back to even 1/4 normal without it, but  even 1 infected person getting on the subway in rush hour would re-ignite things in a major way.

So even once new cases taper off, it likely will be a long haul for NYC.

• Thanks 1