BANGKOK
ChipButty

When this is all over whats the first thing you will do?

2 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Little has changed in my village life. Madam Moon is a great chef, pedicurist, masseuse and barber. (providing one is happy with a buzz cut)

Country walks as normal and plenty of rural lanes to enjoy my motorcycle on.

So really I want for nothing. I reckon my first 'post lock-down' act will be to take Madam Moon out for a good thank you dinner somewhere.

And a Moon light walk 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Buffet and a la carte are two styles of serving food to guests in a restaurant or hotel. In buffet style, food is placed in a public place, and the diners can serve themselves as they like. In contrast, a la carte is a plated, sit-down meal, which is served by waiters

Yes we know 555

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, UbonThani said:

Yes we know 555

Explanations are sometimes required for the simple-minded.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Explanations are sometimes required for the simple-minded.

Exactly

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Buffet and a la carte are two styles of serving food to guests in a restaurant or hotel. In buffet style, food is placed in a public place, and the diners can serve themselves as they like. In contrast, a la carte is a plated, sit-down meal, which is served by waiters

Really, I would never have guessed.   LOL

Other methods are take-away (food to go in USA) and make your own.

Edited by stouricks
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, stouricks said:

We didn't expect you too

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Other methods are take-away (food to go in USA) and make your own.

Or catch and kill

• Haha 1

I think a weeks holiday would go down well, we dont know when that would be possible

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

restocking my real N95 masks and everything that was in short supply like isopropyl alcohol.    

and i never thought i would say this because I sold my 40 acre survival property in Montana in the USA that I had for 21 years specially for a event like this but I may return and pay cash for a small farm house somewhere in Nevada or Idaho. If I am lucky I can rent it out.  I already have friends looking in parts of the USA I have never been to.  

I am thinking the pandemic has accelerated the next shoe to drop which is going to be economic. It may still be ten years from now if Trump is reelected, five years if not.  That way if the US dollar seriously loses value I still can return and experience hyper inflation at home.

and not to mention how aggressive Communist China is with influencing Thailand and SEA now. So as an American I maybe forced out of this part of the world by a limited war or a some sort economic sanctions placed on China that increase tensions to the point it will not be safe to walk around in Thailand.

Monitoring Radio China International on the short wave bands you can hear how aggressive they are and their constant attacks on the west.

They have programs in Thai that I am sure are blaming the west for this mess and promoting communism just like the English language versions. It is 24/7.  

Fortunately, as a German, I am loved the world over, however, I will take my cue from American preppers and craft a survival and storage programme that will include everything from buying gold to stocking up on essential medicines, foods and drinks. There is no way I will be caught with my pants down again. Only a question of time when the next pandemic comes.

• Like 1