Appeal Court upholds a Belgian’s life sentence for drug trafficking

geovalin

The Appeal Court today upheld the conviction of a Belgian man sentenced to life imprisonment over transporting more than one kilo of cocaine from Brazil to Cambodia in 2018.

Presiding judge Seng Sivutha identified the convict as Tanguy Eddie J. Taller, 36, a freelance designer. Mr Sivutha said that Tanguy was charged with “drug transport and trafficking” under article 40 of Cambodian Law on Drug Control. He was apprehended on October 4, 2018.

“Based on the trial on March 24 and evidences, the drug belonged to Tanguy Eddie J. Taller,” Mr Sivutha said. “Therefore, the Judges’ council of Appeal Court decided to uphold the Phnom Penh Municipal Court’s decision dated on December 19, 2018 as effective,” he said

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50710266/appeal-court-upholds-a-belgians-life-sentence-for-drug-trafficking/

• Like 1

Why do we have few comments on this thread? If he were a Nigerian or an African, many of you would be jumping on top of each other to shout, "Kill the motherf***er". 
To you of little minds and pinchoms, know this: Crime has no nationality.

49 minutes ago, mezieibeh said:

If he were a Nigerian or an African...

Wow, does my geography suck!!!  Here I was sure that Nigeria was part of Africa.  ????

As for the rest of your post, I really think the lack of response is just a lack of interest and nothing racial. I think most people see drug smugglers as scum, regardless of where they come from. And let's make it clear that I'm talking about drugs -- not cannabis.

One of the only things I like about Saudi Arabia is their laws concerning Drugs... 

If you get caught trafficking drugs in Saudi Arabia,   it is an Automatic Death Sentence..

If that is not a helluva deterrent,  then what is?

5 minutes ago, Xavnel said:

One of the only things I like about Saudi Arabia is their laws concerning Drugs... 

If you get caught trafficking drugs in Saudi Arabia,   it is an Automatic Death Sentence..

If that is not a helluva deterrent,  then what is?

I can't agree with you in principle, and that's especially true as they consider selling cannabis, which has proven to be a safe and even beneficial substance, as a death-squad offense.  That's NOT sane!! That's extremely draconian, and there's no place left in a reasonable world for that kind of ridiculously rigid thinking. 

19 hours ago, Inn Between said:

Wow, does my geography suck!!!  Here I was sure that Nigeria was part of Africa.  ????

As for the rest of your post, I really think the lack of response is just a lack of interest and nothing racial. I think most people see drug smugglers as scum, regardless of where they come from. And let's make it clear that I'm talking about drugs -- not cannabis.

Did the comment state that Nigeria wasn't part of Africa? Purge yourself of pettiness. 

1 hour ago, mezieibeh said:

Did the comment state that Nigeria wasn't part of Africa? Purge yourself of pettiness. 

Let me do the kindness of explaining something to you since you're a new member with only 18 posts. People make jokes here and on other forums, and when they do, they often put a "wink" emoji after it to make it clear that the comment is a joke and shouldn't be taken seriously. 

I know it's tough times these days, and people are depressed with emotions running high, so let me extend my welcome to TVF and forgive your little comment calling me petty. There are lots of other people here who are quick with the insults, but particularly in these hard times, I think we should all try to be a little more considerate to each other. 

Have fun here and good luck with everything. The situation will improve.  

• Like 2

On 4/8/2020 at 10:06 PM, Inn Between said:

Let me do the kindness of explaining something to you since you're a new member with only 18 posts. People make jokes here and on other forums, and when they do, they often put a "wink" emoji after it to make it clear that the comment is a joke and shouldn't be taken seriously. 

I know it's tough times these days, and people are depressed with emotions running high, so let me extend my welcome to TVF and forgive your little comment calling me petty. There are lots of other people here who are quick with the insults, but particularly in these hard times, I think we should all try to be a little more considerate to each other. 

Have fun here and good luck with everything. The situation will improve.  

I am sorry bro. It was a lapse in judgement.

• Thanks 1