Phuket Immigration Latest

pagallim

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

That answers the question I was asked by two people yesterday as to how people in Karon under lockdown get to Immigration.

Doesn't sort out Rawai though!

Give them a chance- this is only just being rolled out.

Seems every time they are proactive someone needs to knock it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

So they figured out how to keep collecting money for extensions (while ignoring "stay at home" order)... God forbid if they declared automatic extension for all visitors (like ALL other countries in the neighborhood)... My parents cannot get the letter from embassy = so they are forced into illegal overstay.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Give them a chance- this is only just being rolled out.

Seems every time they are proactive someone needs to knock it.

It wasn't meant to be such and I do appreciate their effort. Sorry if I sounded otherwise.

• Like 1

Just passed by I/O "mobile unit" at Karon Police Station, few visitors and relaxed atmosphere... Chatted with friendly officer, asked him about my parents situation (2nd extension due April/16, entered in January, no flights home, no embassy letter), he said "oh they will be fine, just wait few days for government announcement about automatic extension", I said I heard it's only for visitors entered after March/1, he said he thinks it will be for all visitors no matter when they entered... Let's see...

20200407_145424.jpg

20200407_144118.jpg

Edited by sallecc
  • Like 2

My 90-day is Tuesday next week, so I'll try Chalong tomorrow. I already made it from Rawai to Villa today for shopping, so hopefully can get through to the police station tomorrow.

Then there's the annual extension next month...

• Sad 1

On 4/7/2020 at 4:10 PM, JetsetBkk said:

My 90-day is Tuesday next week, so I'll try Chalong tomorrow. I already made it from Rawai to Villa today for shopping, so hopefully can get through to the police station tomorrow.

Then there's the annual extension next month...

I don't know what happened to my follow-up post on Wednesday. Maybe I forgot to hit "Submit Reply".

Anyway, I went to Chalong Police Station at about 9:30am. After 5 minutes the guy behind the window asked me what I wanted so I said I was waiting foir Immigration and he said it is now at Chalong Pier.

So off to the pier, expecting a "Mobile Unit" , i.e. truck of some sort, but none appeared. So at 10am drove up to the very end of the pier and that is where they were processing people. I got my 90-day done in about 5 minutes.

NEXT problem: how to do the yearly extension next month, when no access to my bank or Immigration?

2 hours ago, Tarukhtah said:

Next month is very far in time, in relative terms since things are bumping so fast. Anyway good to know. So what pier is it? is it the long or the short pier? And they are... at the tip of the pier? 

I've lived here for over a decade and didn't know there were two piers!!

Anyway, it's the long pier, at the very end. A friend asked if it was in the building before the end, but when I went last Wednesday, the Immigration guys were at the very end.

I live in Chalong for more than decade.
I do not remember exactly. Several years ago, Official opened
the immigration office at the red marked place.
This was for yacht. Many yachts come form another country.
My life has nothing to do with yacht.
(Would it be nice, if I could have a chance ?)
I had to go to the office in Phuket town for extension and other.

Now they opened this office for everybody.
Certainly, this is not "mobile".

aa.jpg

Edited by XD1 at Phuket

1 minute ago, Badrabbit said:

Have the 90 day reports been suspended until the 30th if so and your 90 day is due before do you just forget it and go to do on your next 90 day? 

That's way I read the last update. But who knows. They (each IO) make their own rules depending on mood of the day.

19 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Have the 90 day reports been suspended until the 30th if so and your 90 day is due before do you just forget it and go to do on your next 90 day? 

The 90 reporting is suspended till 30 April after which it has to be done.  So you should not wait until the next 90 day reporting date.

1 hour ago, merijn said:

The 90 reporting is suspended till 30 April after which it has to be done.  So you should not wait until the next 90 day reporting date.

I presume the same goes for my 'under consideration' stamp for extension based on marriage? Ended 17th, online still showing as under consideration.

10 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I presume the same goes for my 'under consideration' stamp for extension based on marriage? Ended 17th, online still showing as under consideration.

I thought "under consideration" would require visit I/O on that date?

(or it's only for tourist visa extension 'under consideration'...)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sallecc said:

A home visit is normally undertaken during the under consideration period.   Also, typically a home visit is only carried out for the first extension based on marriage (at least in Phuket, and yes I know that some places upcountry they will do subsequent visits also).   The relevant Immigration Office will tell you if they intend to carry out a visit.

OK, I understand what you mean now, that you have to go to the Immigration Office on the date as under consideration to, and get the new extension inserted.   As SL states below, with the sub district lockdown it won't be possible to get to the Immigration Office, unless of course the IO's are still doing mobile offices.

Edited by pagallim

17 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Visit to immigration you mean I presume? Yes, but with lockdown not possible. Plus online still saying 'processing'.

1 minute ago, pagallim said:

A home visit is normally undertaken during the under consideration period.   Also, typically a home visit is only carried out for the first extension based on marriage (at least in Phuket, and yes I know that some places upcountry they will do subsequent visits also).   The relevant Immigration Office will tell you if they intend to carry out a visit.

This is the 18th? extension. Always the same, 'under consideration' is sop since passport has to be sent to hat Yai for these extensions.

Never had any home visits.

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

Yes the same applies for the under considerations applications.

2 hours ago, pagallim said:

OK, I understand what you mean now, that you have to go to the Immigration Office on the date as under consideration to, and get the new extension inserted.   As SL states below, with the sub district lockdown it won't be possible to get to the Immigration Office, unless of course the IO's are still doing mobile offices.

The local temporary immigration offices don't do the long term extensions. You have to go to Phuket town after the lockdown.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

This is the 18th? extension. Always the same, 'under consideration' is sop since passport has to be sent to hat Yai for these extensions.

Never had any home visits.

Every office has their own little rules about the home visits.

In Phuket they only do it in general for the first time extension based on marriage.

But even then it's not always done.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, merijn said:

Yes the same applies for the under considerations applications.

The local temporary immigration offices don't do the long term extensions. You have to go to Phuket town after the lockdown.

What plans does Immigration have to cope with the deluge of customers after lockdowns and amnesties conclude at the end of April with short termers, long termers, 90 day reporters, etc. all looking for service? Especially considering there are 4 public holidays in the first 11 days of May?  The 1st, 4th, 6th and 11th.

With two weekends in that time, the office will only have three working days until normality resumes on the 12th of May.

11 hours ago, merijn said:

Why did they announce they will do these extensions?

image.png

Edited by Old Croc
  • Thanks 1