BANGKOK
pagallim

PHUKET IMMIGRATION LATEST

That answers the question I was asked by two people yesterday as to how people in Karon under lockdown get to Immigration.

Doesn't sort out Rawai though!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

That answers the question I was asked by two people yesterday as to how people in Karon under lockdown get to Immigration.

Doesn't sort out Rawai though!

Give them a chance- this is only just being rolled out.

Seems every time they are proactive someone needs to knock it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Good move..👍👍

• Like 1

So they figured out how to keep collecting money for extensions (while ignoring "stay at home" order)... God forbid if they declared automatic extension for all visitors (like ALL other countries in the neighborhood)... My parents cannot get the letter from embassy = so they are forced into illegal overstay.

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, steelepulse said:

Very nice.  Anyone been by any of these locations by chance?

I will pass by Karon mobile i/o later today and report here.

Edited by sallecc
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Give them a chance- this is only just being rolled out.

Seems every time they are proactive someone needs to knock it.

It wasn't meant to be such and I do appreciate their effort. Sorry if I sounded otherwise.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just passed by I/O "mobile unit" at Karon Police Station, few visitors and relaxed atmosphere... Chatted with friendly officer, asked him about my parents situation (2nd extension due April/16, entered in January, no flights home, no embassy letter), he said "oh they will be fine, just wait few days for government announcement about automatic extension", I said I heard it's only for visitors entered after March/1, he said he thinks it will be for all visitors no matter when they entered... Let's see...

20200407_145424.jpg

20200407_144118.jpg

Edited by sallecc
  • Like 2

Very thoughtful of them to do this. Thanks for the post, Paga!!!!!

• Like 1

My 90-day is Tuesday next week, so I'll try Chalong tomorrow. I already made it from Rawai to Villa today for shopping, so hopefully can get through to the police station tomorrow.

Then there's the annual extension next month...

• Sad 1

Hold on... is this a mobile office? it looks like a built-in coffeeshop they transformed into an immigration office. Right?

things will all change coming monday when inter travel between sub districts is stopped..

Not sure ...."need go to immigration" will be considered essential travel..

On 4/7/2020 at 4:10 PM, JetsetBkk said:

My 90-day is Tuesday next week, so I'll try Chalong tomorrow. I already made it from Rawai to Villa today for shopping, so hopefully can get through to the police station tomorrow.

Then there's the annual extension next month...

I don't know what happened to my follow-up post on Wednesday. Maybe I forgot to hit "Submit Reply".

Anyway, I went to Chalong Police Station at about 9:30am. After 5 minutes the guy behind the window asked me what I wanted so I said I was waiting foir Immigration and he said it is now at Chalong Pier.

So off to the pier, expecting a "Mobile Unit" , i.e. truck of some sort, but none appeared. So at 10am drove up to the very end of the pier and that is where they were processing people. I got my 90-day done in about 5 minutes.

NEXT problem: how to do the yearly extension next month, when no access to my bank or Immigration?

Next month is very far in time, in relative terms since things are bumping so fast. Anyway good to know. So what pier is it? is it the long or the short pier? And they are... at the tip of the pier? 

• Like 1