Phuket Immigration Latest

pagallim

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

What plans does Immigration have to cope with the deluge of customers after lockdowns and amnesties conclude at the end of April with short termers, long termers, 90 day reporters, etc. all looking for service? Especially considering there are 4 public holidays in the first 11 days of May?  The 1st, 4th, 6th and 11th.

With two weekends in that time, the office will only have three working days until normality resumes on the 12th of May.

I incorrectly used the word amnesties when in fact all they did was suspend or delay their services for a few weeks. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I incorrectly used the word amnesties when in fact all they did was suspend or delay their services for a few weeks. 

You have a good point about all the holidays, my 1 year extension ends 9 May which is Sat. , not sure if they even open in between sub-district travel on that first week of May,  and if the banks are up and running in all branches, the mayhem will be closal, and bring a lot of social closeness .... ! ! ! Which would result in more infections and more lockdowns after a second wave...????

IMPORTANT: The Thai government has approved a second automatic visa extension for foreigners until 30 July, in a bid to prevent long queues at immigration offices.

Diamond suit
Thailand extends foreigners' visas as coronavirus cases slow https://news.trust.org/item/20200421094653-shasu

#Thailand #COVID19

7:51 PM · Apr 21, 2020·Twitter for iPad

17 minutes ago, stuarty said:
IMPORTANT: The Thai government has approved a second automatic visa extension for foreigners until 30 July, in a bid to prevent long queues at immigration offices.

Diamond suit
Thailand extends foreigners' visas as coronavirus cases slow https://news.trust.org/item/20200421094653-shasu

#Thailand #COVID19

7:51 PM · Apr 21, 2020·Twitter for iPad

I don't believe it's already published in the gazette and until then it's not implemented.

• Like 2

Following the info in the forum I went today to Chalong Pier to the immigration-mobile station. They were closed. The security guards there told me they are closed in that location. Where is supposed to be the immigration-mobile station now? 

Thank's!

18 hours ago, Agusts said:

But these are for tourist visa extension,  not for the 1 year retirement extensions, I thought for that we still have to follow the rules as before, no ...? 

According to Phuket Immigration the amnesty is also applicable for 1 years extensions.

5 minutes ago, merijn said:

According to Phuket Immigration the amnesty is also applicable for 1 years extensions.

Where have you seen that, did you ask them today since this new rule published...!?

There seems to be a lot of different opinions about this,  so we just have to wait and see how it pans out, of course at the end of the day it all depends on what a particular office or even officer does with your case... - I don't fancy paying 500b/day overstay fees...

If I can get to my bank branch and it opens in May, and if can get to Phuket Town IO office I don't mind doing my extension and get it out of the way..., but those ifs are all there...!

They now say a sub-district must have zero cases in previous 14 days to open up, I'm sure they find one or two here and there that does not satisfy that criteria...., and in Europe they have 1000 of daily cases and hundreds of daily deads but are relaxing their restrictions... !? Sounds a different world and logic...

• Like 1

Before you reply I see a mention on Phuket News website, but they should get their terminology correct, they keep talking about visa extension , and 1 year visa that does not exists...! We had a 1 year non-O retirement extension last year, and now need to renew that extension. We don't have a "visa" that needs extending...!

In any case I will be down there asking them personally when in between sub-district restrictions are removed and can get to them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, merijn said:

To be correct the ruling only states 'visas'. And we all know 'extensions' are not the same. Might be sloppy writing as extensions are often referred as visa, incorrectly.  

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 5:58 PM, Agusts said:

Where have you seen that, did you ask them today since this new rule published...!?

There seems to be a lot of different opinions about this,  so we just have to wait and see how it pans out, of course at the end of the day it all depends on what a particular office or even officer does with your case... - I don't fancy paying 500b/day overstay fees...

If I can get to my bank branch and it opens in May, and if can get to Phuket Town IO office I don't mind doing my extension and get it out of the way..., but those ifs are all there...!

They now say a sub-district must have zero cases in previous 14 days to open up, I'm sure they find one or two here and there that does not satisfy that criteria...., and in Europe they have 1000 of daily cases and hundreds of daily deads but are relaxing their restrictions... !? Sounds a different world and logic...

Same for me, except I've got an extra week before mine expires.

I've got the health insurance, got the money, got the forms, got last year's photograph (it'll do - no Kodak shops open anyway), but my bank in Rawai is shut, can't get to Central Festival, can't get to Immigration in town.

Totally b*gg*red.

• Sad 2

There was some pressure in the meeting yesterday on the powers to be to open up the sub-district a bit in May, but the catch was that they said; "except the risky areas..."....! I guess that means except farang concentrated areas, you can figure out what those are ...!!! ? ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Agusts said:

There was some pressure in the meeting yesterday on the powers to be to open up the sub-district a bit in May, but the catch was that they said; "except the risky areas..."....! I guess that means except farang concentrated areas, you can figure out what those are ...!!! ? ????

My guess is, they know exactly where the "risky areas" are. ????

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

My guess is, they know exactly where the "risky areas" are. ????

Yes, and we will be locked in for a hell of lot longer, basically imprisoned for what is now a joke of a virus spread and infection cases... how many they find here in Phuket every day.... !!! More wife beaters and suicide than corona if you ask me...????

Has anyone managed to get through any checkpoint blockade between sub-district by showing he needs to go to immigration to renew his retirement or marriage 1 year extension recently  (show expiry date) ...!?

I guess now they say no need due to amnesty...!

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

Has anyone managed to get through any checkpoint blockade between sub-district by showing he needs to go to immigration to renew his retirement or marriage 1 year extension recently  (show expiry date) ...!?

I guess now they say no need due to amnesty...!

I managed to get through Chalong circle checkpoint, but not the next one before Phuket town.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I managed to get through Chalong circle checkpoint, but not the next one before Phuket town.

Even immigration is not a official reason to pass the check points it depends on the officer in charge.

But make sure to have solid proof of your address with so you are able to return back home.

There are already a few examples of people who where able to pass a check point only to be refused to return at a later time.

• Like 2

Hello guys,

Today I asked the police officer in Chalong road ring if after May 1 I need any document to go through the check point. He said yes, I need to request the document in the Amphoe (i.e. Mueang Phuket Amphoe). So, in order to go there, I need to pass at least two checkpoints. Do you know if they let people through if they go to ask the document to let them go through?

The other question is, will they ask me for a medical checkup or something?

I have confirmed flights on May 3rd, but to go to the airport I guess officially I need to go through the checkpoints. The taxi driver says he knows some paths he can drive me without checkpoints but obviously better if I have the document from the Amphoe.

48 minutes ago, Tarukhtah said:

Hello guys,

Today I asked the police officer in Chalong road ring if after May 1 I need any document to go through the check point. He said yes, I need to request the document in the Amphoe (i.e. Mueang Phuket Amphoe). So, in order to go there, I need to pass at least two checkpoints. Do you know if they let people through if they go to ask the document to let them go through?

The other question is, will they ask me for a medical checkup or something?

I have confirmed flights on May 3rd, but to go to the airport I guess officially I need to go through the checkpoints. The taxi driver says he knows some paths he can drive me without checkpoints but obviously better if I have the document from the Amphoe.

Police doesn't know yet what will happen after 1 may and what will be required.

But at the moment document to pass checkpoint has to be obtained from village headman.

I remember reading that when they locked down the island and before 10Apr that they closed the airport, they said anyone showing proof of flight booking can go through any checkpoint towards and to the Phuket airport..., or even going out of Phuket say going to Krabi airport...

I heard some local flights restart from 1 May, but they said nothing to/from Phuket...! Are you flying from Phuket airport, check if still on ...?

@Agust Yes, from Phuket airport. Flights available at least with NokAir you can book and the seats are going quite fast (maybe not many available?). So yes it is booked.

So as per instructions of the police officer yesterday this morning I headed to the Amphoe office. In the first checkpoint, the same where yesterday they told me I need an authorization from the Amphoe, they told me I do not need anything else but my flight confirmation. They said it is enough. But in the very same spot yesterday they told me I need an authorization from the Amphoe. 

Now I am pretty confused. If I go tomorrow they'll tell me another version.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tarukhtah said:

@Agust Yes, from Phuket airport. Flights available at least with NokAir you can book and the seats are going quite fast (maybe not many available?). So yes it is booked.

So as per instructions of the police officer yesterday this morning I headed to the Amphoe office. In the first checkpoint, the same where yesterday they told me I need an authorization from the Amphoe, they told me I do not need anything else but my flight confirmation. They said it is enough. But in the very same spot yesterday they told me I need an authorization from the Amphoe. 

Now I am pretty confused. If I go tomorrow they'll tell me another version.

Just wait for the news, official announcement should come tomorrow... My friend in Chalong said police told them that Chalong-Kata checkpoint will be surely removed, but nobody knows until big boss makes announcement, soon.