Phuket Immigration Latest

pagallim

18 hours ago, Agusts said:

Has anyone managed to get through any checkpoint blockade between sub-district by showing he needs to go to immigration to renew his retirement or marriage 1 year extension recently  (show expiry date) ...!?

I guess now they say no need due to amnesty...!

No need:

1471634686_PIV04-27-20at12_45PM.JPG.b52055a19b4b423dc0e1d19aa52e0666.JPG

http://piv-phuket.com/covid-19/

16 hours ago, Tarukhtah said:

Hello guys,

Today I asked the police officer in Chalong road ring if after May 1 I need any document to go through the check point. He said yes, I need to request the document in the Amphoe (i.e. Mueang Phuket Amphoe). So, in order to go there, I need to pass at least two checkpoints. Do you know if they let people through if they go to ask the document to let them go through?

The other question is, will they ask me for a medical checkup or something?

I have confirmed flights on May 3rd, but to go to the airport I guess officially I need to go through the checkpoints. The taxi driver says he knows some paths he can drive me without checkpoints but obviously better if I have the document from the Amphoe.

Visiting a hospital is a good reason to pass the check point.

You need to have a appointment papers to show the check point and proof (Hospital bill or medical statement) of hospital visit to return again through the check point.

12 hours ago, Agusts said:

I remember reading that when they locked down the island and before 10Apr that they closed the airport, they said anyone showing proof of flight booking can go through any checkpoint towards and to the Phuket airport..., or even going out of Phuket say going to Krabi airport...

I heard some local flights restart from 1 May, but they said nothing to/from Phuket...! Are you flying from Phuket airport, check if still on ...?

I believe that the airport reopening is pushed back to end of May according the latest information.

IMG_7370.JPG

IMG_7368.JPG

IMG_7369.JPG

18 minutes ago, Tarukhtah said:

@merijn Thank you.

Where is the source of info of the airport? I did not find that info anywhere.

Otherwise, the authorisation is not to go to a doctor appointment so I cannot use that.

This is (unconfirmed i believe) Phuket opening timeline.

1.5 Opening Food Markets, DIY stores, No Alcohol sales, 

8.5 Opening airport for domestic flights. (but this is already pushed back according my information)

11.5 Opening international schools, shopping malls

31.5 All back to normal except for entertainment, (Bars, Pubs, Shows, big events)

Phuket Opening Timeline.JPG

Edited by merijn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JetsetBkk said:

No need:

1471634686_PIV04-27-20at12_45PM.JPG.b52055a19b4b423dc0e1d19aa52e0666.JPG

http://piv-phuket.com/covid-19/

Well, some people speculate that it says you will not be fined the 500b per day for overstay, but if you are on say 1 year retirement/marriage extension and not renew on time,  then after may need to start the whole process of re-apply for non-o visa and wait for 3 months then again get 1 year extension and so on...!

But in our case in Phuket,  if we can't get to Phuket Town immigration office, then there is nothing we can do, they can do what they want with us....

According to the web site, you do your extension when they next open. You won't have to start again. Don't believe the sheet-stirrers.

From the web site:

"Everybody is advised to monitor further announcement regarding immigration measures closely for any updates."

From an email I received from a Phuket Immigration Volunteer:

The ministry just put out an announcement, that all visas will be extended to the 31st of July 2020. This includes Retirement, Marriage, Non-O, tourist and 90 day reporting.

The information was in the newpaper and I believe they have put it on the
Immigration website as well!

Hope this helps put your mind at ease a bit? Take care and stay safe!

Edited by JetsetBkk
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

According to the web site, you do your extension when they next open. You won't have to start again. Don't believe the sheet-stirrers.

From the web site:

"Everybody is advised to monitor further announcement regarding immigration measures closely for any updates."

I also believe that they can not be so unfair, and it should fine...

But as I said it does not make any difference to me what anyone says or interprets this, or what it actually means in reality. I can NOT go to the Phuket office due to blockade, full stop, just have to go after it opens and face the music...!

About international flight, this should be official information, dated 27-Apr.-2020.

https://www.caat.or.th/th/archives/49757

That is in Thai.

1. ห้ามอากาศยานขนส่งคนโดยสารทำการบินเข้ามายังท่าอากาศยานในประเทศไทยเป็นการ ชั่วคราว ตั้งแต่วันที่ 1 พฤษภาคม 2563 เวลา 00.01 น. จนถึงวันที่ 31 พฤษภาคม  2563 เวลา 23.59 น.

Online translation is

1. Prohibited passenger aircraft to fly into the airport in Thailand temporarily from May 1, 2020 at 00.01 hrs. Until May 31, 2020 at 23.59 hrs.

So we have to stay in Thai until May 31 at least.

Edited by XD1 at Phuket
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, merijn said:

8.5 Opening airport for domestic flights. (but this is already pushed back according my information)

31.5 All back to normal except for entertainment, (Bars, Pubs, Shows, big events)

Have you heard anything about buses being able to leave the island?

2 hours ago, trappedinasia said:

Have you heard anything about buses being able to leave the island?

No i didn't hear about Sarasin bridge but i assume that if the airport is closed the bridge will be close also as Phukert remains to be isolated till probable end of May.

4 hours ago, merijn said:

and the beaches?

Inter sub district travel?

Edited by zzzzz

5 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

and the beaches?

Inter sub district travel?

I suspect that the beaches remains closed for the duration of emergency decree.

The sub districts will opened in phases as 

Open end of April,

Saku, Mai Khao, Thep Kasattri, Pa Klok, Sri Soonthorn, Talad Nua, Chalong

Open end of May,

Patong, Cherngtalay-Bangtao, Kathu, Karon, Rawai, Wichit, Talad Yai, Rasada, Koh Kaew

This can be changed whenever required.

11 hours ago, merijn said:

I suspect that the beaches remains closed for the duration of emergency decree.

The sub districts will opened in phases as 

Open end of April,

Saku, Mai Khao, Thep Kasattri, Pa Klok, Sri Soonthorn, Talad Nua, Chalong

Open end of May,

Patong, Cherngtalay-Bangtao, Kathu, Karon, Rawai, Wichit, Talad Yai, Rasada, Koh Kaew

This can be changed whenever required.

Not sure where you're getting that information from, as it's impractical to say Chalong will open on 1st May when the two bordering sub districts of Rawai and Wichit remain closed until 1st June.

Yesterday (27th of April) a friend of mine managed to reach Phuket Immigration from Rawai.

At the check points he showed the passport with expiring visa, but always had to discuss a bit because they were trying to push him back.
At the immigration he got (in the same morning ....) his one year retirement extension, as well as the re-entry permit.

Only three persons where in line with him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pagallim said:

Not sure where you're getting that information from, as it's impractical to say Chalong will open on 1st May when the two bordering sub districts of Rawai and Wichit remain closed until 1st June.

I got it from the provincial office. (but not approved yet)

since when is everything logical or practical in Thailand ????

• Haha 1

The article out now sounds a bit more lenient, as far as the numbers of areas being opened. The Governor said he wants to open all but a few red-zones.

“The quarantine for other subdistricts can end already as we have not found any new cases there, but areas in Patong, Cherng Talay, Rassada and Wichit must remain under quarantine for another 14 days,” Chief Thanit explained.

he 14 days starts from the date of the last known case, so for some places that could be May 5th or 6th. And they say even parts of those hot sub-districts may open sooner, because they can quarantine certain villages within them.

Other than getting rid of some of the roadblocks, I haven't seen any specific info about what will change. Is that it, or will more businesses/beaches be allowed to open? Obviously bars and such will not, but will the cool-zones of Phuket be under standard national rules now, or still more severe? We'll see... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, federicoP said:

Yesterday (27th of April) a friend of mine managed to reach Phuket Immigration from Rawai.

At the check points he showed the passport with expiring visa, but always had to discuss a bit because they were trying to push him back.
At the immigration he got (in the same morning ....) his one year retirement extension, as well as the re-entry permit.

Only three persons where in line with him

Well, that's good to know, I will give it a go next week..

But I'm more worried about getting back to my condo, that could also be a problem, did your friend had any issue with that ...?  The same policeman may not be there to recognise you and let you back through blockade - I like to call it blockade, because it is really that, nuts.... !!! ? Phuket is the only province with this crazy sub-district restriction,  as loonies have taken over the asylum...!

Edited by Agusts

@merijn genuine query. I was due 90 day report on 20 Apr but am cleared by the Amnesty until 31 Jul as I understand it. When/if things ease up should I still go to Imm at the earliest opportunity and get it done or will they not be bothered (others please note I am not interested about a 90 day online debate).

I have to do my Extension of Stay mid Jul but hopefully sub-districts will be open again by then and I will be able to get across to town. With the Amnesty on 90 day reports up til I take it there would not be issues over the lack of report (unless we hear different in between of course!)

10 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

@merijn genuine query. I was due 90 day report on 20 Apr but am cleared by the Amnesty until 31 Jul as I understand it. When/if things ease up should I still go to Imm at the earliest opportunity and get it done or will they not be bothered (others please note I am not interested about a 90 day online debate).

I have to do my Extension of Stay mid Jul but hopefully sub-districts will be open again by then and I will be able to get across to town. With the Amnesty on 90 day reports up til I take it there would not be issues over the lack of report (unless we hear different in between of course!)

Your right in saying that you are cleared up to 31 July for the 90 day reporting.

But for the extension and 90 day reporting i would do it as soon (up to 45 days before the extension expire date) the districts are opening up and not wait till 31 July.

Most likely this will happen well before that date.

Edited by merijn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, merijn said:

Your right in saying that you are cleared up to 31 July for the 90 day reporting.

But for the extension and 90 day reporting i would do it as soon (up to 45 days before the extension expire date) the districts are opening up and not wait till 31 July.

Am I the only person who suspects the sub-districts will not be opening up before the 31st July (or at least not all of them) ? Otherwise why is the visa amnesty not being extended to 31st May, or 30th June ? Do the immigration know something we don’t ?

3 hours ago, Agusts said:

Well, that's good to know, I will give it a go next week..

But I'm more worried about getting back to my condo, that could also be a problem, did your friend had any issue with that ...?  The same policeman may not be there to recognise you and let you back through blockade - I like to call it blockade, because it is really that, nuts.... !!! ? vince with this crazy sub-district restriction,  as loonies have taken over the asylum...!...

No problem !!! He just said he's living in Rawai and was coming back from Immigration
I suggested to bring with him a copy of the address notification to have an address proof, but he did not need it

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Agusts said:

@Psimbo I thought you didn't mind any of these restrictions and thought it was all fine, and can go through 10 checkpoints without and issues, as you said in another post, so what are you worried about... ! ????

I suggest you read what I said in the other post - if I do not have to travel I will not. I am quite happy with the restrictions as they stand. I was allowed through the checkpoints as I had a valid reason and would not have been allowed through if I didn't. The comment about getting through the checkpoints was that it was hassle-free.

I was seeking clarification on whether or not things could be done as and when restrictions are lifted. Fortunately this question has been answered by the person in the know.

You are on the edge of me reporting your post for trolling- I suggest you stick with the topic in hand.

6 hours ago, merijn said:

Thanks as always for the useful clarification- falls in line with what I was thinking.

for some of us, lockdown partially lifted:::

The announcement to lift the lockdown followed the meeting of the Phuket Communicable Disease Committee earlier today (Apr 28).

The areas that will remain under quarantine are:

1. Patong: Bangla Rd
  2. Cherng Talay: Bang Tao Moo Baan 2, 3 and 5
  3. Koh Kaew: Moo Baan Prachasamakhee, in Moo  2
    – All three areas to have checkpoints on the roads into and out of the area, proactive screening and strict measures for residents to refrain from leaving their homes
  4. Rassada: Moo 2, Soi Bang Chee Lao
  5. Chao Fa Garden Village, in Wichit
    – both areas to have proactive screening and strict measures for residents to refrain from leaving their homes

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-tambon-lockdown-lifted-apart-from-five-key-areas-75885.php?fbclid=IwAR0xHd2oLAwenAfmEugJ_ofktFj14HnHYbFRFscEdequzyccneIZsZpxeSk

• Like 2

19 hours ago, taxin said:

Otherwise why is the visa amnesty not being extended to 31st May, or 30th June ? Do the immigration know something we don’t ?

NOT being extended?

On 4/27/2020 at 12:53 PM, JetsetBkk said:

On 4/27/2020 at 3:03 PM, JetsetBkk said:

From the web site:

From an email I received from a Phuket Immigration Volunteer:

The ministry just put out an announcement, that all visas will be extended to the 31st of July 2020. This includes Retirement, Marriage, Non-O, tourist and 90 day reporting.

The information was in the newpaper and I believe they have put it on the
Immigration website as well!

Hope this helps put your mind at ease a bit? Take care and stay safe!

I will be going for my marriage extension as normal when it's due around mid June. If peoples annual extensions are due before the 31st of July, why would you not go as normal and do them rather than wait till the chaos on 1st of August??.

Edited by PST