Phuket Immigration Latest

pagallim

55 minutes ago, PST said:

I will be going for my marriage extension as normal when it's due around mid June. If peoples annual extensions are due before the 31st of July, why would you not go as normal and do them rather than wait till the chaos on 1st of August??.

If you have to possibility you should renew your extension as normal.

The amnesty is mainly for people who don't have a possibility to go to the immigration office or to leave the country.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, merijn said:

If you have to possibility you should renew your extension as normal.

The amnesty is mainly for people who don't have a possibility to go to the immigration office or to leave the country.

Yes, i agree, but if the Tambons open up which is looking likely, then everyone should then be able to visit immigration as normal. I understand people who are doing border runs etc would use the Amnesty.

• Like 1

Merijn, can you please confirm or correct this.

Friday 1 May Phuket's lockdown is finished so nearly everybody can reach immigration again. But due to it being labour day immigration will be closed.

Monday 4 May immigration will be closed due to it being Coronation Day.

Tuesday 5 May immigration open

Wednesday 6 May closed due to Visakha Bucha

Thursday 7 May open

Friday 8 May open

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, PST said:

Yes, i agree, but if the Tambons open up which is looking likely, then everyone should then be able to visit immigration as normal. I understand people who are doing border runs etc would use the Amnesty.

This was the point I tried to make that may have been misunderstood. I’m surprised why the amnesty period is so long, right the way through to July 31st.

Immediately after I questioned this the tambon lockdowns were lifted, so as of 1st May just about everyone in Phuket (with the exception of some in the red zones) can visit the immigration.

OK it’s understandable the immigration office don’t want to be mobbed on the 1st May, but the period of the amnesty (3 months) seems long and kind of goes against the norm. Similar to the emergency decree, you would expect them to give a date of 31st May, assess a few days before and then possibly extend to 30th June, and so on.

My concern is so many people will leave it until 1st August, either out of sheer laziness, or because they are simply under the impression they are not allowed to go there until the 1st August.

I can see another announcement coming soon from Phuket immigration..

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Merijn, can you please confirm or correct this.

Friday 1 May Phuket's lockdown is finished so nearly everybody can reach immigration again. But due to it being labour day immigration will be closed.

Monday 4 May immigration will be closed due to it being Coronation Day.

Tuesday 5 May immigration open

Wednesday 6 May closed due to Visakha Bucha

Thursday 7 May open

Friday 8 May open

and Monday 11 May - Closed for Ploughing day

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, taxin said:

This was the point I tried to make that may have been misunderstood. I’m surprised why the amnesty period is so long, right the way through to July 31st.

Immediately after I questioned this the tambon lockdowns were lifted, so as of 1st May just about everyone in Phuket (with the exception of some in the red zones) can visit the immigration.

OK it’s understandable the immigration office don’t want to be mobbed on the 1st May, but the period of the amnesty (3 months) seems long and kind of goes against the norm. Similar to the emergency decree, you would expect them to give a date of 31st May, assess a few days before and then possibly extend to 30th June, and so on.

My concern is so many people will leave it until 1st August, either out of sheer laziness, or because they are simply under the impression they are not allowed to go there until the 1st August.

The 3-month automatic visa extension is for all of Thailand. It has nothing to do with the tambon lockdown in Phuket. 

16 minutes ago, trappedinasia said:

The 3-month automatic visa extension is for all of Thailand. It has nothing to do with the tambon lockdown in Phuket. 

At what point did I say it was only Phuket that was offering the 3 months extension ?

This is a thread about Phuket Immigration in the Phuket forum, the tambon lock down has a lot to do with it as Phuket is (or was until today) the only province to have a tambon lockdown.

As long as this is a Phuket related thread about Phuket Immigration I will continue to refer to “Phuket” and not “Thailand”.

3 hours ago, taxin said:

The amnesty is really introduced for the people who are stuck in Thailand and can't leave the country.

As the travel ban is extended til at least 31 May it makes sense to have the amnesty till a later date.

In this way they also don't have any issues if the travel ban is extended in the future.

It is always sad that people (on long term extensions) should try to do their extension whenever possible and don't relay on the amnesty.

If they come after 31 July they will have most probable overstay.

5 hours ago, taxin said:

At what point did I say it was only Phuket that was offering the 3 months extension ?

This is a thread about Phuket Immigration in the Phuket forum, the tambon lock down has a lot to do with it as Phuket is (or was until today) the only province to have a tambon lockdown.

As long as this is a Phuket related thread about Phuket Immigration I will continue to refer to “Phuket” and not “Thailand”.

Yeah, exactly, this is a Phuket thread, so that's why I'd like to see information about Phuket and not absurd theories about what the national government is thinking. The national gov is not basing their immigration policy on one tiny province. The national gov didn't give a three-month extension because they thought the Phuket lockdown would last through July. LOL

As you wrote:

"Am I the only person who suspects the sub-districts will not be opening up before the 31st July (or at least not all of them) ? Otherwise why is the visa amnesty not being extended to 31st May, or 30th June ? Do the immigration know something we don’t ?"

Yes, you were the only person who suspected that the sub-districts would not be opening up before July 31st, because everyone else knows that the visa amnesty is unrelated to the Phuket tambon lockdown. You really thought the national government bases its entire immigration policy on a few people on a little island in a remote part of the country?

You are confused about a lot of things. People are trying to explain things to you, but you don't listen. 

2 hours ago, trappedinasia said:

Yeah, exactly, this is a Phuket thread, so that's why I'd like to see information about Phuket and not absurd theories about what the national government is thinking. The national gov is not basing their immigration policy on one tiny province. The national gov didn't give a three-month extension because they thought the Phuket lockdown would last through July. LOL

As you wrote:

"Am I the only person who suspects the sub-districts will not be opening up before the 31st July (or at least not all of them) ? Otherwise why is the visa amnesty not being extended to 31st May, or 30th June ? Do the immigration know something we don’t ?"

Yes, you were the only person who suspected that the sub-districts would not be opening up before July 31st, because everyone else knows that the visa amnesty is unrelated to the Phuket tambon lockdown. You really thought the national government bases its entire immigration policy on a few people on a little island in a remote part of the country?

You are confused about a lot of things. People are trying to explain things to you, but you don't listen. 

Your original response did not explain anything I did not know, I’m fully aware the 3 month amnesty is Thailand wide.

Your follow up also does not explain anything I’m unaware of, I’m not that stupid as to think the national government bases its entire immigration policy on a few people on an island.

You are merely guessing that posters on this forum are not aware of what is going on and trying to correct, when in fact it’s not warranted. You have contributed absolutely nothing in your responses.

So staying on topic and lock down aside (as it’s been lifted anyway), does the 31st July seem quite a long amnesty period, seeing as everything else (emergency decree, booze bans, airport closures etc) are decided and updated on a month to month basis ?

11 hours ago, taxin said:

Your original response did not explain anything I did not know, I’m fully aware the 3 month amnesty is Thailand wide.

Your follow up also does not explain anything I’m unaware of, I’m not that stupid as to think the national government bases its entire immigration policy on a few people on an island.

You are merely guessing that posters on this forum are not aware of what is going on and trying to correct, when in fact it’s not warranted. You have contributed absolutely nothing in your responses.

So staying on topic and lock down aside (as it’s been lifted anyway), does the 31st July seem quite a long amnesty period, seeing as everything else (emergency decree, booze bans, airport closures etc) are decided and updated on a month to month basis ?

I would not count on it being lifted. The governor said so on the 28th but the PM signed a new order yesterday

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tarukhtah said:

So last night the Phuket province governor stated that the checkpoinst will remain closed until further notice. So still we can't go to immigration, right? Anyway, plenty of holidays coming.

just been confirmed that Tambons re-open tonight at midnight

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PST said:

just been confirmed that Tambons re-open tonight at midnight

Where was that confirmed, because just 3 hours ago Phuket News published this:

All Phuket lockdown orders remain in effect until further notice

https://www.thephuketnews.com/all-phuket-lockdown-orders-remain-in-effect-until-further-notice-75901.php

This from the PM which cancels out all Provincial Governor notices.

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Where was that confirmed, because just 3 hours ago Phuket News published this:

All Phuket lockdown orders remain in effect until further notice

https://www.thephuketnews.com/all-phuket-lockdown-orders-remain-in-effect-until-further-notice-75901.php

This from the PM which cancels out all Provincial Governor notices.

The last 45 mins or so, in PN and TT

• Like 1

So, I just talked with the police officers. They say...

* The airport might not be closed. I told them it's everywhere that'll be closed till 16th. They say not sure about this, maybe this will u-turn

* They say foreigners no need to register anywhere to go out of the province. That only applies to Thai.

* They say cannot register any more, deadline expired yesterday.

Just now, Tarukhtah said:

So, I just talked with the police officers. They say...

* The airport might not be closed. I told them it's everywhere that'll be closed till 16th. They say not sure about this, maybe this will u-turn

* They say foreigners no need to register anywhere to go out of the province. That only applies to Thai.

* They say cannot register any more, deadline expired yesterday.

OK, you have to use your own judgement.   However, you really need to go to your Tessabaan whenever it is next open, which would appear to be on Tuesday 5th May.

Yes. As usual all the information is contradictory. I went to the other checkpoint. I was pointed to the "big" immigration boss in the check point. He told me:
* Both Thai nationals and Non-Thai need to register (the oposite as the other checkpoint)

* No way the airport opens before May 16th, ( the oposite as the other checkpoint)

* We can register any time online. Pointed us the Facebook account but the facebook account says they do not have the registration app/link/website whatever is ready yet. 

11 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

dont shoot the messenger;

complete contradiction to the before mentioned amnesty.

Phuket Immigration confirms B500 a day overstay fines are being levied

This is BS.   Look at the date that news article was printed, 23rd March!!!   All visas/extensions/90 day reports have since automatically been extended until 31st July, so there will not be any penalty levied for hypothetical overstay until that date.

• Like 1