Phuket Immigration Latest

pagallim

Just now, Badrabbit said:

My 90 day is due in 2 weeks can I do or not bother until next one? I would rather go and do it if it's possible, I don't live far from Immigration so it's not inconvenient at all.

Immigration appear to be operating as normal presently, and like you I intend to be there for my next report later this month.   That removes any doubt of potential change of interpretation.

7 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Immigration appear to be operating as normal presently, and like you I intend to be there for my next report later this month.   That removes any doubt of potential change of interpretation.

Exactly what I was thinking, tried to do online but does not work.

Anyone have a working link to do the 90 day online? I have tried but when clicking submit the form returns minus the "I'm a robot code" tried a few times but same problem.

The address I'm using is extranet which gives you the 90 day report form. 

Edited by Badrabbit

2 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Anyone have a working link to do the 90 day online? I have tried but when clicking submit the form returns minus the "I'm a robot code" tried a few times but same problem.

Ten days ago I used this link :

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

It worked without any problem with Chrome.

Check to be sure to try between 7 - 15 days before your 90 days expires

12 minutes ago, federicoP said:

Ten days ago I used this link :

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

It worked without any problem with Chrome.

Check to be sure to try between 7 - 15 days before your 90 days expires

Just tried, messege box says "contact your local immigration office" oh well I'll go in person.

On 5/4/2020 at 4:58 AM, Badrabbit said:

You might also try a different browser. On my MacBook I've never been able to get past the first screen using Chrome (my preferred browser) or Firefox. I don't know why, but Safari always works for me for both the 90 day and TM30 reports. 

3 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Did my 90 day this morning(Phuket) in and out in a few minutes.

Same same here- 1 vehicle ahead of me in the queue. I wanted to get the 90 day even with the amnesty as  things can change rapidly. Parked up after, went round and got the forms for my next extension and back on the road within minutes. 

For those who saw doom, gloom and hordes of people camped out in the place it was fairly quiet, maybe 7 people at Room 103. The big canopy tent is still in the car park but all the chairs are stacked up inside. All 3 IOs I interacted with were mellow and friendly. 

Mind you I've never had the issues some people here seem to have with them- must be my charm and good looks. ????

• Like 2

My retirement extension was expiring yesterday (8th) and I found myself unable to go past that date without an evident permission to stay, despite amnesties.

I initially tried on Thursday, but one look at the large crowds sent me back home.

Back yesterday morning, much less people outside 103 despite lines of cars clogging the driveway just to report their presence. A (real) police car, apparently there for a problem in the migrant workers tent, didn't help things by parking in the driveway adjacent to the reporting window.

Agree with a previous poster, the staff outside 103 were extremely helpful and patient with the many who came there, not just for extensions, but for assurances their particular visa situation was ok.

I didn't notice any particularly charming people there, apart from the hardworking staff, and good looks are a moot thing in this age of surgical masks.

My extension was processed quickly, but with one glitch. They required a photocopy of the new stamps they put in my replacement passport, and the copying center was closed. This caused some delay.

Passport to be picked up on Tuesday.

• Like 2

I also renewed my 1 year retirement extension last week at Phuket room 103, plus a single re-entry permission in other room, though not sure when I will use that,  but valid for a year....!

While I was inside room 103 waiting to take my photo a guy came in and handed over his document, he mentioned to the IO office,  I couldn't come before. The officer looked at his passport and said:  "that's okay, because of covid19, no problem....". 

Then the guy turned to me, as I was looking curiously, and said: "my extension expired 26 April, but I couldn't come from Patong". So about two weeks late and no problem, I don't think the officer checked to see if he was in Patong,  and I doubt it matters. I think at least im Phuket they are generally relaxed about late applications and say no problem. 

Although most of sub-districts lockdowns are removed now, so go at your leisure,  they don't penalise a bit late applications as far as I could tell..., until further reports this one is a first hand info ...

Edited by Agusts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Much what I was thinking. So I have to sit next to a high covid risk person (taxi driver) in a metal box to go and come back from Phuket Town and pay him something like 500 Baht each way for the privilege and then mingle in with a load of other risk at immigration?

The blue busses aren't running yet are they? Sitting in the back of one of those red tuk tuk style taxi's seems the only other option.

I read on the main Thai immigration page that 90 day reports are not necessary yet but I also read Phuket immigration say it is. 

Seriously, I have to be exposed to all this risk just to do some stupid 90 day thing? I am in the high risk age group (65) yet they don't seem to give a stuff.

I tried the online method. Firefox, Chrome and Safari but as expected, total rubbish.

I can't use Internet Explorer etc as I have a mac. 

Harry

6 hours ago, Harrywonka said:

Much what I was thinking. So I have to sit next to a high covid risk person (taxi driver) in a metal box to go and come back from Phuket Town and pay him something like 500 Baht each way for the privilege and then mingle in with a load of other risk at immigration?

The blue busses aren't running yet are they? Sitting in the back of one of those red tuk tuk style taxi's seems the only other option.

I read on the main Thai immigration page that 90 day reports are not necessary yet but I also read Phuket immigration say it is. 

Seriously, I have to be exposed to all this risk just to do some stupid 90 day thing? I am in the high risk age group (65) yet they don't seem to give a stuff.

I tried the online method. Firefox, Chrome and Safari but as expected, total rubbish.

I can't use Internet Explorer etc as I have a mac. 

Harry

Firstly, it'll be more than 500 Bt each way.

In a tuk-tuk, you will be isolated from the driver if you don't sit up front.

Immigration is virtually empty, but, you use the drive-thru booth. You don't even have to get out of the tuk-tuk. Takes two minutes.

7 hours ago, Harrywonka said:

I read on the main Thai immigration page that 90 day reports are not necessary 

Harry

As you've said, It's stated on their web page that the reports aren't required. What more do you need?

If you really feel you are risking your life and wallet to travel to town just to report, why not take a chance in life and forget about it? If they're lying to the public on their web page (!) the worse they can do is fine you, it's not a hanging nor deportation offence to miss a report.

I took them at their word and didn't report when due last month, they simply issued me with a new date when I went there for other reasons last week.

If you are still unable to sleep at night over this matter ring the hotline at the bottom of their web page, unless you think that is also some conspiracy to catch you out.

imm.JPG

I drove by the Patong Immigration branch yesterday, and like the rest of Patong, it seemed deserted. But as you know, you can't see inside the office from the street. Why not call? The website says their number is 076-340-477

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Was there yesterday and they told me that people on extensions must continue with 90 day reports.

Up to you whether you do it, or not.

Did you ask why that advice was contrary to official government policy?

Considering that normally it is mainly only people on long stay extensions who have do these reports it doesn't make sense that they would be excepted from the ruling.

2 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Did you ask why that advice was contrary to official government policy?

Considering that normally it is mainly only people on long stay extensions who have do these reports it doesn't make sense that they would be excepted from the ruling.

No, didn't ask. I was on my way out when he said it.

Frankly, I don't see the problem. With the drive-thru which takes two minutes in conjunction with the three week window to do it in, it can be done when you do other business in Phuket Town. Easy. Don't think you even need to do it yourself, you should be able to get someone else to do it for you.

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

Frankly, I don't see the problem. With the drive-thru which takes two minutes in conjunction with the three week window to do it in, it can be done when you do other business in Phuket Town. Easy. Don't think you even need to do it yourself, you should be able to get someone else to do it for you.

Yes, someone else could do it, but one a Thai does it this will easily be seen as an agent, and he will be directed upstairs.

The amnesty is there in case people aren't able to fly home or do a visa run.

Phuket immigration is also using this amnesty for people who aren't able to go to the immigration office for their yearly extension, 90 day reporting, re-entry permit etc.

If you are able to go to the immigration office you should basically handle your immigration issues as normal.

If you don't do the 90 day reporting on time this will most probable not a big deal but they can ask why you didn't do it on time if you where able to go to the immigration office.

As the immigration office is not busy it is not a real problem to do it health wise. 

Specially the 90 day reporting as you can use the drive through option.

Edited by merijn

The 90 day reporting is not required, it is, at least this one, clearly stated and documented , and confirmed by other members on various part of Thailand immigration offices nationwide..., check visa thread.

If you go to the immigration office with your documents in hand, and ask do I need to do my 90 day reporting, sure as hell they say yes, it's a Thai thing. It does not mean anything. You call them on the phone and they say no need... !!! 

Also lost in translation, they told you to do it, you could have asked my friend can not come to the office does he have to do 90 day, they say no need...!!!

My friend did not do his 90 day reporting last week,  went to IO in Phuket Town on Tuesday this week for extension,  they didn't say anything, yesterday he got his passport with new 90 day reporting slip attached,  no problem....

Relax, no need for all the stress of going for 90 day reporting, not needed...

(P.S. Patong immigration is closed as I passed by on Tuesday this week...)

Excellent! Thank you Agusts. I imagine that sums it up perfectly.

I was out walking today at 2pm. Yes, sure enough, Patong immigration office closed and looks like like it's been closed quite a while judging by all the dust and stuff lying about outside. Fair enough considering there is pretty much nothing for them to do at the moment.

Stuck on the door is the sign in the attached images, which confirms what it says on the immigration website.

Harry

IMG_5847.jpg

IMG_5844.jpg

IMG_5843.jpg

Edited by Harrywonka

22 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

This discussion started because a guy finds it very expensive to travel there to do it.

For most of us It was impossible to get to the IO in April because of lockdowns, so I took them at their word it wasn't required. There were no consequences when I did get there in May for an extension.

My wife has been turned away in the past when doing a report for me, because "there is a drive through now everyone can come".  She had to go home on her bike and both of us travel there in the car. 

As a retiree the only other business I ever have in town are hospital visits. The appointments have never coincided with immigration reporting. (Before anyone brings it up, mine has never worked on line, and I seem to recall someone tried it by post here on Phuket, but it was declined. Cant remember the poster's name!)

Edited by Old Croc

Not at all, this discussion came about because someone went to IO with documents in hand and ask should I do my 90 day reporting, and they said yes...! Then came on this forum and told everyone they "must" go and do it or else..., and a few others got behind it.

This topic is beaten to death on visa thread,  just about everybody and soi dogs confirmed and agreed there is no need to do 90 day reporting until 31 July.

Now if you want to do it and/or done it great, good for you, big medal, hang it around your neck, but not a good idea to spread false info that it is a "must".... , hope we can put this to rest.

• Like 1