BANGKOK
phuketrichard

14 days self quarrantine for all foreigners entering the Kingdom

and so ends tourism for Cambodia;

Foreigners wishing to enter the Kingdom amid the global COVID-19 outbreak are now required to self-quarantine for two weeks after arriving in the country, according to an immigration official.

“Foreigners must be certified they are COVID-19 free,” General Keo Vanthan, spokesman for the General Immigration Department, said today. “They must have $50,000 in a personal bank account [for health insurance]. They must also be quarantined for 14 days [here].”

Gen Vanthan said immigration officials started implementing the requirements on March 31.

“Until now, there has been no [arriving] foreigner placed under quarantine,” he said.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50710311/14-days-self-quarrantine-for-all-foreigners-entering-the-kingdom/

i wonder if the Chinese are held to this?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

$50,000 USD to cover healthcare!  By this time next year tourism will no longer be a contributor to the Cambodian economy if they do not revamp the visa requirements to make it easier...

Edited by Puchaiyank

2 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

$50,000 USD to cover healthcare!  By this time next year tourism will no longer be a contributor to the Thai economy if they do not revamp the visa requirements to make it easier...

Cambodia ....

• Like 1

Quiet easy to forge bank statements, no biggy.

Don't the Chinese own Cambodia now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Strange requirements.

Why would I keep 50k USD in a bank account at zero interest instead of having the money work for me? I have not seen that rule for other countries. Would have been nice if they accepted health insurance with proper cover as an alternative.

Thailands requirements, once they open the country up again, seem like heaven on earth compared to that with only health insurance required.

Still do not know how to do that covid test in Europe, but time will tell. We need to wait anyway.

Prasac in Cambodia pays up to 8% interest on a 1 year fixed deposit

try and get that in ur country!!

These stringent new ENTRY requirements for CAMBODIA only apply to any foreigner wishing to ENTER the Kingdom during the current virus threat. They do not apply to foreigners resident in the Kingdom. There are still a few international flights INTO Phnom Penh. Tourists stranded here have no worries, the Cambodian Government has allowed them to use their existing TVs until they are able to fly back to their home country. No need for any extensions and visits to Immigration.  For foreign residents needing visa renewals or extensions, it is business as normal (very simple and no queues) through official civilian visa agencies and, ultimately, immigration in Phnom Penh.

13 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

These stringent new ENTRY requirements for CAMBODIA only apply to any foreigner wishing to ENTER the Kingdom during the current virus threat. They do not apply to foreigners resident in the Kingdom. There are still a few international flights INTO Phnom Penh. Tourists stranded here have no worries, the Cambodian Government has allowed them to use their existing TVs until they are able to fly back to their home country. No need for any extensions and visits to Immigration.  For foreign residents needing visa renewals or extensions, it is business as normal (very simple and no queues) through official civilian visa agencies and, ultimately, immigration in Phnom Penh.

The problem I see as it stands right now is "You can not get there from here, as the borders are closed" or am I being misled.....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

The problem I see as it stands right now is "You can not get there from here, as the borders are closed" or am I being misled.....

No, they are indeed closed. And flights in are on hold as well at least till end of the month.

Cambodia is in an interesting position in that it appears to have fully contained the virus for now but risks altering that the second they open their borders.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

That is correct, borders are closed with the exception of Pnom Penh airport where special entry arrangements, including the strict new regulations, are there for certain foreigners (not tourists) who need to enter the Kingdom.

4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

No, they are indeed closed. And flights in are on hold as well at least till end of the month.

Cambodia is in an interesting position in that it appears to have fully contained the virus for now but risks altering that the second they open their borders.

There are still some international flights to/from Phnom Penh. Today Tuesday 7 April, there were flights arriving from Malaysia (KL). China, Macau, South Korea (Seoul) and Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh) (ref: cambodia airports arrivals/departures).

Posted (edited)

Smart idea. Cambodia has 115 cases. About 100 were imported and the others caught from the importers.  Covid seems not to be circulating among the communities and has been contained.... for the time being.

But the heath system is weak and would be easily overwhelmed. And covid can get out of control quickly.

As Covid case numbers increase in many other countries better restrict the main supply of new cases in Cambodia.

Edited by Ketyo