BANGKOK
phuketrichard

14 days self quarrantine for all foreigners entering the Kingdom

Well that is exactly the thinking but of course closed borders come at a price.

I expect they will open to neighboring countries (VN, Thailand) before they open to people from other countries and they will do this only when  satisfied that both countries have the spread under control and are also implementing  ban on incoming travelers from outside the immediate region.

Given the state of the epidemic in US and Europe likely a long time before nationals from there can enter Cambodia.

Good interest rates in Cambodia & Laos.

Self quarantine is about as useless as breasts on a bull unless you are responsible 

as has been witnessed in Thailand, Responsible to head to Cambodia at this time ?

I think not 

Covid is not being reported in Cambodia and i seriously doubt more than  a handful have been tested.

because He does not want it to be

why would he declare a state of emergency

why would he cancel khmer new years

Why close the borders (well he didn't; vietnam, laos and Thailand did ) 🙂

if all was safe.

How many people were close to the people off the cruise liner he allowed to dock

How many thousands of Chinese were flying in over the past 3 months, (an still are)

Think about it

I dont believe what the goverment is telling us here in Thailand and i sure as hell wouldn't trust anything out out of the Cambodian goverment..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2020 at 9:26 PM, phuketrichard said:

Covid is not being reported in Cambodia and i seriously doubt more than  a handful have been tested.

because He does not want it to be

why would he declare a state of emergency

why would he cancel khmer new years

Why close the borders (well he didn't; vietnam, laos and Thailand did ) 🙂

if all was safe.

How many people were close to the people off the cruise liner he allowed to dock

How many thousands of Chinese were flying in over the past 3 months, (an still are)

Think about it

I dont believe what the goverment is telling us here in Thailand and i sure as hell wouldn't trust anything out out of the Cambodian goverment..

Khmer New years has been canceled.

A ban by government on people flying in and out is in place

And the border ban for entry i(as opposed to exit) s a Cambodian decision.

Cambdia has not only taking strong measures, so womeuld say draconian ones.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Cambdia has not only taking strong measures, so womeuld say draconian ones.

As I understand it lots of non-essential shops are still open, they're leaving the owners to decide whether to close. Some venues have been closed, but someone here reported they can still go out for a social drink in Siem Reap.

Because it was never more than a focal outbreak efforts are on containment not nationwide lockdown.  People returning form abroad and contacts of known cases are put into forceable confinement.

Quite extensive measures -- of a sort that would be impossible in a democracy -- were used to track down and "apprehend" everyone falling into these 2 categories.

• Like 2