Pattaya: Neighbors save handicapped Swedish pensioner from burning condo - reasons for fire unclear

webfact

Pattaya: Neighbors save handicapped Swedish pensioner from burning condo - reasons for fire unclear

3pm1.jpg

Pattaya police, fire and rescue services were called to the Majestic Condo on Soi Wat Bun Kanchanaram yesterday morning after fire broke out in Room 239 on the second floor of the five story building. 

The authorities found 75 year old Swedish man Albert W. lying outside the burning room. He uses crutches to get about. He was rushed to hospital.

The fire was brought under control within 15 minutes. Police surveyed the scene. The whole flat was damaged but there appeared to be severe burning by a sofa.

A neighbor called Buan, 40, said she heard what she thought was a husband and wife arguing. 

Then at 7 am she heard more noises and saw smoke coming out of the room. 

3pm.jpg

She entered and tried to drag the man out but he was too heavy. She enlisted the help of other neighbors to drag him out to safety. 

Police are looking into the cause of the blaze and will interview the Swedish man to find out what happened.

They are yet to offer an opinion about the reason for the fire. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-07

Seems to me he didn't want her to have it. Lots of men put their property in their wives names. Now where will he sleep? Charcoal is probably good for keeping the virus out but breathing it in while sleeping wouldn't help him or her.

10 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Crazed Thai wife seems to be the conclusion,until my present gf i had never really seen one blow up,when she did it was akin to Krakatoa going up.

Yep!  My first thought was of crazy wife setting sofa on fire before storming out.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

Seems to me he didn't want her to have it. Lots of men put their property in their wives names. Now where will he sleep? Charcoal is probably good for keeping the virus out but breathing it in while sleeping wouldn't help him or her.

It’s a condo. So maybe in his name? Maybe she didn’t want him to have it?

17 hours ago, webfact said:

They are yet to offer an opinion about the reason for the fire. 

All they need to do is look at this thread, and I'm sure they will eventually find a plethora of opinions about it -- many snide and unkind ones, I'm sure. 

2 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Yep!  My first thought was of crazy wife setting sofa on fire before storming out.

Funny, I was more thinking about he fell asleep on the sofa with a lit cigarette. Happened to my old dad, and the bed was on fire. But he managed to escape.  

20 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

Seems to me that what you posted in quesswork and hyperbole.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2020 at 2:54 PM, marko kok prong said:

Crazed Thai wife seems to be the conclusion,until my present gf i had never really seen one blow up,when she did it was akin to Krakatoa going up.

Hell hath no fury like a Thai woman scorned. (Or words to that effect.)

• Like 1