What do you dream of?

Lacessit

18 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Am I regressing to a simpler and happier time, as an escape from what is happening in the world today? What do you dream of?

I dream a lot of being back on the ward, but never happy and definitely not a simple time- more like nightmares.

I never used to dream of sex, but recently I have, though I never get to a happy ending.

I rarely remember my dreams, but the ones I do are usually barking.

Sometimes I wonder if the things I remember are reality or some dream I had.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

when you are no longer yourself but a vegetable,

you do understand that there can be a decade long process that begins slowly... and there are many phases... 

maybe make some directives now so that your wife doesn't ruin her life caring for you... the tough part is who makes the decision... 

let me ask you this: At what % of loss of intellect do you want to relinquish power of your finances and life decisions? If you have 10% of your current IQ do you want to give up financial independence? 

1 minute ago, kenk24 said:

let me ask you this: At what % of loss of intellect do you want to relinquish power of your finances and life decisions? If you have 10% of your current IQ do you want to give up financial independence? 

I do not know how to answer these questions.
The best is to be direct.

We have been married for 15 years;
my wife has always been in charge of the family budget.
She knows how much I touch monthly;

She also knows that she cannot spend more than that each month.
the day I can no longer do anything, it is she and her children with whom relations are ..

They are my family; what to write more ..
well this day, she will take the helm.

Besides my pension, I have nothing;
the house, the pickup do not belong to me ...
Life is good when money is not its engine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Assurancetourix said:

Life is good when money is not its engine

Very noble, but how about freedom? 

My father was not only unable to care for himself but he was so difficult, nobody could care for him... we paid for 24/7 care because we knew he wanted to remain in his own home... and that was not sustainable. His last 3 months were spent in a very nice nursing home which he would try and escape from... 

Most nights I dream I am in a vast labyrinth of a building of some sort (different every time, factory, school, shopping centre etc) and I am looking for a toilet.

Every time I see a sign for a toilet I go in but it's always unusable. This can seem to take ages, but then I wake up and go for a pee. Fortunately :).

• Haha 1