What do you dream of?

Lacessit

On 4/7/2020 at 10:47 AM, Lacessit said:

In these bad times, I now find myself dreaming of parents, friends and neighbors – some who are long dead, who I knew as a child. When I see them, I am an adult talking to them as if they are unchanged from my childhood.

Am I regressing to a simpler and happier time, as an escape from what is happening in the world today? What do you dream of?

You might be dead    OMG

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Very noble, but how about freedom? 

My father was not only unable to care for himself but he was so difficult, nobody could care for him... we paid for 24/7 care because we knew he wanted to remain in his own home... and that was not sustainable. His last 3 months were spent in a very nice nursing home which he would try and escape from... 

Do you live in Isaan ?

I'm living in a very little village since 14 years .

I'll die in our house as my father in law did ...

And everybody in our great family will take care of me until the last second ..

After that I''ll be burnt in the wat of the village which is 300 meters from our house and my ashes will be disperse in the Mekong in Phon Pisai , not far from Owl village .

• Like 1

Last night I dreamed I was in some strange prison. It was a bit retro. It probably has to do with thinking about being stuck indoors all day. Sadly most of my dreams in my life end in some sort of failure for me or horror. I guess it shows my outlook at things. If I dream of sex, something will keep me away from the woman who is ready to go in the dream.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

Most nights I dream I am in a vast labyrinth of a building of some sort (different every time, factory, school, shopping centre etc) and I am looking for a toilet.

Every time I see a sign for a toilet I go in but it's always unusable. This can seem to take ages, but then I wake up and go for a pee. Fortunately :).

Better than finding one , the pleasure and release of having a pee, THEN waking up !!!......in a wet bed ! ???? that would be a nightmare !. ????????

• Haha 1

On 4/8/2020 at 5:07 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Sometimes I wonder if the things I remember are reality or some dream I had.

Suddenly I awoke. Now I do not know whether it was then I dreamed I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man. .......Chuang Chou-4th century BC

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

Do you live in Isaan ?

I'm living in a very little village since 14 years .

I'll die in our house as my father in law did ..

Not Isaan but a small family village in North Central... and have been there nearing 20 years... 

The thing to consider is that you are not your father in law... you are much further travelled and predicting that when you are down to your last brain cells, how you might act, this is not easy... it is the same for me... our scope is larger. At least mine is... I value control of my finances and independence. 

Funny story - there was an older demented fellow in my village. He loved to ride his bike but would get lost. So, they took away his bike. He would just walk around until he found another bike then take that for a ride.. they eventually gave him his bike back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dreaming is a natural function, nightmares are normal too (not comfortable but a normal expression of experience). Sometimes we don't know we have dreamt sometimes we do.

Challenges, changes to our 'normal' secure lives can stimulate us to dream more.

Dreaming, some say, is a way we attempt to reconcile / work out / finish business from our awake lives that we can't or haven't finished yet. Everything in a dream is significant and the relationship between these elements are also salient.

If you want to explore dreams make a conscious decision to wake as soon as the dream is finished. Get a book and pen set aside at the bed. Each night before sleep make the decision to wake and write. You will then wake and write the dreams in your Dream Diary and return to sleep.

Then you can share these with a psychotherapy professional who can help you process and discover the meanings of your dreams.

Unlike Freudian and Jungian therapists I as a Gestalt therapist don't believe all dream elements refer to a rigid list of archetypal elements flying means this, water means that (notice I don't define what these mean) and are therefore fixed in their meanings.

Each dream is particular to that person, and the relationships between the elements of the dream and the life of the person are therefore always subjective, subjective in meaning, and unique to them. 

17 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I don't know if this counts, but I am always dreaming when I am awake, it's usually when I have the Mrs bent over, but please don't tell her.

Is that where your signature line comes from ?....5555 ????

• Haha 2

Wish someone would wake me up from this damn dream that i AM IN NOW, to Moderate a forum and all these people just keep causing problems and its a never ending stream of issues/rules/trolls/bickering/fighting and more, its just wont stop ,........WAKE ME UP PLEASE !!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

For quite a while I have considered that I might be dead too... so far, its not too bad... 

Some might say that those of us living here ( CM, CR, etc)  are the WALKING DEAD

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rumak said:

You might be dead    OMG

Don't say that to my GF, she's terrified of ghosts. Won't even go outside after dark unless I am with her. In her logic system, because I don't believe in them, they keep away.

About once a month, she will have a nightmare involving ghosts. She starts whimpering in her sleep. She's happy I am there to wake her up.

Edited by Lacessit

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Wish someone would wake me up from this damn dream that i AM IN NOW, to Moderate a forum and all these people just keep causing problems and its a never ending stream of issues/rules/trolls/bickering/fighting and more, its just wont stop ,........WAKE ME UP PLEASE !!

No. I love schadenfreude.

• Haha 1

On 4/7/2020 at 7:46 AM, Lacessit said:

I'm telling you what I see in my dreams. If you don't want to believe me, your problem, not mine.

You asked what he was dreaming of, and I assume he gave an answer on the question. Not criticising you.

However, I dream of a total stop of complaints on TVF. Yeah, I know. It´s just a dream, and will remain one.

• Confused 1

On 4/8/2020 at 5:34 AM, faraday said:

I've been dreaming a lot about my parents & old friends, some of whom I haven't seen in 40+ years. They're very vivid dreams, almost as if I'm 'there'.

This has been me of late. Dream a lot about friends and my parents. Very, very real. This morning I dreamed that I was in a canoe releasing fish with some New Zealand people when a storm came. 

When I was taking the drug lexapro for depression, I would wake up in a sweat but have the most colorful dreams (vivid colors) you could imagine. I had to stop taking the drug due to this reason as the dreams sometimes turned terrifying and I would scream, waking my wife up.

I enjoy my sleep at night. With covid-19 being on everyone's mind and the worlds state of affairs, it is good to get away from it all for a while.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

You asked what he was dreaming of, and I assume he gave an answer on the question. Not criticising you.

However, I dream of a total stop of complaints on TVF. Yeah, I know. It´s just a dream, and will remain one.

That's a waking dream, we all have things we fantasize about.

My favorite fantasy is winning Tattslotto in Australia, then coming back here and giving generously to Thai people who have been of service to me for comparative peanuts, assuming I can still find them after the coronavirus mess.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

Last night I dreamed I was in some strange prison. It was a bit retro. It probably has to do with thinking about being stuck indoors all day. Sadly most of my dreams in my life end in some sort of failure for me or horror. I guess it shows my outlook at things. If I dream of sex, something will keep me away from the woman who is ready to go in the dream.

You maybe Benny Hill's reincarnation......???? 

51 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

This has been me of late. Dream a lot about friends and my parents. Very, very real. This morning I dreamed that I was in a canoe releasing fish with some New Zealand people when a storm came. 

When I was taking the drug lexapro for depression, I would wake up in a sweat but have the most colorful dreams (vivid colors) you could imagine. I had to stop taking the drug due to this reason as the dreams sometimes turned terrifying and I would scream, waking my wife up.

I enjoy my sleep at night. With covid-19 being on everyone's mind and the worlds state of affairs, it is good to get away from it all for a while.  

I was hypnotised once. It didn't solve my problem and I was aware throughout the procedure, but I had amazing dreams afterwards.