What do you dream of?

Lacessit

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Wish someone would wake me up from this damn dream that i AM IN NOW, to Moderate a forum and all these people just keep causing problems and its a never ending stream of issues/rules/trolls/bickering/fighting and more, its just wont stop ,........WAKE ME UP PLEASE !!

I'm sure you can appreciate we like you just where you are, in your nightmare ????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

More prosaically I dream of a calm end ... in my bed while sleeping ; it would be great ...
What worries me a lot is how will my wife do if I become completely spoiled, if I lose my mind, my memory, the use of my senses, the impossibility of being able to write; become alzheimer ..
How will Sakon's IO react?
Will they send me back to France that I left 15 years ago and where I no longer have any ties; yes, a son who has an apartment too small to accommodate me.

In fact, when you are no longer yourself but a vegetable, I think that all this no longer matters ...

That's one hell of a complex, cheerful dream.

I would have to hear about your nightmares......

3 hours ago, rumak said:

Some might say that those of us living here ( CM, CR, etc)  are the WALKING DEAD

i remember when there were fewer farang around, in Central Thailand... I once made conversation with an older, not too old, Brit who was being led around and catered to by a lovely country lass... he had this happy glazed over look, was walking and talking quite slow.. he had only been here a few weeks... he told me, 'I feel like I have died and gone to heaven' .... 

He was neat but very very overweight... I figured heart attack. 

"Welcome," I said and nodded agreement. 

1 minute ago, transam said:

My girl friend for 23 years.......????

picasabackground-007.jpg.91635c4c02ba7d27cab2f22f8d27b624.jpg

Rough ride....no chance of getting preggers....prospective father-in-law non-existent..registration and road taxes rather steep but better than a mortgage.

Resale value better too...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, transam said:

Are all the army trucks in the background to guard it?

My dream car turned into a nightmare......no happy ending.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Are all the army trucks in the background to guard it?

My dream car turned into a nightmare......no happy ending.

Noooo, that was at the "Bromley Pageant of Motoring", 1500 vehicles...????

Actually, she was a nightmare for many a year, quite a bit of "plastic surgery", plumbing, internal surgical procedures and muscle building to get her in some sort of shape, but in the end she could run fast.....????‍♀️ 

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

i remember when there were fewer farang around, in Central Thailand... I once made conversation with an older, not too old, Brit who was being led around and catered to by a lovely country lass... he had this happy glazed over look, was walking and talking quite slow.. he had only been here a few weeks... he told me, 'I feel like I have died and gone to heaven' .... 

He was neat but very very overweight... I figured heart attack. 

"Welcome," I said and nodded agreement. 

Sounds like the beginning of a Stephen Leather novel.     ????????????

3 hours ago, faraday said:

Sometimes I take Valerian to help me sleep, & always have very vivid dreams. Wake up feeling refreshed too.

I drink Celestial Seasonings Sleepy Time EXTRA Tea w/valerian every night. It is magic. For yrs I have suffered from anxiety and depression as a result of PTSD: night terrors, waking up with clenched fists, restless sleep etc. Was on all manner of meds that messed me up more when awake. Valerian has been such a blessing. Vivid AND peaceful dreams. Really helps in allowing the body and mind get the proper rest it needs. And no groggy after effects. Wake up feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day. And no more synthetic psycho-active chemicals!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

I drink Celestial Seasonings Sleepy Time EXTRA Tea w/valerian every night. It is magic. For yrs I have suffered from anxiety and depression as a result of PTSD: night terrors, waking up with clenched fists, restless sleep etc. Was on all manner of meds that messed me up more when awake. Valerian has been such a blessing. Vivid AND peaceful dreams. Really helps in allowing the body and mind get the proper rest it needs. And no groggy after effects. Wake up feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day. And no more synthetic psycho-active chemicals!

Valerian is good..

• Like 2

I've just seen I have only 1 Valerian tablet left, I always order stuff from iherb - which are very good, but at this present time, I don't want to order from another country.

Anyone know if I can get Valerian here?

Dreams are weird. Mostly we don't remember them. Some memorable ones for me - an alien invasion, a nuclear war, the return of the Hindu Gods; mostly, they're just the usual BS - going into an exam unprepared, that sort of thing. Aware dreaming is pretty cool, you know you fly around or what have you, inevitably I wake up just when it's getting interesting. Oh, and another thing, that feeling of relief when you wake up and you realise it was just a dream; many times I've done something awful or extremely embarrassing in my dream. Hangovers are the opposite, you wake up and it's real.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2020 at 9:56 PM, transam said:

My true love was an Australian Charger ( not the American one which IMO looked ugly ).

Looking at the army vehicles in the background, I used to fix Landrovers and I think they had a design team that did nothing but make it hard to fix them. The Mk 2 was slightly better than the Mk 1s, but not much.

There was a lot of bad language in the workshop, and not just me.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Agreed. I dream of technology stopping in late 70s, before personal computers, internet and the whole social media horror, mobile phones and overpopulation.

You're wrong to put 'mobile phones and overpopulation' in the same sentence. 

If you gave every woman in the world a mobile phone and an internet connection the overpopulation problem would be solved.

Women with Facebook/twitter/Instagram/tiktok accounts don't have time to breed.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1