Young woman's suicide in Patong

xylophone

Yesterday a Thai woman showed me a few pics of a poor Thai woman, living near her, who had committed suicide by hanging, a few days ago.....yet I can find nothing about it in the news or on forums here.

I couldn't help but be moved by this sight, as at 27 yrs old (apparently) what would induce a pretty Thai woman to jump off a building with a rope tied round her neck??

So sad and I wondered if it was due to financial difficulties or affairs of the heart? 

I also wonder if money troubles will see more poor folk take their own lives. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Three female students recently jumped from a bridge in Bangkok.

You will read more and more terrible news like this.

No surprise.

Some will end their life, others will rob you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I was sent these pictures last week and was expecting to read about on TV Phuket Forum but it didn't make it.

Horrible. Waste of life.

I would have liked to have been warned the pics were on their way as it's not the sort of thing I like looking at.

6 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

very sad...if the virus dont get you.....depression, poverty and isolation could.

And quicker than any virus.  They need to stop this ludicrous over reaction and get the economies of the World up and running again, or as sure as eggs are eggs millions will surely die .  China is already up and running and it's catch up time for the rest of the world .  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, xylophone said:

She has another shop in the main road and was angry because the Thai landlord there would not reduce her rent, and so she was basically shutting up that shop and moving out, not a bad thing in these times. In contrast the landlord of the second shop had waived the rent for three months and just asked her to pay electricity and water, which I thought was great.

If landlords are not flexible in this day and age, then hopefully they will get their comeuppance.

I also know of a few around where I live one landlord has given 3 months rent free but another old bag in the same soi, Nothing

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

why doesn't the govt put a moratorium on evictions and rent collection for 6 months?

Some have done it.

Sorry to say TiT .... sad.  But 6 months seems too much. Month or 2  should see folks through this.

Edit - has to be down the chain. Operators also pay rent or bank loan. Easy for those who own land with no debt (like us) but we are in the minority. Tricky

Edited by LivinginKata
  • Like 1

Well, when you don't have money to buy your basic necessities like food,

And there's no one to turn to for help....what will happen?

I am sure her massage services was badly affected during this lockdown.

A lot of Thai don't earn enough on a daily basis.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Sorry to say TiT .... sad.  But 6 months seems too much. Month or 2  should see folks through this.

Edit - has to be down the chain. Operators also pay rent or bank loan. Easy for those who own land with no debt (like us) but we are in the minority. Tricky

Quite true, LiK. 

Who makes the payments on the mortgaged land and buildings during a moratorium? If the banks are mandated to suspend monthly mortgage collections, it could seriously impact their liquidity, causing a whole different set of problems. The only way this works is if the government steps in with a bailout of some sort, which ultimately means the taxpayers shoulder the burden now and in the years to come. 

• Thanks 1

Facebook has loads of posts from people waiting for the 5k from govt, many already declined, they will get desperate if they don't get any money help.

One girl i know is sponsored and is on the farm so she can survive for a few months there. Another girl i know stayed in Pattaya, i pay for food when she needs it.

I know a guy in the UK who committed suicide due to Corona, it's happening all over the world

• Like 1
  • Sad 2