Thailand in curfew: Thousands checked and 1,186 face prosecution for being out

webfact

Thailand in curfew: Thousands checked and 1,186 face prosecution for being out

484512.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Thai media Naew Na published a story that featured some of the main curfew breakers of the first three days who had violated orders to stay home between 10 pm and 4 am. 

They quoted spokesman Lt-Gen Piya Uthayo as saying that 17,755 officers had been mobilized at 923 checkpoints nationwide to enforce the curfew. 

Some 22,675 people and 16,841 vehicles were checked. Many people were coming out with excuses as to why they were out. When pressed their stories fell flat. 

Many were let go with warnings but the police were prosecuting 1,186 people.

Plenty of those arrested were drinkers organizing parties, gamblers or people doing drugs. 

Among the stories was the Bodega Hotel on Samui where three people were arrested after a party was organized for foreign guests. This was reported earlier by Thaivisa

In Chiang Mai 58 young people were stopped for ignoring the curfew. 

In Chiang Rai four teens - some as young as 14 - were caught being out with ganja in their possession. 

In Nakhon Phanom 26 people were caught sneaking across the border into Thailand. They were given 15 day jail terms and will be deported after serving time. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-07

• Haha 1

Do these people actually realise what risk they are taking in breaking the curfew, like a £1000 fine is no laughing matter, even if I was in the UK.

Or, do they really think they can flaunt the law without consequences.

Surely nobody can be that stupid.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Do these people actually realise what risk they are taking in breaking the curfew, like a £1000 fine is no laughing matter, even if I was in the UK.

555!  1186 people are proving your wrong! 

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well what can you expect, when most people here believe laws are only to be obeyed by others.

The me, me, me attitude is pathetic, and dangerous, make all curfew breakers work unpaid in hospitals, helping people with the virus. 

People seem to have the same me me attitude everywhere, Colin. My homeland UK, Australia, USA, European countries, all have their share of such arrogant morons. And if they catch it, no doubt they will want to blame it on someone else, and not their own stupidity.

Disgusting, isn't it?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Plenty of those arrested were drinkers organizing parties, gamblers or people doing drugs.

They have little respect for the normal law, an emergency decree is treated with the same contempt.

10 hours ago, stephenterry said:

In Chiang Mai 58 young people were stopped for ignoring the curfew. Seems like candidates for the Darwin award are numerous here and elsewhere in Thailand. 

Lock em up...

I guess they missed the memo that this deadly virus only attacks at night time..

6 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Never ask here, how stupid can you be? Some people here, take it as a challenge.

It comes down to idiots just sucking the governments @$$ and believing everything they see in world news. Usually in the more poor places (I.e Thailand) it’s easier to control the masses. They don’t ask questions, they snap to attention and they do as their told. This is why you see so many poor and uneducated people that go with the flow. 

Tell them to wear a mask (even though it doesn’t stop the spread of anything) they will all do it like a herd. Tell them they can’t go out past 8pm (which makes no logical sense at all) then they will follow the rules and get upset at others that don’t. It’s a monkey brain. I mean a lot of monkey brains on this thread too. 

Everyone reads mainstream bs and then reacts. I’ve never seen so many weak minds in my life until I started traveling. Crazy how Easily controlled and brainwashed people are. 

But hey, keep spraying that hand sanitizer water all over the streets that will keep the boogieman away.<deleted>

Edited by metisdead
8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, GeniusFarang said:

It comes down to idiots just sucking the governments @$$ and believing everything they see in world news. Usually in the more poor places (I.e Thailand) it’s easier to control the masses. They don’t ask questions, they snap to attention and they do as their told. This is why you see so many poor and uneducated people that go with the flow. 

Tell them to wear a mask (even though it doesn’t stop the spread of anything) they will all do it like a herd. Tell them they can’t go out past 8pm (which makes no logical sense at all) then they will follow the rules and get upset at others that don’t. It’s a monkey brain. I mean a lot of monkey brains on this thread too. 

Everyone reads mainstream bs and then reacts. I’ve never seen so many weak minds in my life until I started traveling. Crazy how Easily controlled and brainwashed people are. 

But hey, keep spraying that hand sanitizer water all over the streets that will keep the boogieman away.<deleted>

Mass movements, right or wrong, have great energy and force. In some situations it is wiser to go with the flow than to be drowned by it. 

Righteousness and prudence are not always compatible. 

As history has shown, as recently as ~100 years ago, that some pandemics are best taken seriously. 

Time will tell for this one. 

In the meantime erring on the side of caution, when the burden is not grievous, may be the better part of wisdom.