BANGKOK
brucec64

Restricting non-residents from a condo

I'm on my condo committee and we have been dealing with making some hard decisions during this pandemic. Several of the residents are pushing to restrict non-residents from entering the building until the situation improves. Does anyone have a similar experience with their building? What measures were taken to limit traffic into the building?

why are non-residents trouble to begin with? they shouldn't be unaccompanied by residents anyway, and if they are accompanied, you have no legal rights to prevent residents from having guests over.

the best you could do is restrict delivery people to stand outside and not enter the common area.

for workers like maintenance repair, air-con cleaning make co-owners jump through hoops like admitting the workers with prior appointment only and asking co-owners to limit non essential maintenance work.

obvious agents showing rooms shouldn't even be a problem during this time  

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

So basically they're afraid of the working girls visiting all the punters locked up in their apartments and bringing in corona? It's a very legit concern. 

Never thought of it that way.  During normal times you can not get into my condo's lobby without a key card, or the door man letting you in.  You would then fill in a register if your a guest, and the resident has to come and get you.  The next sliding glass doors are also key carded, and then so is the elevator to get up to my floor.....it was a pain in the ass when I moved in, but then I am used to it now.

Edited by ThailandRyan

I read somewhere that condos are responding to instructions handed down by the Chonburi Governor, who has no doubt had his own orders from above.

Any tryst will be limited to an al fresco knee trembler before the curfew begins. Wine and roses will have to wait.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

just like many condos, if there are no rules about visitors or guests, there could be unlimited amounts of people hanging out there.  When most people rented or bought a unit, they had some expectation of reasonableness, and not ten people, not every cousin and in law moving in, etc.  All that is besides any issues with virus

• Like 2

14 hours ago, digbeth said:

why are non-residents trouble to begin with? they shouldn't be unaccompanied by residents anyway, and if they are accompanied, you have no legal rights to prevent residents from having guests over.

Perplexed by this post in the present circumstances. We are in an environment of enforced social distancing and lock-down, in an effort to stop an infection rampaging through the country. That would include the condo building, which of course, in reality, could also be locked down as an entity. Legal don't count once a State of Emergency is declared.  

Having your neighbour bring the 'bike from the beach' into the lift as you go up isn't isolation, nor allowing AirBnBs coming and going from heaven knows where. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

as of the beginning of March Non Residents were not allowed into the building I live in.  Only Residents, and every time we leave and then re-enter our temperatures are checked.  We must also wear a mask when outside of our units, and the elevator floors have been taped and broken into 4 quadrants for you to stand in, 1 per quadrant.  Each elevator also has two bottles of hand sanitizer inside on opposite walls, and at the separation line for those quadrants. Deliveries are taken at the front steps for the condo, which has a table set up, this is for all items, mail and such, including food deliveries.  The juristic office then takes control of the mail and such while the grab rider or food panda driver or Big C, or Tesco, or well you get it, wait for us to meet them and pick up our orders.  The issue at hand, as it was explained to all of us, is that they do not know these people and for the safety of the other residents it is not the right time to have non-residents visit

You might not know this but what happens to a resident who has a high temperature? Call the police? Throw then out on the street?

It is a government mandated order to restrict all non essential persons from entering the premisses including workmen to carry out renovations,

and BTW to the OP, being on a committee is considered as work nevermind if you get paid or not, so unless a foreigner has a work permit they're risking having an issues with immigration...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The issue at hand, as it was explained to all of us, is that they do not know these people and for the safety of the other residents it is not the right time to have non-residents visit

because obviously any  residents  could never  get infected themselves, no  logic as  far as  im concerned. You  cannot control the people residents  see OUTSIDE  the building daily, anyone of those could be infected and then its  brought back to the building by the resident, typical example would be any food  seller  nearby gets infected, condo residents  all buy food, result infection spreads thru building.  Waste of time as usual and even more hysteria

Edited by Chazar

1 hour ago, Chazar said:

Throw  them off the balcony

That'll cool them down.