Who's still getting out to ride their bike?

Published 3 weeks ago: The Royal Thai Army this morning began spraying roads in Bangkok with disinfectant to combat the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus . the Royal Thai Army units have been deployed to carry out the daily cleaning from 1am to 5am until the end of March.

Other countries do the same. Search YouTube: truck spraying

I'm wondering if the virus is in the air and if it's completely safe to ride a bike in BKK (with a mask). Some countries have banned cycling.

The guy who had a road accident then, though unknowingly, was positive for covid 19 and consequently over 100 health staff were placed in quaranteen as opposed taking care of sick people does not make you feel selfish!!!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Surprisingly, but then again perhaps not, while most cyclists I see are riding alone, I have seen several large groups out together - it seems the message to stay separate has not been understood.

You  need  to  immediately  contact Manager and  let  them  know, i  expect  they  were  all  white  skinned  anyway

38 minutes ago, 8OA8 said:

Checkpoint in Bangkrajao yesterday afternoon meant my solo ride and carefully avoiding people at traffic lights went by the wayside;

A. I had unwanted contact as social distancing wasn't being observed at the checkpoint.

B. They issued me with a surgical mask that they wanted me to wear, I had to write down my name in their log, they were also spraying the bicycle tyres. Non gloved hands handing out loose facemasks...

I'll avoid that loop next time I'm out.

insanity,  im sick  of  their  stupidty,  its  all  about "looks"..........look  im  wearing  a  mask,  same  mask  ive  worn  for  a  month,  i use  it  when  eating,  when  picking the  bogies  out and when km's  from anyone / place....i  washed  my  hands yesterday. Spraying  bicycle  tyres,  hilarious , why  not  spray  the  road  as  well

• Like 2

2 hours ago, frequentatore said:

Published 3 weeks ago: The Royal Thai Army this morning began spraying roads in Bangkok with disinfectant to combat the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus . the Royal Thai Army units have been deployed to carry out the daily cleaning from 1am to 5am until the end of March.

Other countries do the same. Search YouTube: truck spraying

I'm wondering if the virus is in the air and if it's completely safe to ride a bike in BKK (with a mask). Some countries have banned cycling.

road  temps  must  be at  least 60c+

• Like 1

Still riding on average twice a week at the moment, despite AQI being around 250 - 300 on a daily basis. Today was first time in a very long time AQI has been under 200. 197 today. The thing to note is these readings are significantly higher than those being reported for the most polluted cities in the world. Nevertheless, we are allowed to exercise and riding as a group of 2 we keep around 20 metres apart during the ride. have encountered other cyclists, but they're usually heading in the other direction.

• Like 2

I've been continuing to ride up here in Chiang Mai. Mornings would be good but I'm not a morning guy and also the air pollution is at its worst. So I go in the afternoon and wear a mask. FYI: the N95 type mask is tough to breathe through when your really get going. If you leave your mouth wide open, almost like your yawning, you can get a lot more air. Nobody sees how weird you look because you're hidden behind the mask. Even better, I bought one of the rubber/canister masks for working with chemicals from Home Pro. It has two canister filters and might look weird but the air flow is awesome, way better than the N95 type mask. I'm about to go out right now for a ride and you can believe I'll wear the canister type mask! Only cost about 150 baht. Worth it.

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 5.01.43 PM.png

• Like 2