VIDEO: Automatic visa renewal for foreigners can’t come soon enough as HUNDREDS queue outside Pattaya immigration

webfact

7 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Lovely little petri dish. I was very relieved when thailand elite provided the 90 day report for me and I didn't have to go and get infected there. Poor souls that must go there.

I've always looked at 90 day reports as being 'kind of' optional anyway, if you don't do it you can just pay the 2000 fine.

11 hours ago, fakser said:

I never went to report in person. I just sent the form which I downloaded from imm. site, with the copy of my passport+copy of TM6 card+copy of my visa+stamped envelop with my resident address, by registered mail, and thats it. You should do this 2 weeks in advance

Looks like they blocked my route to the nearest Post Office, which is likely as bad a risk as the immigration office. 

Did my 90 days in the morning, to problem lies with the stupid ppl, who not move after getting their ticket.

Was there 9 AM, gave pasport, got ticket (took 4-5 minutes, due to just ppl standing in front of me who already got tickets, so frustrating...), asked by immigation lady to wait 30 minutes, and come back to collecting point.

Did a stoll to the beach came back at 9.30 and back my pasport.

Okey i know for other services it could take longer.

Edited by Jomtien

3 minutes ago, Jomtien said:

Did my 90 days in the morning, to problem lies with the stupid ppl, who not move after getting their ticket.

Was there 9 AM, gave pasport, got ticket (took 4-5 minutes, due to just ppl standing in front of me who already got tickets, so frustrating...), asked by immigation lady to wait 30 minutes, and come back to collecting point.

Did a stoll to the beach came back at 9.30 and back my pasport.

Okey i know for other services it could take longer.

calling people stupid who can not extend their visa any other way then coming to imm office while you could do your 90 day report online is very interesting 

• Like 1

They look like innocent sheep going to the slaughterhouse.

Probably literally, because in such a crowd there is a risk of being exposed to Covid-19.

No social distancing of at least 1,5 - 2 meter.

Taking temparature at the entrance might seem okay, but Covid- 19 has an incubation time of about 4-10 days, so persons can have the sicknesss while there are still no symptoms.

This situation, in which foreigners (and Immigration staff) have to accept this man-unworthy treatment, is a potential time bomb and an insult to fellow creatures.

Contact your consulat, embassy, ministry of foreign affairs; maybe they can assist to get an immediate solution, like automatic 3 months visa extensions, because this situation is not going to end soon.  

• Like 1

I inform all friends around the world how foreigners are treated here in Thaiand and better stay away from this country in the future!

the instituion of Immigration makes a virus spreading in the country! The government set up end want enforce distancing but on the other hand side the government do nothing much for foreigners to stay safe!!!!!!!!!!!!I we all have to blame this government!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, sapson said:

For the 38th time of posting!

Social distancing is the rule worldwide and their own rule here in Thailand, so follow the lead of neighbouring Asian countries and put all this nonsense on hold.

Is Thai immigration policy truly more important than a worldwide pandemic................

An easy fix that can be reviewed monthly as the situation unfolds.

Automatic 90 day extension for all on current permission to stay stamp..

No need to attend immigration for anything, no overstay fines, no 90 day reports or tm30, stops the risk for staff and victims clients.

Just a common sense solution as everyone and their friendly soi dog has suggested for the last month or so.!

Well said,and far too sensible solution for the top Thais,I have just said similar for another article.

21 hours ago, Howiehotspur said:

He would have done that the day before 

on my last trip to Jomtien IMM before convid-19 ,as I waited inside for my 90 days stamp, an Asian lad went to take a picture (there was lots of Agents with bundles of passports) but an immigration officer

growled at the lad and pointed at the ''No Photographs sign'' they were very quick to react, but now they let lots of pictures be taken outside in Their carpark, may be some of the Immigration offices are not happy with this situation and welcomed the publishing of this poor treatment to both Farang and imm officers as it can kill both parties its not like they are immune.  

On 4/8/2020 at 1:13 PM, zoza said:

but now they let lots of pictures be taken outside in Their carpark, may be some of the Immigration offices are not happy with this situation and welcomed the publishing of this poor treatment to both Farang and imm officers

On that day the 7th   I was at the entrance to the car park and heard someone  shouting

"no photo,no photo"  but still the photos where/are published...then next day  there was announcement of a new emergency immigration office at school number 7...and  "the democratic soldier" also made his long awaited announcement..I think photos are good for getting things done.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
On 4/7/2020 at 12:55 PM, bluemoonpattaya said:

If they had a spacing of 2 Meters between them, the queue would be all the way to Pattyya  beach......:coffee1:

yeah.. thats good!  shows them up!!!!!!!  not going to get there any quicker by breathing on the person in front of you anyways!!!!!!!!!!

whats with that mentality? I always stand in the walkway at the supermarket doing my social distancing when the no brainers dont put on some more checkout chicks (that are hiding behind a pallet on Facbook and chit chatting) with only 2 isles opened out of 8