VIDEO: Automatic visa renewal for foreigners can’t come soon enough as HUNDREDS queue outside Pattaya immigration

webfact

30 minutes ago, patsfangr said:

Yes, they do separate the lines by type of "service" required. As an example, I was "in the mob" when I went in with my documents to extend my retirement visa last Thursday. When I went back to pick up my stamped passport at 3 PM next day, I walked in, and an Imm worker came up and took my ticket. I waited, all alone, behind a white line. He returned with my passport in about 30 seconds, and, after checking the photo against my temporarily unmasked face, he handed it to me. ... ONE SMALL STEP FOR IMMIGRATION! Otherwise, I agree with all of the strongly critical posts in this thread! 

just a kind of self defense for those  inside ( and good thing for them) , bringing passport to you …..but even when you benefit from it …. don't think even a moment it was consideration for you  farang ….

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, patsfangr said:

When I went back to pick up my stamped passport at 3 PM next day, I walked in, and an Imm worker came up and took my ticket. I waited, all alone, behind a white line. He returned with my passport in about 30 seconds, and, after checking the photo against my temporarily unmasked face, he handed it to me.

So no photo taken anymore.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder who all these ppl are though? Are these all still tourists who decided to stay longer?

These long queues are there since almost 2 weeks now ... 

The local expats with their extensions and 90 day are always there ... never creating that massive line.

Flights also have been offered by many countries since 2 weeks now to get their ppl back home.

So what is "exactly" causing that influx in greater detail?

Edited by RedPill
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TEFLKrabi said:

If most of the tourists have gone home, who are all these people going to immigration every day. Surely it’s not like this normally so why is it so busy now?

That's what I just wondered. 

Would be interesting to see a break down of the individual cases and circumstances.

Surely the Germans & Dutch etc. had a huge operation to get their ppl back in specially arranged flights, the UK also last week ... 

Masses of ppl since 2 weeks at immigration?

Edited by RedPill

A week ago or so TAT said it was 20000 Russians stranded in Thailand, and I don't doubt TAT on this, at Jomtien Beach 2:30 PM there was a lot of falangs congregating and swimming, maybe they needed to cool down after hours in the immigration line ?

9 hours ago, Guderian said:

Has anybody tried calling 1337 (Pattaya City Hall), making a complaint about this fiasco, and asking them to pass it on to the Mayor's office so he can take corrective action? If every person who's posted here called City Hall to protest they might take some notice. But if just one person calls them, they'll ignore it.

Last time my wife tried that number there was no answer.....for several hours............

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, genericptr said:

If they waived the visa for 3 months I'd be happy to come back to immigration later and pay for any fees. I can't fathom why they won't just take our money if that's all it's about.

The only people who have said that money is what it's all about are the usual wildly speculating Thaivisa (and similar) posters.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, TEFLKrabi said:

If most of the tourists have gone home, who are all these people going to immigration every day. Surely it’s not like this normally so why is it so busy now?

I guess many people from all over the northern hemisphere added who come to spend winter here. Having the situation, maybe they thibonbetter of queue once a month than travel in full plane to a country where contagion situation might not be any better. 

Does not make it any less disgraceful for Thai government though. 

• Haha 1