BANGKOK
webfact

VIDEO: Automatic visa renewal for foreigners can’t come soon enough as HUNDREDS queue outside Pattaya immigration

Posted (edited)

that social distancing is well, not distanced at all. With poor measures like this all over the country, how are cases falling I wonder 

Edited by Mung
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, garzhe said:

It will take a few deaths of Immigration workers before they stop this nonsense

Talk about conflicted emotions

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, patsfangr said:

Yes, they do separate the lines by type of "service" required. As an example, I was "in the mob" when I went in with my documents to extend my retirement visa last Thursday. When I went back to pick up my stamped passport at 3 PM next day, I walked in, and an Imm worker came up and took my ticket. I waited, all alone, behind a white line. He returned with my passport in about 30 seconds, and, after checking the photo against my temporarily unmasked face, he handed it to me. ... ONE SMALL STEP FOR IMMIGRATION! Otherwise, I agree with all of the strongly critical posts in this thread! 

just a kind of self defense for those  inside ( and good thing for them) , bringing passport to you …..but even when you benefit from it …. don't think even a moment it was consideration for you  farang ….

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, patsfangr said:

When I went back to pick up my stamped passport at 3 PM next day, I walked in, and an Imm worker came up and took my ticket. I waited, all alone, behind a white line. He returned with my passport in about 30 seconds, and, after checking the photo against my temporarily unmasked face, he handed it to me.

So no photo taken anymore.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

You forget where you are...'The Land of Zero Common Sense' !

Crazy all that ... but no mask on a foreigner, a 20k fine was proposed ... makes sense ;-(

• Haha 2

The solution,as arrived at by surrounding countries, takes as long to get to in minutes as the IQ of a typical government official....so about FIVE.

• Haha 1

I passed a queue of hundreds in chiang saen waiting in line a foot apart to get free food 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

Are these immigration officials retarded or what?

Stupid is as stupid does......run Forest run!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

I wonder who all these ppl are though? Are these all still tourists who decided to stay longer?

These long queues are there since almost 2 weeks now ... 

The local expats with their extensions and 90 day are always there ... never creating that massive line.

Flights also have been offered by many countries since 2 weeks now to get their ppl back home.

So what is "exactly" causing that influx in greater detail?

Edited by RedPill
  • Haha 1