VIDEO: Automatic visa renewal for foreigners can’t come soon enough as HUNDREDS queue outside Pattaya immigration

webfact

4 hours ago, male expat said:

The System makes a smart solution impossible. To much money is involved. Not need to be bribes or under table money but for sure rental fees of copy shops etc.

A military coup only can solve the problem here.

Sorry to all democracy lovers.

I think we are experiencing the results of a military coup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any one traveling to immigration office to report 90 days stay, deserves standing in 2 Km queue for 10 hours. 

In all my 14 years in Thailand, I never went to report in person. I just sent the form which I downloaded from imm. site, with the copy of my passport+copy of TM6 card+copy of my visa+stamped envelop with my resident address, by registered mail, and thats it. You should do this 2 weeks in advance. After 4 days I receive the confirmation of the report. Not to say that today there is the app. that enables you to report online.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

All the good work done by everybody will account for nothing.

What is wrong with the PM & Head of Immigration.?

The only reason for this nonsense must be that if there is a flare up the Health Minister can say "see Dirty Farang"... I hope i am wrong but why do not the Immigration staff revolt ?

5 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

They have no intention of making things easier for Farang; everything they say is just Lip Service !

Any one traveling to immigration office to report 90 days stay, deserves standing in 2 Km queue for 10 hours. 

In all my 14 years in Thailand, I never went to report in person. I just sent the form which I downloaded from imm. site, with the copy of my passport+copy of TM6 card+copy of my visa+stamped envelop with my resident address, by registered mail, and thats it. You should do this 2 weeks in advance. After 4 days I receive the confirmation of the report. Not to say that today there is the app. that enables you to report online.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

They have no intention of making things easier for Farang; everything they say is just Lip Service !

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Well.... If there wasn't a spike in new cases of the China virus in Thailand, there will be now because of this stupidity! Sometimes the hard way, is the best way to learn! If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, fakser said:

You don't imagine that all those people are there just to do a 90 day report?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here in the Philippines, visas are extended until the crisis is over and then 30 days without penalties.  My local immigration office is staffed just to tell people about the new rules.

• Like 1

I'd say not nearrly good enough. Not all of us on time limited visas/ permissions to stay/ extensions are tourists coming in the last few weeks. Yet we cannot leave, flights cancelled, foreign destinations closed, travel in home country, if you can get there, impossible or impractical. Unintended, in fact forced,  over stay inevitable. Up  to 20k baht fine etc,etc. Very mean spirited. Land of very crooked smiles?

• Like 2

I guess BIG ORD whatever his silly ass Thai name is?  where is he guess he got no answer or he just don't have the big balls he thinks he has to say we need to worry about lives instead of the money!

All one got to do is start coughing that will make it all go away!????

Absolute disgrace. I have to do an extension soon, no option to do this online or by post.

Don't they realize this puts their own citizens at risk of infection too? How is this not being reported in the west?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Meanwhile in the Philippines, a decidedly poorer nation...they are warning Foreigners NOT to come to immigration and that there will be no fees or fines assessed except 30 days AFTER the emergency quarantine is lifted. Humanity over Money!

Here it would make too much sense but not enough baht if they did that. SMH

FB_IMG_1586236319619.jpg

The President also ordered anyone who violates the curfew shot dead on sight so your humanity claim is dubious at best...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TEFLKrabi said:

If most of the tourists have gone home, who are all these people going to immigration every day.

From what I saw today  they where mostly Russians..a couple of Indians and a few Chinese + small numbers of all the others UK,USA,German,French ,Italian, Filipino etc etc..those stuck here or forced to go just to get a  stamp in their passport to stay legal..reams and reams of paper...for what ?   :crazy: other countries have given amnesties..just come back when the coast is clear.

• Like 1

I did my 90 day at Udon Thani today lots of people out side looked rather chaotic , My 90 day report

was done in ten minutes .I was told wait out side the entrance , when some did their report i went

in side with a social distance not a problem , All though i made a very rapid get away as did not want

to go any where near the others mingling out side .