Thailand reports sharp fall in new COVID-19 cases

webfact

49 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Indonesia is listed No. 38   and Thailand is listed No. 41 on the 

Confirmed  Case by  Country / Territory List  ( john Hopkins ) 

Are Indonesia and Thailand high on the list ?       

Media Exaggerate all the time with a mix of truth and falsehood.   

Just be calm and learn more. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, z42 said:

If these numbers are to be believed then i wonder why the Education ministry is pushing for a delay to term starting from May to July.

Seems illogical that if the curve is dipping to look for even greater lockdown measures

Maybe playing safe and/or planning for the worse. Maybe not wanting teachers and staff working in schools preparing for the new term.

I don't think it's any more than that.

• Haha 1

I don't believe it Thailand.  You people never, ever lie do you?  The best thing we can do is get the hell out of Thailand.  Thailand cares less about the suffering of its people or its visitors as long as they spend money.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, bencnx said:

There is no mass sick and dying anywhere in the world. In France, last year 600 000 persons died so 50 000 per month. Up to now around 10 000 person died form the virus. So it is penuts in statistics. So we are in the phenomal collective allunication that will bring the world to break.

But the virus is much more contagious...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Bogdiver said:

Thailand and other tropical countries are not flu and cold virus countries.  We don't have a flu season here similar to temperate and cold countries.  These type of viruses do not seem to thrive in tropical climates.  During my 37 years in Thailand I've never had the flu and usually a cold maybe once a year or less. However, when I did have a cold it did seem to take longer to heal than back in Europe and also was more severe. When I was living in Europe I had regular cold and flu infections. So infections are possible but nowhere near as prevalent here.

Patent nonsense. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Another day of good news, bringing the likelihood of a full on curfew even less likely. We all know that way more testing would be helpful, but I am yet to hear of a single report of masses of sick and dying crowding at the hospitals. It does seem that Thailand is being most fortunate and that the virus here is unlikely to go crazy like in Europe and the US.

This is fantastic news for a country with such a large population, where it's common for Thai's to mingle closely. And it's most unusual that they seem to be bucking global trends. Is it possible there is wholesale lying or shall we infer at the very least 'being very economical with the truth' ??

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zigcap said:

I certainly enjoy getting the Thaivisa news but the comments following the stories are horrible!!

yiu all should be ashamed about hiding behind a computer or a smart phone and making such negative comments about the entire country!

im sure you cake here as I did willingly! I’m sure you had certain expectations, some might be negatively changing. But it’s not your Country! It’s not your culture. And it’s not your business. 

lice here for the good stuff or leave. There were empty seats last week. Thus week you might be stuck.

so sit down, shut up and enjoy the ride. And keep your feet off the seats. 

you could be in Italy, Greece, France, USA (New York) or Britain. 

and seats are available next month to purchase.

Instead of everybody leaving Thailand, why don't you just not read the comments instead?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, z42 said:

If these numbers are to be believed then i wonder why the Education ministry is pushing for a delay to term starting from May to July.

Seems illogical that if the curve is dipping to look for even greater lockdown measures

Why? It would seem sensible not to rush into a new school term, involving hundreds of thousands of students, only to find that the virus isn't finished and Thailand has a real pandemic of its own to deal with. Better safe than sorry.

Thailand has porous borders, it only needs one or two infected people to start it all up again.

Inbound arrivals would be another major concern, I would think.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BobbyL said:

It certainly seems that some of the scientific research released recently around temperature and humidity restricting the spread is true. 

Any chance of providing a link to back that up, just to satisfy my curiosity ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

Any chance of providing a link to back that up, just to satisfy my curiosity ?

Someone posted it on here over the weekend in another thread. It was from a research paper by Chinese scientists but in English. Apologies I don't have the link. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

The 1% have seen their revenues being affected more than they imagined, so time to reverse the figures and get the money train rolling once more...

If it was only the general population suffering financial hardships, there would be no need to relax the control but.....

Maybe I'm just being cynical ??

Not cynical,  just right!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

It's an indication of SARS-CoV-2 being present at the hospitals. 

It is also a sign that those medical personnel possibly had no proper protective medical gear to work with people who were possibly infected.  I have rarely observed a nurse in a ward wearing protective gear, other than a mask.  When my daughter had pneumonia one year ago from this past February, she was placed in a room at Bangkok Hospital, and the nurses were not even wearing gloves as they took her blood and vitals.  Maybe they will build some new wards for infectious disease patients out of this pandemic, and have the proper medical clothing available to them, but I highly doubt it.

Edited by ThailandRyan

36 minutes ago, Zigcap said:

I certainly enjoy getting the Thaivisa news but the comments following the stories are horrible!!

You all should be ashamed about hiding behind a computer or a smart phone and making such negative comments about the entire country!

That's OK -- I just look at Thai Visa somewhat same as Fantasy NFL or Fantasy Premier League instead here they play Fantasy Thai Government where most everyone surely knows how to run the  government, the economy, the tourism industry and now the epidemiological crisis better than those who actually do.

Edited by SkyFax
  • Like 1

Great news if it can be believed. I dont see mass gatherings of the sick at hospitals etc but there is minimum testing and a media that is tightly controlled. If this does all end this easily I recommend to be very cautious (dip toe in water etc.) and as cynical as it may sound...give it some time juuuuust in case the other shoe drops.. Alas there will very quickly be a hoard of chinese flocking to the "safety" of Thailand and that's when the real sxxt may begin. The only safety net is that the Chinese are truly hated now and they wont be so eager to welcome them with open arms even for the cash. Honestly, there's no where to hide anymore. 

5 hours ago, pmh2009 said:

Look unless you have tested everyone or at least tried...like Germany - who tests 500K per week.. whatever data or numbers you have and say  are irrelevant!!! Let say you only test 3 million out of a population of 69 million --- what is the percentage of that is correct???? Just because the infected cases go down does not mean that the VIRUS is dissipating or clearing up!!!!!!

Its not about cases.... its about deaths and the USA can say their rate extremely high because they are doing more tests than anyone.... but you can't hide 50,000 deaths and there is no way that is happening in Thailand. I am sure there would be many thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people here who have had it or have it now and symptoms minor or unnoticeable. It is very clear to me with such a low rate across most of Asia, SE Asia apart from China, the hot humid climate has to be making a difference and maybe the fact they have been exposed to some nasty Corona viruses and flus here before. So many people at close quarters every day, much more so than Europe or USA, there has to be a definitive reason for the low infection rate in Asia. And the rot about not being an airborne disease. I understand viruses are spread very much so by touch and surfaces but an idiot would know this has to be spread orally like most viruses. I mean with all the know how and experience they have now....have one person infected at a boxing match and 100 others are infected? Did they all hold hands?

I remember the first year I was here I had two horrific flus, the likes I have never experienced. Hallucinations, bad sweats, fever and extremely high temperature. In any case we should all be thankful to be here and best I can see the Thais in general, their leader and the government have done as much and maybe more than can be expected for a great outcome. Even with cases going down the end is not in sight yet. With no reported daily cases I would expect measures for at least another one to two months at least. This thing is so contagious only takes one person in a city to infect thousands and start the whole process again.

I wish the usual moaners on here would either pull their head in or admin boots them. Bunch of miserable old losers trying to pull everyone down into their miserable hell. You do none of us other expats any favours creating all this bad feeling and sentiment in a country where you / we are a guest. If you don't like it why don't you FOXTROT OSCAR? I bet you blokes would be the same ones moaning about governments back home pandering to foreigners. One thing I admire about Thailand, and much different to my own country is that in Thailand Thais come first...and thats how it should be. If you are stuck here, hate it and don't have any other choice...spare the rest of us your miserable and constant daily moaning and sniping.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

That's OK -- I just look at Thai Visa somewhat same as Fantasy NFL or Fantasy Premier League instead here they play Fantasy Thai Government where most everyone surely knows how to run the  government, the economy, the tourism industry and now the epidemiological crisis better than those who actually do.

The ironic thing is, the majority on here would probably fare better than this bunch of inadequate clowns. 

the numbers regarding testing here is not really relevant.

they will never have the capacity here to test to the extent as in Germany.

The figure to keep an eye on, is the amount of people admitted to hospital.

If these figures remain low, happy days.

Testing or no testing, if someone is badly affected by this thing, they are going to report to hospital.

That is how we can know t he real figure.

• Like 2