Thailand reports sharp fall in new COVID-19 cases

webfact

24 minutes ago, Ketyo said:

Numbers are always down on Sundays and Mondays. Because some paperwork doesn't get forwarded on Saturdays and Sundays.

I hope the trend is correct but lets see a few more days data.

Or maybe they don't work full day at the NIH/Army reference labs during the weekends, that's where confirmations are done.

Good observation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Ketyo said:

Numbers are always down on Sundays and Mondays. Because some paperwork doesn't get forwarded on Saturdays and Sundays.

I hope the trend is correct but lets see a few more days data.

Of course, why would they bother. Urgent Non Urgent? Get a grip!

1 hour ago, totally thaied up said:

I am not sure if I can post this link but I just read this now.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/dissatisfied-officials-admit-thailand-needs-more-covid-19-testing/

And it's not just that.

Asymptomatic people, even if tested positive, are not "confirmed". There are artificial hurdles that keep the numbers low:

- PUI admission criteria, you must have penumonia already if not otherwise mathing a strict criteria set: https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/guidelines/G_PUIdefinition.pdf

- To get confirmed, two positive RT-PCR tests must be done at spearate reference labs (there are only two in Thailand: https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/who-reference-laboratories-providing-confirmatory-testing-for-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=a03a01e6_2 ) and you must have symptoms in addition (my post above)

Not to mention nobody knows what is actually going on in those two reference labs, one of which is controlled by Anutin and one by the Army.

The result is heavy suppression of the figures for the confirmed count in the official stats. Somebody does know the count from positive tests done in private hospitals, but it's not public knowledge. 

Edited by DrTuner
  • Thanks 1

The wonderland of military junta country... Total nonsense. They report and claim what they want. Measures too late taken, too short duration and still all is good again? Look to Europe and imagine a multiple times more severe situation to estimate the true situation in Thailand

• Like 1

Hurry up Prayut and Anutin! The Chinese can travel again. Open up your country to can welcome again your brothers and sisters! Now all is good in Thailand again. We love you for your good job and competence.

Strange ... The nrs go up pretty fast , together with the measures , once Europe was shutting down . Now 1st nrs in Europe are in sight of improving , and suddenly they drop in Thailand also . This might be just because the outbreak started same time , but on the other hand , Thailand did not have a outbreak yet , and very weird is that there was also no outbreak from the Chinese visitors . I expect the nrs to follow on the European , and the country to reopen again when Europe is opening again .

These nrs IMHO are just too convenient .

• Like 1

So I walked through the Din Daeng market again tonight after two days and the large central area is starting to fill up again with stalls, would think people are coming back. Everyone still close. Walked back through the neighborhood and people in the sweat shops are sitting 3 feet apart and 95% are not wearing masks. Less traffic on the streets, but if you didn't know and someone told you the city was in crisis you'd wonder what they were talking about. 

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Another day of good news, bringing the likelihood of a full on curfew even less likely. We all know that way more testing would be helpful, but I am yet to hear of a single report of masses of sick and dying crowding at the hospitals. It does seem that Thailand is being most fortunate and that the virus here is unlikely to go crazy like in Europe and the US.

Its a tough day for the many cynics here on TV who from day one were so negative and hurled insults towards just everybody or anything Thai. No masses of ppl dying here, Thailand has proven to play it very very smart. (very different from what we see in a chaotic usa or Europe.) 

Sooner or later the cynics will have to start to eat their own words and negativity...bon apetite!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I understand that the reports might not be accurate and the actual cases number could be much higher. However, I'm getting tired with all of those negative and sarcastic comments. It's been going on for a while, way before the ongoing crisis. Critical thinking is great and particularly useful during these difficult times, but providing accurate data to support this criticism could help.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, hydraides said:

That's because they are testing hardly anyone. How many thai's can splash out on 5000 baht test?

That's a whole month salary compensation from the government

the total number of people having been tested did not change since yesterday 25,071 tested as of yesterday.. and 25,071 total still having been tested as of today.

With a day off no one was tested and that's why the lower number... brilliant way to get the numbers down .. just stop testing. 

The UK with almost the same population has tested 10 times the number of people than in Thailand .. think about the real numbers if you multiply by 10

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, zhounan said:

Good news for Thailand and us all, but please, stop says temperature and humidity, there are no naive children here.

Malaysia test coverage is decent, and they hit a 4% growth rate far sooner than Italy. What would you say is the probable cause, if not climate related?

2 hours ago, HelloWelcome77 said:

I understand that the reports might not be accurate and the actual cases number could be much higher. However, I'm getting tired with all of those negative and sarcastic comments. It's been going on for a while, way before the ongoing crisis. Critical thinking is great and particularly useful during these difficult times, but providing accurate data to support this criticism could help.

Ha ha.  You must be new here.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HelloWelcome77 said:

You must have just landed. Hold onto that.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, BobbyL said:

It certainly seems that some of the scientific research released recently around temperature and humidity restricting the spread is true. 

TB inoculated countries are reporting 10 times less cases. Italy, Spain and USA did not inoculate or stopped years ago. My Thai wife says she had the jab. Source RT news 

35 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

TB inoculated countries are reporting 10 times less cases. Italy, Spain and USA did not inoculate or stopped years ago. My Thai wife says she had the jab. Source RT news 

I believe in this theory more then the humidity / temp / UV thing . Might it be true , idk , i've seen it somewhere also that some medication/ vaccin for TB is something they were looking at . Only the future will tell , the longer this is around , the more results of testing different medicines are coming out . In a few weeks , 1st results of medicine tests will come out , some will certainly be scrapped of the list , others will stay on the list and will be tested more ( if possible ) . 

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Thailand testing has gone from 25k to 72k in just a couple of days, anyone believe these numbers?

About 45 million of Thai people , and 90% of people working for TAT . The other 10% of TAT thinks this number is grossly undervalued , and thinks 7.2 million are tested already .

1 hour ago, kiwikeith said:

Big diff

Seems like that could be big help

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

I've said it once and i will say it again. Face masks DO help! 
Anyone willing to deny this should take a look at Europe and America where very few people wear masks. And then compare that with Asia where a high majority of people do wear them. 

There is a doctor from one of the best hospitals in NY talking about the virus and saying how we understand it now and how to avoid it.

He say that you can not catch it by walking past someone(unless they sneeze or cough directly in your face)

He said you needed 15 to 30 mins exposure to a infected person.

Said that most infections were caused by people touching their own faces.