Closure of Pattaya set to begin on Thursday 9 April

2 hours ago, timendres said:

It would be a fascinating experiment. Close it off - no one enters, no one leaves. Open everything back up with the normal "rules". See where we stand in 3 months. Of course, everyone over 60, or with pre-existing conditions, would be [email protected] themselves. But, we would learn a lot about "herd immunity" very quickly.

And why exactly would I be crapping my self ? Kindly explain your rather stupid comment 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But you will still need to queue up at immigration ...

I wonder if that is to stop possibly infected from coming in, or to stop us escaping.

Definitely a lock in.....100s and 100s of foreigners crammed into queues down at immigration over last 3 weeks....and then traveling back to their to their homes/ hotels scattered all over Pattaya....

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Dirk_brijs said:

How long has it been you have been outside???? you have been in QT a bit too long I think dude....many many supermarkets on the darkside large and small...you sure you even live here dude????

more than 15 years here - and please see post #19!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, darksidedog said:

The "FreshFood" supermarket on Soi Siam by the fuel station, is actually not bad, though like Tops, a lot more pricey than Tesco Lotus or Big C. More expensive on most things than even Foodland actually, but a fairly wide range of fresh stuff.

If the railway road is the final cut off, then even the Lotus near Numchai will be out of reach, (though allowing darksiders access to it and shutting the entrance there to Sukhumvit would make sense),and not sure the locals can afford to be paying 40 or 50% extra for their groceries at Tops and Freshfood right now.

Hopefully some of the finer points of practicality will be in the final details.

Never been to that one, so cannot comment, I might give it a whirl and was going by the map, so was discounting Tesco by Numchai, although you are quite right, it would not be difficult to make it accessible.

There certainly isn't much choice if you consider the darkside only, hopefully as you say, all will be revealed once the details are released.

• Like 2

Darksiders can still roam free, but need to enter the center of darkness for supermarkets. Where's the closest not inside the quarantine area?

1 hour ago, landmann said:

A lot of action for a very limited number of infections and death tolls. Guess the published numbers are fake and controlled by the military

welcome to the forum.  :clap2::cheesy:

• Haha 2