Closure of Pattaya set to begin on Thursday 9 April

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

IMG-20200407-WA0007.jpg

That big guy with the bald head and white mask on his mouth ( not nose)  was still there at about 5.30 pm

there where still Russians waiting at 6.30PM when I left !!!!!

PS also recognise the guy on phone with blue folder and woman with white jeans both also still there till late

total mayhem.

Edited by johng
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I thought it was to keep out those dirty foreigners

They are already there and have been for years. Perhaps to keep the lowlifes away?

forget it, too late!

But the government has things under control????

few deaths, few cases, why the lockdown, surely everything is u dear control???

it sure looks under control at the immigration! 

Edited by Ron jeremy
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, doctormann said:

Looks as though us folks on the east side of the railway may be going hungry!  The only supermarket of any size on the Darkside is 'The Chill' on Khao Noi.  We have quite a few convenience stores but all the large supermarkets are to the west of Sukhumvit.

You can't be buying so much that you really need to go into town. There are a number of stores in between 7/11 and the big chains more than necessary to get by.  There is the larger lotus on Sukhumvit behind Num Chai, number of Mini big C's and Lotus on Nernpludwan and Soi Siam, then you got the new Thai supermarket called CJ, then the often forgotten new market Friendship? on the left side when you come off Hwy 7, just before you get to Soi Siam the old Index location go all the way to the back is the market unless you know how to get to it from the back.

From the map, and the checkpoints outline there are a number of holes in between if you know Pattaya you can get to Makro and Lotus from the Darkside.

Edited by thailand49

25 minutes ago, mikebell said:

We are still residents of Pattaya so should be allowed thro'?

Not Nongprue rather than Pattaya City? I don't like the idea of being cut off from the supermarkets I normally use, the banks nor the pharmacy. And my Mrs says she still wants to go to the Naklua market. I am betting this won't be that strict.

apparently they are checking Thai workers for ID and letter from businesses within Pattaya for reason for them to be there, like manning the shops...

residents should have ID showing Banglamung address... but the problem even for Thais is that not many Thais even with those with houses in the area actually move their address 'here' and how many of us actually have the Pink ID, I doubt they'll accept passport as prove that you're a 'local' 

1 minute ago, digbeth said:

apparently they are checking Thai workers for ID and letter from businesses within Pattaya for reason for them to be there, like manning the shops...

residents should have ID showing Banglamung address... but the problem even for Thais is that not many Thais even with those with houses in the area actually move their address 'here' and how many of us actually have the Pink ID, I doubt they'll accept passport as prove that you're a 'local' 

A driving license will have you address.

Also your TM30 receipt will have your address.

• Thanks 1

Since the anouncement on the news yesterday that there were only 39 infections recorded traffic in bkk has gone back to normal it seems . Traffic jams everywhere again , better keep the nr's up for a while because common sence is not a word in the thai dictionary . As soon as the nr's go down they will pick up life as if nothing happened and the nr's will go up faster then prayuts bankaccount , and that goes up fast believe me .

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, luckyluke said:

I suppose/hope supply from outside Pattaya will still be allowed.

Probably haven't thought that far ahead,besides another post said cases of corona are going down,sounds like someone is speaking with forked tongue.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, William Osborne said:

Definitely a lock in.....100s and 100s of foreigners crammed into queues down at immigration over last 3 weeks....and then traveling back to their to their homes/ hotels scattered all over Pattaya.......absolute lunacy on at an unprecedented level.

Which immigration are good at!

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

A driving license will have you address.

Also your TM30 receipt will have your address.

Surely deeds to a property that you own with your name on it would suffice? Or the blue book with your name in it, then they just need to verify your name with passport/drivers license.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jack7106 said:

Best pop over to Siamburys ( darkside ) tomorrow morning to stock up on my farang food before we get locked in????????‍♂️????????????

Glad i got a lot of their Romano strong cheese before they stopped selling it . 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

Surely deeds to a property that you own with your name on it would suffice? Or the blue book with your name in it, then they just need to verify your name with passport/drivers license.

Thats what the wife will carry ,as her Thai id ,was never changed to Pattaya,she never bothered ,but suppose our drivers licence and my pink id should work , no good for much else .

Edited by bert bloggs
  • Haha 1