BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

Closure of Pattaya set to begin on Thursday 9 April

apparently they are checking Thai workers for ID and letter from businesses within Pattaya for reason for them to be there, like manning the shops...

residents should have ID showing Banglamung address... but the problem even for Thais is that not many Thais even with those with houses in the area actually move their address 'here' and how many of us actually have the Pink ID, I doubt they'll accept passport as prove that you're a 'local' 

1 minute ago, digbeth said:

apparently they are checking Thai workers for ID and letter from businesses within Pattaya for reason for them to be there, like manning the shops...

residents should have ID showing Banglamung address... but the problem even for Thais is that not many Thais even with those with houses in the area actually move their address 'here' and how many of us actually have the Pink ID, I doubt they'll accept passport as prove that you're a 'local' 

A driving license will have you address.

Also your TM30 receipt will have your address.

• Thanks 1

Since the anouncement on the news yesterday that there were only 39 infections recorded traffic in bkk has gone back to normal it seems . Traffic jams everywhere again , better keep the nr's up for a while because common sence is not a word in the thai dictionary . As soon as the nr's go down they will pick up life as if nothing happened and the nr's will go up faster then prayuts bankaccount , and that goes up fast believe me .

• Haha 2

Best pop over to Siamburys ( darkside ) tomorrow morning to stock up on my farang food before we get locked in😳🤷‍♂️🙏🇹🇭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, luckyluke said:

I suppose/hope supply from outside Pattaya will still be allowed.

Probably haven't thought that far ahead,besides another post said cases of corona are going down,sounds like someone is speaking with forked tongue.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, William Osborne said:

Definitely a lock in.....100s and 100s of foreigners crammed into queues down at immigration over last 3 weeks....and then traveling back to their to their homes/ hotels scattered all over Pattaya.......absolute lunacy on at an unprecedented level.

Which immigration are good at!

• Haha 1

where do the people living on the dark side shop. visit hospitals, banks, totally knee jerk reaction, not o iota of common sense!

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

A driving license will have you address.

Also your TM30 receipt will have your address.

Surely deeds to a property that you own with your name on it would suffice? Or the blue book with your name in it, then they just need to verify your name with passport/drivers license.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jack7106 said:

Best pop over to Siamburys ( darkside ) tomorrow morning to stock up on my farang food before we get locked in😳🤷‍♂️🙏🇹🇭

Glad i got a lot of their Romano strong cheese before they stopped selling it . 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

Surely deeds to a property that you own with your name on it would suffice? Or the blue book with your name in it, then they just need to verify your name with passport/drivers license.

Thats what the wife will carry ,as her Thai id ,was never changed to Pattaya,she never bothered ,but suppose our drivers licence and my pink id should work , no good for much else .

Edited by bert bloggs
  • Haha 1

I live in NE why do they call the Darkside the Darkside...?

• Thanks 1