BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

Closure of Pattaya set to begin on Thursday 9 April

18 hours ago, doctormann said:

Looks as though us folks on the east side of the railway may be going hungry!  The only supermarket of any size on the Darkside is 'The Chill' on Khao Noi.  We have quite a few convenience stores but all the large supermarkets are to the west of Sukhumvit.

You got Siamburi left.....

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Probably haven't thought that far ahead,besides another post said cases of corona are going down,sounds like someone is speaking with forked tongue.

had a couple of cases myself this week so must be going down!

7 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

I live in NE why do they call the Darkside the Darkside...?

Because years ago it was dark in the sense of lights ,housing estates ,shops etc.    The amount of development there has been quite remarkable.  Once an area gets a name it tends to stick for years

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

You got Siamburi left.....

Yes, i use Siamburi quite often as it is good for hard to find farang items.  Good sausages, cheese, pies, ready to eat curries and such like.  Not really a substitute for a large Tesco or Big C though.

• Thanks 1

Is there any information around on what type of places inside the lock-down zone have to close as of tomorrow? I learned that some (or all?) of the restaurants still doing take-away service have to stop this completely. What about the markets? No supply traffic, therefore no produce to sell, I guess.

21 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I wonder if that is to stop possibly infected from coming in, or to stop us escaping. :smile:

Both

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

An over reaction, far, far too late. Perhaps this should have been done weeks ago. Now? The virus appears to be leveling off here. And many are still in a panic. The zombies are coming! 

One of the worst problems here, has been the incredibly inconsistent policy. When you have a brain dead health minister, with absolutely no experience, and an astonishing lack of talent in the administration from the top down, this is what happens. 

And your evidence for a "levelling off here" is????  Govt stats?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

Surely deeds to a property that you own with your name on it would suffice? Or the blue book with your name in it, then they just need to verify your name with passport/drivers license.

So people are expected to travel about with property deeds?

Doubt that's gonna happen.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

But you will still need to queue up at immigration ...

Won't be able to get to Jomtien

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

So people are expected to travel about with property deeds?

Doubt that's gonna happen.

If you don't have a driver's license, most likely a piece of mail (like an electric bill) with your name, along with your passport, will be enough to show residence. This is usually what immigration requires.

• Haha 1