Post Office

Rocking Philbert

Hi Folks I hope you are all safe and well.

Does anybody Know what is the situation on  The Post Office and Posting goods from Chiang Mai and surrounding Provinces ?  Are they still open and if closed any idea as to when they are

Likely to open ?  As I am getting conflicting reports.

many Thanks in advance

Mailed a card to the US from post office at Kad Suan Kaew (which remains open).  Sent it by "ordinary" mail with a 28 baht stamp....which, over the last decade, would typically take 14-16 days to get to the midwest USA; however, postal clerk was quite specific in telling me that now it would take 3 months to get there.  They do have registered mail but I didn't inquire about the cost or timing for that.

Edited by CMBob

30 minutes ago, CMBob said:

Mailed a card to the US from post office at Kad Suan Kaew (which remains open).  Sent it by "ordinary" mail with a 28 baht stamp....which, over the last decade, would typically take 14-16 days to get to the midwest USA; however, postal clerk was quite specific in telling me that now it would take 3 months to get there.  They do have registered mail but I didn't inquire about the cost or timing for that.

Registered post is 70-85 Baht depending on the country. It would still take 3 months to get there as the only places that you can still send Airmail to are China, Hong Kong and Macau. Everywhere else, surface (boat) only.

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jarse said:

What about air mail parcels and  letters into Thailand are they still being delivered?

Of course and those parcels and lettere will still be being delivered in November.