It this why deaths are so low in Thailand?

Drew3223

There is a big difference between the 335 new cases in Thailand, and 9 new deaths in the past 4 days, and approximately 124,000 new cases and 5600 new deaths in the US. I double down on my assertion that the virus appears to be leveling off here. Just look at the numbers. And for those of you who are skeptical of the numbers keep in mind that they stayed at 100-200 total cases for weeks, before they started ticking up. So, there does appear to be some accounting of the caseloads. Just as in the US, the testing is still limited. But, my assertion of the positive effects of the heat remain in place. 

Research from a laboratory-grown copy of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) that causes the COVID-19 illness shows that heat affects the virus and impacts its behavior, a top pathologist said new research has shown. But other infectious disease experts aren't yet convinced. “In cold environments, there is longer virus survival than warm ones,” Hong Kong University pathology professor John Nicholls told AccuWeather exclusively. “Temperature could significantly change COVID-19 transmission,” the authors note in the study. They also pointed out that the “virus is highly sensitive to high temperature.” 

https://www.accuweather.com/en/health-wellness/higher-temperatures-affect-survival-of-new-coronavirus-pathologist-says/700800

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And for those of you who are skeptical of the numbers keep in mind that they stayed at 100-200 total cases for weeks, before they started ticking up.

Of course one could be skeptical about the numbers.

But in Thailand the censors would not be strong enough to suppress news/pictures of overloaded crematoriums, piles of corpses in body bags, corpses on forklifts and so on. Or has someone seen?

• Like 2